How to get level 50 trophy?

55 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Ummm... I remember a guy who had the same problem because he did in online mode, are you did the same?

No. When I selected continue from the main menu after installing the second chapter DLC, it gave me the option to level up my characters to level 80. So do I have to gain a level manually in order to unlock the Ultimate Swordsman trophy?

21 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

Yeah, but I think the lvl max is 99 

Ok. So if I were to reach level 81 now, will that unlock the Ultimate Swordsman trophy? I may have to make a thread about if installing the Abyss DLC will make trophies missable later.

2 hours ago, MMX20 said:

Ok. So if I were to reach level 81 now, will that unlock the Ultimate Swordsman trophy? I may have to make a thread about if installing the Abyss DLC will make trophies missable later.

Yeah because I dont think you will get the trophy because the game give you 80 free lvl. If you don't get the trophy 2, 5 lvl later, maybe is good choice start a new game without dlc level. 

Ah, you used the free level up of the DLC and the trophy didn't pop... that's really bad. I never before heard of anyone testing it, everyone I knew already had the trophy (or all trophies) before starting the Shrine Maiden DLC. I would assume the trophy is glitched now. It might be that the trophy pops whenever you reach 50 levels that you farmed by your own. Let's say you were level 30 when you used the free level up, then the trophy might pop at level 100 for you now, since by then you would've leveled overall 50 levels by yourself. But really, that's all I can come up with...

I think the best option would be to enjoy the game until you've done everything you want (the DLC's add a looooot of stuff that isn't relevant for trophies) and see if you have your level 50 trophy by then. If not, start a new file and do nothing but power-farming.

EDIT:

I will add this to my "DLC and trophies" thread, if anyone stumbles across it.

Edited by ShadowStefan

• 2 years later...

Just found out(ended up laughing a lot about it), it does not matter if you start at LV 1 or LV 80, It just pops at the first level up instead of LV 50 like it did with me.

e52e98186a7b88480a501167f179faa115898435

Looking at the comments for the guide, it looks like I was not the only one who had a said "Bugged" Trophy pop at LV 81 then starting at LV 80 so the last DLC that added Alice and the finale must have fixed it. Well hopefully now no one that starts at LV 80 won't feel they have start over due to saying yes to the LV 80 Boost.

Edited by Leon Castle