Uncharted Drake's Fortune the movie

JJTEY14

At this point, the best live-action film adaptation of a video game is probably Sonic the Hedgehog. :D

The movie will probably end up fine; a pair of treasure hunters/thieves uncovering ancient civilizations, lost treasure, zombie viruses, mercenary groups, etc. has all the makings of a standard AAA Hollywood production. Think Indiana Jones meets Rush Hour. If it were given any other name, people would watch it and say "wow this movie is fun, although it totally rips off Uncharted."

But because they literally called it Uncharted, people are going to expect a direct translation of the game to the movie, and end up disappointed.

1 hour ago, Alderriz said:

Probably not. I expect it to be similar to the most recent Tomb Raider movie. It is currently sitting at 48/100 on Metacritic.

The movie is being directed by Ruben Fleischer, the guy who made Zombieland (which I liked) and Venom (which, I thought, was garbage). The script has been reworked a dozen times, which is never a good sign. And I've never seen this many directors leave one project before. It has to be an anti-record. Plently reasons to be concerned. Not to mention, many people agree that this adaptation didn't need to exist in the first place.

But I still hope it's good. Don't know why, but I'm trying to be optimistic about it. At the very least it's going to be interesting to see the result of this development hell.

Unfortunately, I do not think it is going to be any good. Maybe it is a good thing, to avoid to hype it up. I am curious to see where it goes, but I assume it will not be any good.

bmg_ps.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Lucky you, the film has fuck-all to do with any of the games.

Trying to find a good live-action film adaptation of a video game, and I think it's safe to say there isn't a single one that's actually good.

Perfect entry point for me then. xD

What about Detective Pikachu and Sonic The Hedgehog? I have heard those were decent to good. They may not be full live-action, but still...

I know what you mean, though, the vast majority of videogame-based movies are barely watchable.

Just now, bmg_ps said:

Unfortunately, I do not think it is going to be any good. Maybe it is a good thing, to avoid to hype it up. I am curious to see where it goes, but I assume it will not be any good.

Yeah, I'll try to keep my expectations low. We'll see where it's going when the first trailer drops.

Just now, Honor_Hand said:

What about Detective Pikachu and Sonic The Hedgehog? I have heard those were decent to good. They may not be full live-action, but still...

I enjoyed Detective Pikachu. For me it was somewhere between 6.5/10 and 7/10.

Edited by Alderriz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Honor_Hand said:

Mediocre, but both stand heads and shoulders above any other video game adaptation I've seen. That's not saying much, but they're worth a family movie night.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2020 at 3:51 PM, Helyx said:

Mediocre, but both stand heads and shoulders above any other video game adaptation I've seen. That's not saying much, but they're worth a family movie night.

I thought the Tomb Raider movie in 2018 was really good. Did enough to change it and make it interesting.