Happy 25th anniversary, Sonic the Hedgehog!

Alantor32

I wonder if a thread like this is made? If so, can a moderator move it to the appropriate thread?

Anyway, since 1991, Sonic the Hedgehog made his debut in the Sega Genesis and became a gaming icon throughout the years despite negative reviews and backlash, the Blue Blur has remained strong as Sega's mascot and even moved from the now obsolete Sega consoles into the consoles of today like Nintendo and PlayStation. 

He has also appeared in media with his own cartoons and anime as well as a OVA movie.

Despite those who bash him, Sonic has always remain a favorite to those who liked his games. And now he's celebrating his 25th anniversary with two new games: Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces for the PS4 and other consoles.

So happy 25th anniversary, Sonic! May you continue to fight the evil Dr. Eggman and protecting the 7 Chaos Emeralds for all time!

Sonic was one of the first game franchises I got into, and I hold a lot of nostalgia for the series. I really enjoyed the first 3 2D Sonic games, as well as the two Adventure titles. I played most of the Sonic games available to me at the time, including the GBA Sonic games, which weren't great, but still enjoyable. After Sonic Heroes though, I felt like the series was starting to go downhill. When the Sonic the Hedgehog reboot game released in 2005-2006, I ended up dropping it very early on, and kinda just dropped the series along with it.

Sonic Generations renewed my love for the series though, and Sonic 4, while not perfect, were very enjoyable as well. I can't say I've been thrilled about games such as Lost World and Sonic Boom though. Sonic Mania is definitely something I'm really hyped for though, and I'm hoping Forces will be another good Sonic adventure.

Sonic has really been one of those series that's been a roller coaster in terms of its good, and less good games over the years, but it'll always be one the game series I hold dearly.