Stormy Ascent (Crash 1 DLC) is now available on PSN

DesmaBR

How do you access this level? I don't see it anywhere on the map?

Just now, JJTEY14 said:

Wonder if the trophy called An Ancient Antiquity refers to beating the level without dying. It is a gold trophy anyway.

The description says "Do hard time" so I'd assume it's the time trial and Crown Jewel trophy is the gem, hopefully just a standard clear gem because a colored gem would be an asshole move.

Just now, BrianMX34 said:

Make sure it's installed, then start the game and boot Crash 1. The camera will show where it is and a message saying "Stormy Ascent is now available" will show up

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BrianMX34 said:

The description says "Do hard time" so I'd assume it's the time trial and Crown Jewel trophy is the gem, hopefully just a standard clear gem because a colored gem would be an asshole move.

Makes sense for it to be a clear gem only, as all the coloured gems are used in the game already in other levels.  But oh boy... I might play this anyway to see what it's like at the very least, even though I didn't want to touch Crash 1 again after so much raging with the game x.x

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Makes sense for it to be a clear gem only, as all the coloured gems are used in the game already in other levels.  But oh boy... I might play this anyway to see what it's like at the very least, even though I didn't want to touch Crash 1 again after so much raging with the game x.x

lol same, normally I'm all for dlc adding trophies but this has to be the one case where I'm like.....why y'all had to add trophies to this? Why couldn't this be a free update with no trophies so I could put Crash 1 behind me....lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Honestly kind of annoyed that it's only free for around a month. I suppose it's better than straight out charging for it, but it's in effect an "early adopter DLC" in lieu of being traditional preorder DLC, which is almost as bad, not as bad, but still not good.

All you have to do is add the DLC to your account and it is yours FOREVER. Not sure why this is something to complain about, you don't even need Crash to add the DLC to your downloads.

1 hour ago, Kazeh54 said:

Think this will be the only dlc? Not sure how many more levels were cut. Nice to know it's a free bee.  Was expecting a few quid

There was another cut level, but I don't think it was even close to being as complete as Stormy Ascent. It was in a completely new level type, outside mountain type thing, but the level barely functions when you try and play it.

Vicarious Visions might try and recreate that one, but I wouldn't count on it. They probably would've included it with this if they were going to since Stormy Ascent has been on the trophy list since day 1.

3 minutes ago, TechHunterPT said:

Compared to the high road, it was not that hard

On my first playthrough i died like 30-40 times.

On my second playthrough i only died 6 times. It's all about timing

Will play it a few more times before attempting the speedrun

Still think it's the hardest Crash level

Just completed it on other account, died 20+ times but most times in the end cause get lazy condition. Wasn't hard as I expected (but getting relic will be pain).

Still think High Road is much crazier (thanks to new engine).

Edited by PlayAsGod
  • Like 1

Got the gem, went from 99 lives down to 71 for it :D

The relic is going to brutal. Why can't they allow checkpoints for them? Having to do it without dying? :( Anybody done it yet? How forgiving are the time requirements, would absolutely hate to actually beat the level without dying only to find I wasn't fast enough.

So just finished this level with both gems. Regular run with all the boxes isn't that bad. You will probably use some lifes but thats just how it is when you gotta learn a new level.

The relic run isn't that bad either. Well I died quite sometimes because i was trying to get the best time possible. With a quite decent run with minimal errors I got the time 3:45:99 which is a gold relic (trophy unlocked). The time requirement for gold relic is 4:30 so you could basicly afford to take your time in sections you struggle with!

anyway, it was a fun challenge and I'm glad they put this in the game?

Edited by Fugl7