Black Hole concurrence

11 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Brother Kaiwan, teach me your secret. Im dying trying to do Lumi, dont even want to think about the pain for black hole.

Brother Alex, this thing is completely random, once you do this for a while you will easily rack up to 20+ hits, but no trophy of course..

keep on doing it and it will eventually come, it's like it will grant you the chance to get it (but you still need to be quick)

This thing took me whole evening haha - Good luck brother Alex!

Edit: I did this at a map where there is a side mission which you need to arrange a boy and a wolf to go to other side of a river or some sort, just try with the wolves outside the map then go back to the save point to recover the quickening.

Edited by Kaiwan

I agree with the brothers Alex and Kaiwan. Just keep trying to extend your combo, and it will pop up in time. I got both Lumi and Blackhole in the fight against Yiazmat; I was so happy that I split the arena to save, and ended up nearly dying when I returned, since I forgot that the breaks expire when you're gone.

Good luck to Alex.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Just posting how the strategy I used to get mine in less than an hour.

1. start with level 3 quickening
  2. spam the same button for that character that started the level 3 and hope for a mist charge 
  3. if nothing find a level 2 or 1 (prioritize level 2 all the time)
  4. then spam the same button from step 2 hoping for mist charge
  5. if nothing find another level 2 or 1
  6. repeat
  7. the only time I did a level 3 quickening was after a mist charge and getting lucky on the same button

• 3 months later...
On 21/11/2021 at 5:58 AM, Piitakii said:

Just posting how the strategy I used to get mine in less than an hour.

1. start with level 3 quickening
  2. spam the same button for that character that started the level 3 and hope for a mist charge 
  3. if nothing find a level 2 or 1 (prioritize level 2 all the time)
  4. then spam the same button from step 2 hoping for mist charge
  5. if nothing find another level 2 or 1
  6. repeat
  7. the only time I did a level 3 quickening was after a mist charge and getting lucky on the same button

I'll keep this in mind, seems like as good a strategy as any for this mini-game.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This took me about 5-6hrs to finally get a Black Hole. I could never get a chain higher than 16... and even 16's were an extremely rare occurrence for me. So I had to rely on RNG massively. When I did get a Black Hole, it was with a 13 chain, which means my RNG for that attempt was almost perfect. One thing that I felt helped me close in on getting Black Hole was keeping one character as a "fail safe" back up for as long as possible. By that, I mean prioritizing 2 characters as much as possible so I would have the third as a guarantee in a tight spot. With that said, its not a "fix all" solution as RNG will likely be your worst enemy and biggest ally. Hope this helps anyone still struggling with it.

• 4 weeks later...

That's the best explenation on how obtain this trophy.

Basically you don't need to Rely on R2 Shuffle unless You have to, the best way is to spare time, input as fast as u can and using mist charge whenever is possible. 

This way it took me no more than five attempt to get a black hole concurrence.

Start ever with a lv 3, prioritize LV3 and mist charge cuz after that u have a chance to get  better result next turn.

Edited by TenebraZero

• 1 month later...

best and simplest way is to focus on the orange bars. i think they are most visible for eyes when commands appear :) if you see NO orange bars next to name, hit that as fast as you can, its always mist charge. aim always for mist charges and it shouldnt be as hard as it looks at first. focus only on combo, there is no need to do exactly 4,4,4 it can be 6 4 5 or 8 4 4 it doesnt matter. more combo = more chances that you already get minimum 4 4 4. and remember, triangle is top. square middle and x id bottom.

Edited by glonozjad

• 3 weeks later...

I got Black Hole in about an hour. What worked for me was:

• Using Penelo, Ashe, and Balthier. I know people say you can use anyone, but if I had anyone else in my party, I'd routinely only get level 1 or 2. Vaan especially seemed to murder my chances at getting the ones I needed. Maybe he sensed how much I don't care for him.
  • Starting with Penelo's level 2 quickening. By doing this, I always got at least one level 3 straight after hers. Most of the time I'd get two level 3s (Ashe and Balthier's) which would often mean two level 1s from Penelo before I needed to use a mist charge.
  • Remapping the shuffle button from R2 to R1. I don't know why, but on the PS5 it seemed like it took forever for the game to register a shuffle if I used R2. R1 was much faster.
  • I tried the Dalmasca Estersand, but I got mine in the Giza Plains.

Edited by nairilee

• 6 months later...

I can also recommend starting with a level 2 quickening instead of level 3. I found that I would struggle the most to get level 2 quickenings for some reason, so it was best for me to start with that. Mist charges often would result in a level 3 quickening anyway, so it's not something to worry about massively. Prioritize level 2, then level 3 and finally level 1.