Black Hole concurrence

I've been trying for about 5 hours straight and still can't do it.I don't remember it being so hard on ps2.Is it changed in this version? I had some really improbable sequences.For example, one time i did 10 quickenings and they were all level 3! I managed to get to 24 hits and i wasn't able to get my fourth quickening in level 3.I had many sequences like 3-4-4, 4-3-3 or 4-3-4. Is there any combination (characters) that works better? Or i'm just unlucky?On ps2 i was doing black holes without even aiming to

I do believe it has gotten harder based on what other people have said, it doesn't matter who you use it's just luck.

The way I got it was start off with quickening level 3 since they're usually the hardest to get and press a command as soon as it appears since the time is based on how much you used before. Mist charge> level 3> level 2> level 1, even if you just used a level one quickening always get the mist charge and don't think about it since that usually makes people panic/ worry. Also I would recommend if someone just got a mist charge to then use the same person since you know they'll have a move you can use.

I struggled to get it then I was able to get it twice in the same day :facepalm:

Edited by LucileRose

Finally got it.I started with 5 level 3 quickies and barely made it with a sequence of 4-4-5 . I got the last quickie right after a mist charge with 0.11 seconds.Although the tip is to start with a level 3 quickie, i must say that i barely made 12 hits with that method (minimum for black hole).I was getting higher chains when i started with level 2 or 1 quickenings.Also about the level 3 ones being rare, i had a second time where i got 9 in the row (i couldn't get a sinlge level 1 at that sequence).This is very random,they must have changed something.Anyway i'm glad it's over

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icecrasher_zero said:

Black hole needs 4-4-4 

Yes,that's the sequence.To continue,the game is trolling me.After getting the trophy i used quickenings 3 times,one to each of the 3 optional bosses in Nabudis.I got two Black Holes, one with a 14 chain and one with a 25 chain.In the 25 chain, Basch alone did 4-6-5. F* you RNG

• Like 1

I had lots of trouble with this one on ps2, no change on ps4, took me like 30-40 attempts. Prioritise Charges. Ideally, you should start from a place close to a save point, I chose Dalmasca Westersand because of the proximity to the save point  and short distance to respawn, then went right, into the Westersand and wailed first on the bird, then the wolves. So bird (failed), hit the save point, wolves (failed), hit save point and respawn, then back to the bird. Start off with level 3, and smack another level 3 as soon as one appears, you're then left with one character having 3 mist charges and 2 characters needing to recharge, hover over that 1 character's button because it will always be a hit, but if a recharge pops up, hit that instead. This mechanic is all about getting the recharges in fast. If all characters start with 3 bars, you've got three level 3 hits, you need one more so that's 1 full recharge, if you get a great rng for the rest of it, you're still going to need a minimum of 4 more recharges, so 5 recharges in total. Prioritising getting in the hits, I was only getting one or two recharges per fight so was falling well short, but prioritising the recharges means you'll rarely run out of mist.

I didn't even remember how to get a black hole until i discovered that for platinum i have to get them all LOL
 It won't be easy and it's all a matter of luck and attempts. By chance is the only "concurrence" that i'm missing.
 I'll leave here a scheme to help someone trying to figure out how it works 

------------------------------------------------------
Concurrence    -  Quickening Level  -        Amount  -
Inferno        -    Level 1         -       3 Times  -
Cataclysm      -    Level 1         -       8 Times  -
Torrent        -    Level 2         -       3 Times  -
Wind Burst     -    Level 2         -       6 Times  -
Whiteout       -    Level 3         -       5 Times  -
*Ark Blast     -    Level 1/2/3     -    2 Times Each- 
*Luminescence  -    Level 1/2/3     -    3 Times Each-
*Black Hole    -    Level 1/2/3     -    4 Times Each-
Edited by Rose Amicitia
  • Like 2

Yeah, this Black Hole Concurrence is really bullshit. The very last thing I'm missing for my plat. I mean, I'm getting closer, I already had chains of 4-3-4 or 4-4-3, but just now I had a 19 hit chain of 7-1-11!!! I mean, really now, I feel really trolled by the game like this. :P 

Welp, gotta keep going, it'll work sometime...

So, back in my PS2 days, I found that the easiest way to do this was simply to go for as many quickenings as I could, rather than trying to get exactly the right ones. It just took too long for me to distinguish between the appropriate attacks. I remember that if I was getting 15-16 or so, often they would evenly distribute over the necessary amount.

Just a thought for those who are having trouble.

7 minutes ago, ShadowStefan said:

but just now I had a 19 hit chain of 7-1-11!!! I mean, really now, I feel really trolled by the game like this. :P 

Yeah, unfortunately that crap happens a lot, too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ShadowStefan said:

Complaining on the internet always works though. :P Just now I got my 4-5-6 combo and my shiny plat together with it! :D 

128 games, 99.8% completion. That's... impressive! Dedication right there.

I'd love to know what the 0.2% of trophies are that you haven't got!

43 minutes ago, MrDelDante said:

128 games, 99.8% completion. That's... impressive! Dedication right there.

I'd love to know what the 0.2% of trophies are that you haven't got!

Superhard/ supertedious DLC trophies on Need For Speed and No Man's Sky. I might tackle the "Hardcore-Mode go to the center of the galaxy" trophy on No Man's Sky one day, but it takes like 30 hours or more and is super boring and a single mistake can screw everything over.

