An epic LEGO game!

LEGO Star Wars III is friggin' epic!

Ok, so I have been playing the hell out of LEGO Star Wars III, and I have to say that it is absolutely fantastic! If you are a fan of the LEGO games or Star Wars (or both), you most certainly will want to check out this latest addition to the LEGO franchise.

The game-play is great, and the environments are...well...spectacular! As a special note, I have yet to come across any glitches, which we all know the LEGO games are prone to have. Just an absolute gem of a game, and I am so glad it lived up to the hype as this was one of the few titles I had been looking forward to this year.

• 3 months later...

I just fell across this game in a bundle pack (controller + game for $50)... great deal for both since the controller itself is about $50 or more...

anyway... so far so good... the only gripe is that it hasn't felt like the original Lego Star Wars games... im still very early on in the game but the first two that came out on PS2 and later became "the complete saga" seemed to play a little different and i liked the level structure... Im not complaining because i love Star Wars and i love Legos... together they make a great game...

• 1 month later...

It's awesome that older people seem to like the lego games. I always thought they were for kids. Now that I'm 17 and in college, I have stayed away from the Lego games. After reading your guys' opinions, I am beginning to think that it is not embarrassing to eventually have a couple Lego game platinums. Am I right?

• Like 1

It's awesome that older people seem to like the lego games. I always thought they were for kids. Now that I'm 17 and in college, I have stayed away from the Lego games. After reading your guys' opinions, I am beginning to think that it is not embarrassing to eventually have a couple Lego game platinums. Am I right?

I'm 27 and I have 5 lego plats in my collection. Star Wars was actually my least favorite of the 5. And I liked Indy 2 the best. Cant wait for LEGO Batman 2 to come out this year. I'm currently playing the first one on my psp.

LOL!

well us "older" folks grew up with not only Star Wars and Indiana Jones but we also played with Legos before they were so main stream... put them together and you get :awesome:

I am 31 years old and i love video games... when you get older you realize that it doesn't matter what you play as long as YOU are having fun...

I would check out the LEGO games... i have owned all of the Star Wars ones... The first two Star Wars ones where better in my opinion but #3 isn't bad either...

I'm 27 and I have 5 lego plats in my collection. Star Wars was actually my least favorite of the 5. And I liked Indy 2 the best. Cant wait for LEGO Batman 2 to come out this year. I'm currently playing the first one on my psp.

That's great to know :) Maybe I'll have to get "working"....... (sorry eburk, it's just habbit).....ahem......playing some Lego games in the near future!

LOL!

well us "older" folks grew up with not only Star Wars and Indiana Jones but we also played with Legos before they were so main stream... put them together and you get :awesome:

I am 31 years old and i love video games... when you get older you realize that it doesn't matter what you play as long as YOU are having fun...

I would check out the LEGO games... i have owned all of the Star Wars ones... The first two Star Wars ones where better in my opinion but #3 isn't bad either...

Ha! I'm glad you feel that way, it helps me so as not to feel so "kiddish" LOL :)

Thanks for the tip! They have this at my library so I will pick it up next week if it's really that good.

Although not a GOTY contender, as is typical with the LEGO games, you definitely will not regret playing this either. Lot's of fun and addicting as well. Rented, borrowed or purchased, you will not be left feeling shorted in the least!

I'd actually like to play a lego game, but none of the current skins interest me. If they make a ninjago game I'll try that at least.

Lego (the actual toys) are launching a lord of the rings line soon (not sure when but they officially announced it last month or so.) I'm sure Lego lord of the rings video games will follow, which makes me a very, very happy person. I can't wait to collect all the characters, I'm such a lotr geek.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

LEGO Star Wars III is friggin' epic!

Ok, so I have been playing the hell out of LEGO Star Wars III, and I have to say that it is absolutely fantastic! If you are a fan of the LEGO games or Star Wars (or both), you most certainly will want to check out this latest addition to the LEGO franchise.

The game-play is great, and the environments are...well...spectacular! As a special note, I have yet to come across any glitches, which we all know the LEGO games are prone to have. Just an absolute gem of a game, and I am so glad it lived up to the hype as this was one of the few titles I had been looking forward to this year.

i agree ths game is absolutley epic. in total i have played over 25 hours on this game!

• 2 months later...

I love LEGO Star Wars,

1. I love Star Wars
  2. I love LEGO
  3. It is an easy platinum (just like LEGO INDIANA JONES 2)

What's not to like?

It is also quite cheap, I got is for about £17, brilliant value for money

Edited by Ebbwvalerule

• 8 years later...
On 1/13/2012 at 1:53 AM, Lil_Mermaid_Girl said:

I miss the way we could buy characters and ships and bricks from the cantina in the complete saga, but other than that this game is good.

I agree, I don't like having to walk over the place looking for these people.  I keep wanting to hit Triangle to pull up a big list of pictures and purchase the one's I've unlocked.

On 1/13/2012 at 5:18 AM, ShadeSplit said:

I'd actually like to play a lego game, but none of the current skins interest me. If they make a ninjago game I'll try that at least.

Several years later....they have

On 1/15/2012 at 1:21 AM, Lil_Mermaid_Girl said:

Lego (the actual toys) are launching a lord of the rings line soon (not sure when but they officially announced it last month or so.) I'm sure Lego lord of the rings video games will follow, which makes me a very, very happy person. I can't wait to collect all the characters, I'm such a lotr geek.

I think while these were true to the spirit of the series, books and movie, I thought they were the least fun of all the lego's.  WAY too much backtracking, the day/night quest thing was horrible.  Probably the longest lego grinds I've done were those two games.

----------------------------------

I never actually watched the TV show so the storyline is new to me, aside from what I know from watching the first 6 movies of Star Wars.  I'm fine with it, the characters are interesting, the storyline is alright, the levels don't seem overly long like in other lego games.

Edited by LegendExeter

10 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

the levels don't seem overly long like in other legeo games.

I can agree that many of the newer games certainly feel and I think generally do have longer games. I mean look at a majority of early 2010s lego games like Indy 2, Batman 2 and this for example all being 20-25 hour experiences if you are efficient and only plat focused.

Newer games like Marvel Super Hero games are all 35-40 hour games pretty much (not taking into account the extra hours of dlc based trophies and paying for them which you didn't need to do for the older games as they didn't have dlc trophies/levels in general if I remember well.)

• Like 1