Online Trophies boostable?

Solidfox88

Yes, they can. It's probably a necessity at this point, which is a shame because this was a great game.

The only question is, how many people will you need? I'm not sure an online match will start with only 2 players, even on opposing teams. After "searching for game" for a while, the match should start with empty slots filled with AI players, but IIRC you need some minimum number of human players. This doesn't include the matchmade trophy, you only need one other person for that (as the description states).

Edited by RNumbers

I think people still play divisions with at least some regularity. I've seen a few Rigs communities on the PS4 that seem kind of active as well. I got lucky with the division ranks a few weeks ago when the game was on sale in the US and there were quite a few people online without needing to boost. The EU PSN has it on sale now as well, so it might be a good time to jump in actually.

One human player on each team should be enough, that's how most of my matches went. The remaining positions then were filled out by AI. One time, apparently, the other player quit on me just before the match started and I played the whole match alone against bots - still counted just like normal. That's most likely an exception though.

When boosting divisions, another thing to consider is that each player needs enough points to be eligible for promotion. I've seen a trophy guide suggest that promotions depend just on the number of points gained, but it seemed to me that each division has ten fixed matches that need to be finished with at least a certain total score in order to rank up. Personally I had to do all 50 matches to finally be promoted from division 6. But maybe that was because I sucked ?

1v1 matchmaking seems to be hard to get without boosting though. I personally haven't found anyone after a combined four or so hours of searching/waiting around. If anyone else needs the Mano a Mano trophy or can help, I'd appreciate that as well! Will gladly return the favor, of course.

• 1 month later...

Just to chime in, since the game is free for PS+ users for a while, you do indeed need to do all 50 matches for division mode. Anyone that claims otherwise doesn't have a good understanding of the game. :) The good thing is, once you have enough points, you can lose the rest of the matches for that particular division with no risk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RNumbers said:

Just to chime in, since the game is free for PS+ users for a while, you do indeed need to do all 50 matches for division mode. Anyone that claims otherwise doesn't have a good understanding of the game. :) The good thing is, once you have enough points, you can lose the rest of the matches for that particular division with no risk.

What happens if you don't get enough points? I was lucky enough to scrape by for each division, but I'd be interested to know what the consequences are for not doing so. Do you simply reset your current division or do you go back a whole division as well (meaning 20 extra matches)?

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

What happens if you don't get enough points? I was lucky enough to scrape by for each division, but I'd be interested to know what the consequences are for not doing so. Do you simply reset your current division or do you go back a whole division as well (meaning 20 extra matches)?

IIRC, there are thresholds for each division. Get less than the minimum and get relegated; get past the min and you're at least "safe" and stay in the same division; get past the max and you get promoted. The exact values change for each division.

So if you don't get enough points, what happens depends on exactly how short you are. But it means 10 or 20 more matches if you fail to get promoted, so uh... don't do that.

Edited by RNumbers