Is this game generally glitchy?

I know it's old, but I've only just gotten around to playing this series. I really enjoyed the first two games, and didn't experience any issues aside from some audio and graphical glitches in Sly 2. However, so far, Sly 3 has been insanely frustrating to play. The game has frozen on me twice within an hour when entering a new scene, first time I could just quit back to the XMB, second time it completely froze up my PS3. And then within another half hour, after entering a new scene, I gain a trophy, and the audio appears to be muted. Sly and Bentley stare at each other in what appears to be a cutscene... And nothing happens. The game isn't frozen, they're still blinking and moving, but nothing progresses so I'm forced to quit to the XMB again, except this time it gets stuck on quitting the game and the PS3 restarts with 3 beeps.

This is just really killing my motivation to play this game despite enjoying the last two games. Every time the game has frozen, I've had to re-do the mission I was in all over again.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with this game? The disc is pristine, and I brought it brand new, so I don't think that's the issue. I just started playing this after the other two games which had no issues with freezing whatsoever.

• Like 1

That's odd when i platted all 3 games i had no glitchyness or freezing problems whatsoever. How old is your PS3? The reason i'm asking is because i was playing Trivial Pursuit years ago and it was glitching on me like crazy, i had the same questions in the game pop up multiple times in a row which was very odd. Their was no reports of the game ever glitching, but it turned out my PS3 laser was dying which probably caused those glitches. 

Edited by EternalChaos72
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

That's odd when i platted all 3 games i had no glitchyness or freezing problems whatsoever. How old is your PS3? The reason i'm asking is because i was playing Trivial Pursuit years ago and it was glitching on me like crazy, i had the same questions in the game pop up multiple times in a row which was very odd. Their was no reports of the game ever glitching, but it turned out my PS3 laser was dying which probably caused those glitches. 

It's only about 10 months old, got it back in October 2016 after my first brand new super slim died just after 5 months of owning it, and got a replacement for it from the store since it was still under warranty. I had to get a new PS3 after my original 8 year old fat PS3 died.

I haven't been having too many other issues with it, aside from occasional freezing in some games, but that's an issue I've had with all of my PS3 systems so far. The only other games I can remember freezing for me so far since the start of this year was just once in Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, and several times in Dead Island since I've been replaying that with a friend, but that game always used to freeze quite a bit on my original fat PS3 as well, so I assume that's just an issue with the game itself. I also had one random freeze on the XMB not long after turning the PS3 on about a week ago, thought it was fine after restarting it.

20 hours ago, MMDE said:

PSN version or disc? I had no freezing issues on disc back when I played it many many years ago.

Disc version, brought it brand new.

20 hours ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

I just played all 4 Sly games last year and had no freezing issues with any of the original trilogy. 

The only problem I know that's commom with 3 is that there's crazy slowdown and frame rate issues during the sailing sections in the PS3 version. 

Only other issues I've had on the collection so far were some minor visual bugs in Sly 2 such as Sly's hat disappearing or appearing on his face briefly during some of the cutscenes where he and another character are talking over intercom. Also had an audio issue where the game was just making a constant buzzing noise when I got to the last episode in Sly 2, though quitting back to the title screen and loading the game again fixed that. Had no issues with Sly 1.

Edit: Well, I finished episode 2 and 3 this Saturday without any issues. Hopefully it stays that way. Not sure why I got some freezing during the first episode, but hopefully it was just some one off occurrence, since I do plan to platinum this game.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

• 5 months later...

Even the PS Now version of Sly 3 is extremely glitchy. At least twice the game suddenly muted and then froze, and I'm only on episode 2.

Edit: On episode 4 right now and it's crashed at least once per episode. Clearly not playtested.

Edited by acookieman

On 7/21/2017 at 7:48 PM, ImplyingYouCare said:

I just played all 4 Sly games last year and had no freezing issues with any of the original trilogy. 

The only problem I know that's commom with 3 is that there's crazy slowdown and frame rate issues during the sailing sections in the PS3 version. 

crazy slowdown and frame rate issues during the sailing sections in the PS3 version is so annoying. one of the reasons why i dropped the platinum. although i got for the first 2 games