Taiko no Tatsujin PS4 English Subtitles for Asia Versions

Taken from Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia's Facebook

"Drum to your heart's content with family, friends, and popular characters!

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Session! will be coming out for the PS4 in English. 

Bundled with an exclusive Taiko Drum Set, the game will include several game modes for users to enjoy. 

With over 70 tunes ranging from latest hits, classics, variety and OST songs, users can play remotely with friends and family in "Friend Session Play" mode, or challenge popular characters and celebrities to a game in "Guest Session Play" mode. 

Plenty of exciting content awaits!

Second Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/07/tai1ko-no-tatsujin-drum-session-ps4-coming-asia-english-2017

English announcement Video:

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 3

How did I miss this news while I was on Gematsu a few minutes ago? :spank:

Nonetheless: Great news to hear that the game will have english subtitles in the asian release. I really enjoyed my time with the Vita-version, even though I suck quite hard at rhythm games. Biggest problem for me is the quest mode as I don't understand the menus and both my Vitas are not on a CFW-capable version.

Will buy it for sure. And if anyone wants to know the confirmed tracks so far:

http://taikotime.blogspot.de/2017/06/taiko-no-tatsujin-session-de-dodon-ga.html

Yay, another DECO*27-tune. :dance: 

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

How did I miss this news while I was on Gematsu a few minutes ago? :spank:

Nonetheless: Great news to hear that the game will have english subtitles in the asian release. I really enjoyed my time with the Vita-version, even though I suck quite hard at rhythm games. Biggest problem for me is the quest mode as I don't understand the menus and both my Vitas are not on a CFW-capable version.

Will buy it for sure. And if anyone wants to know the confirmed tracks so far:

http://taikotime.blogspot.de/2017/06/taiko-no-tatsujin-session-de-dodon-ga.html

Yay, another DECO*27-tune. :dance: 

I was putting the Japanese version on pre-order yesterday but I held off to see if other sites were going to list it (AmiAmi already sold out in under a couple of hours) Nin-Nin and Play-Aisa are around the same price after postage .
Now I am not sure what version to get. I think the English one will be a good option as like you mentioned at times the quest mode on the vita went way over my head, took a lot of trial and error to get all the trophies.

The Idolm@ster Taiko games for the vita were also fun but a slight grind post game to get some of the trophies.

As for the list of songs.... It has pen pineapple apple pen on it.............. Yep sold..... in all seriousness they do a good job covering a wide range of music so I can't wait to play this one.

Edited by fisty123

19 hours ago, chellesan said:

i learnt about this game in yakuza 5, it was in the arcade there and i liked it, so i think i gonna buy the english version to

It is a rather fun game, The Nintendo versions were always good as it had some Nintendo songs.

I played the arcade version when I went to Japan and loved it. If this also comes with a drum, count me in.

I'm assuming this is the version we're looking for: http://www.play-asia.com/taiko-no-tatsujin-drum-session-english-subs/13/70bcor

Funny, I don't see standalone drum controllers up for sale. Sure hope they do eventually come up, I really don't feel like buying two copies of the game just for the drum.

Unless it's just a previously released drum that just so happens to also work with the PS4, in that case, never mind.

Edited by jrdemr

1 hour ago, jrdemr said:

Funny, I don't see standalone drum controllers up for sale. Sure hope they do eventually come up, I really don't feel like buying two copies of the game just for the drum.

So far the only site I have found doing stand alone drum controllers and ship overseas is Nin-Nin-Game
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4-systems-accessories/24294-hori-taiko-no-tatsujin-session-de-dodon-ga-don-drum-drum-stick-controller-for-ps4-ps4-088-ps4--4961818028067.html

The very first announcement of this game said the controller was dedicated design for the PS4 so I assume it will be the only one that will work but I could be wrong

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

So far the only site I have found doing stand alone drum controllers and ship overseas is Nin-Nin-Game
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/ps4-systems-accessories/24294-hori-taiko-no-tatsujin-session-de-dodon-ga-don-drum-drum-stick-controller-for-ps4-ps4-088-ps4--4961818028067.html

The very first announcement of this game said the controller was dedicated design for the PS4 so I assume it will be the only one that will work but I could be wrong

Thanks! But dang, these things are expensive...