On 7/24/2017 at 11:26 AM, Rose Amicitia said:

I didn't even remember how to get a black hole until i discovered that for platinum i have to get them all LOL
 It won't be easy and it's all a matter of luck and attempts. By chance is the only "concurrence" that i'm missing.
 I'll leave here a scheme to help someone trying to figure out how it works 

Concurrence    -  Quickening Level  -        Amount  -
Inferno        -    Level 1         -       3 Times  -
Cataclysm      -    Level 1         -       8 Times  -
Torrent        -    Level 2         -       3 Times  -
Wind Burst     -    Level 2         -       6 Times  -
Whiteout       -    Level 3         -       5 Times  -
*Ark Blast     -    Level 1/2/3     -    2 Times Each- 
*Luminescence  -    Level 1/2/3     -    3 Times Each-
*Black Hole    -    Level 1/2/3     -    4 Times Each-

Are you sure these numbers are correct? I got Cataclysm with 6 x level 1.

26 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I got all of them but i can't remember the times i got sorry lol
Sometimes i smash the buttons :P BUT IT CAN be 5,6, or 7 doesn't matter for the last ones you need 2-2-2 ,3-3-3 and 4-4-4

Inferno
final fantasy xii concurrence inferno
Power
Lv 1
Lv2
Lv3
-
-

Cataclysm
final fantasy xii concurrence cataclysm
Power
Lv 1
Lv2
Lv3
-
-

Torrent
final fantasy xii concurrence torrent
Power
Lv 1
Lv2
Lv3
-

Windburst
final fantasy xii concurrence windburst
Power
Lv 1
Lv2
Lv3
-
-

Luminescence
final fantasy xii concurrence luminescence
Power
Lv 1
Lv2
Lv3
-
-

Ark Blast
final fantasy xii concurrence ark blast
Power
Lv 1
Lv2
Lv3

White Out
final fantasy xii concurrence white out
Power
Lv 1
Lv2
Lv3

Black Hole
final fantasy xii concurrence black hole
Power
Lv 1
Lv2
Lv3

Edited by Rose Amicitia

25 minutes ago, Rose Amicitia said:

I got all of them but i can't remember the times i got sorry lol
Sometimes i smash the buttons :P BUT IT CAN be 5,6, or 7 doesn't matter for the last ones you need 2-2-2 ,3-3-3 and 4-4-4

No worries, but thanks for clearing this up. This is the one trophy that will stand between me and the plat. I already hated Quickenings/Concurrences on PS2 and never bothered with Black Hole due to how useless Quickenings are in general compared to a proper gambit setup (especially in the later parts of the game). Throw in the usage of MP, the somewhat random damage and the randomness of getting the correct Quickenings to make them even more useless. Quickenings against Yiazmat? Hell no, that's almost a certain game over for a miniscule amount of damage.

I doubt it changed on PS4, they are quite likely still useless. At least now they no longer consume MP, but I don't see myself using them outside of the requirements for the trophy.

Everything else isn't that bad, the other trophies seem perfectly doable.

8 hours ago, viech54 said:

Those were the original requirements. Made slightly easier in Zodiac via Cataclysm taking 6 level 1s, Windburst 5 level 2s, and Whiteout 4 level 3s.

And for your latter post they can have great use against marks/bosses that put up palings when nearing critical hp as a good enough chain can just finish them off before it happens. For a general thing since its required for a trophy id say just use it on all marks anyways though. Free damage and might save you from grinding it completely.

11 hours ago, viech54 said:

No worries, but thanks for clearing this up. This is the one trophy that will stand between me and the plat. I already hated Quickenings/Concurrences on PS2 and never bothered with Black Hole due to how useless Quickenings are in general compared to a proper gambit setup (especially in the later parts of the game). Throw in the usage of MP, the somewhat random damage and the randomness of getting the correct Quickenings to make them even more useless. Quickenings against Yiazmat? Hell no, that's almost a certain game over for a miniscule amount of damage.

I doubt it changed on PS4, they are quite likely still useless. At least now they no longer consume MP, but I don't see myself using them outside of the requirements for the trophy.

Everything else isn't that bad, the other trophies seem perfectly doable.

And you have a new advantage in ps4: make the game 5x faster which will make the battle against yiazmat "short" :P 

• 9 months later...
On 7/22/2017 at 5:21 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

Yes,that's the sequence.To continue,the game is trolling me.After getting the trophy i used quickenings 3 times,one to each of the 3 optional bosses in Nabudis.I got two Black Holes, one with a 14 chain and one with a 25 chain.In the 25 chain, Basch alone did 4-6-5. F* you RNG

I understand your pain. I have all of the Concurrences on the list except Black Hole. Several times it refused to give me a Mist Charge and then I got 9 Level 1 quickenings. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, Black Hole took me forever to get too.  I remember freaking out about trying to keep track of how many level 1, level 2, etc. Quickenings I still needed to do.  It actually popped when I stopped freaking out about that.  What I mean is, choose a level 3 Quickening at the start and prioritize them if you get them.  If there are no level 3s, then select a Mist Charge.  If you didn't get that, then don't worry about getting a string of level 1 or level 2s.  Every one you pick gives you more than a split second to get a Mist Charge to pop up.  If you get the charge, immediately press that same button again; it might be a much-needed level 3 move again.  Good luck!

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2018 at 9:09 AM, Kaiwan said:

Just reached 22 hits quickening and no black hole zzz

Edit: Got it with 14 hits 1f44d.png

Brother Kaiwan, teach me your secret. Im dying trying to do Lumi, dont even want to think about the pain for black hole.

i spent around 6 hours on this trophy, it was a true pain. i took a break for some senran girls pretty much immediately after. didn't help that by the end i wasn't a big fan of the game. kinda bought into the hype of it being a drastic improvement over the original on gamefaqs. never been a big FF fan, beat all the main ones when i was a kid after 2-3 times of starting from scratch. never really had that issue with other JRPG series back then. i kinda wanted to try getting a bit back into the series with KH3 on the way.