Also, I'm assuming the version sold at Nin-Nin Game is the Japanese one and not the Asian one, correct?

Edited by jrdemr

11 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Has there been any confirmation about the game working with the DS4 in the same way you could use the face buttons for V Version? I'd rather play it with an actual controller than a drum controller.

I would assume so, since it is the first game for the PS4 but there's still a version with no drum bundled.

7 hours ago, jrdemr said:

Thanks! But dang, these things are expensive...

Also, I'm assuming the version sold at Nin-Nin Game is the Japanese one and not the Asian one, correct?

You would be correct, I keep holding off putting it on pre order becasue I hope someone else has a listing for the English/Asia version with either a bundle or sells the drum on its self.
But if each version gets their own trophy list I will end up buying both anyway :D

7 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

Has there been any confirmation about the game working with the DS4 in the same way you could use the face buttons for V Version? I'd rather play it with an actual controller than a drum controller.

The drum is more of a fan thing. Similar to Project diva Hori release a controller for it but its not needed.
You can buy the game on its own without the drum so it would be a poor marketing move if the drum was the only controller that would work.

Edited by fisty123

3 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Given its inclusion in Yakuza 5 and how easy it would be to adapt to the English market I'm surprised this series hasn't been released in the west. Maybe they see the failure of uitar Hero and Rock Band as a deterrent? 

Song licencing is probably the biggest reason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Given its inclusion in Yakuza 5 and how easy it would be to adapt to the English market I'm surprised this series hasn't been released in the west. Maybe they see the failure of uitar Hero and Rock Band as a deterrent? 

3 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

Song licencing is probably the biggest reason.

A game on the PS2 was given an English release but it had English pop like Madonna, Britney Spears, Smash Mouth and so on. The staple Japanese music was there but only a small amount. Since this release no other official English release ever made it over.

Edited by fisty123

5 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Were Guitar Hero and Rock Band all that unpopular? Always thought it was fairly well-received.

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

A game on the PS2 was given an English release but it had English pop like Madonna, Britney Spears, Smash Mouth and so on. The staple Japanese music was there but only a small amount. Since this release no other official English release ever made it over.

To be honest, a rhythm game with Western songs doesn't really have much appeal over me. I want that weeby flavor :awesome:

If you can't bring the games over due to licensing issues, then at least make Asian versions with English subtitles. We get the games, they get the money. Win-win.

(They should make this for every game, actually).

5 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Play-Aisa now has a listing up to buy the drum on its own.

Could you please post a link? I can't seem to find it.

Edited by jrdemr

47 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Be warned Its not on the cheap side, but once the Chinese/English version pre-orders are open you can at least save some shipping by putting them together
http://www.play-asia.com/taiko-drum-controller-for-playstation-4/13/70be8h

No wonder I couldn't find it, it doesn't even have the words "Taiko" and "Session" anywhere in the name xD

And yes, not at all cheap :-/

Are the versions with the Chinese subs and the English subs the same (as in, a "general Asian" version)?

Edited by jrdemr

35 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

No wonder I couldn't find it, it doesn't even have the words "Taiko" and "Session" anywhere in the name xD

And yes, not at all cheap :-/

Are the versions with the Chinese subs and the English subs the same (as in, a "general Asian" version)?

From my understanding and going on past titles no.
Normally they have both a Chinese version and then another version for Chinese/English. I could be wrong but looking at Play-Asia at this stage they have Japanese, Chinese , Chinese/English versions listed. However at this stage the Chinese/English version has not opened for pre-orders yet.

• Like 1