The Walking Dead The Final Season?

Honestly glad. I enjoy the shit out of the first three and would love for it to keep going and going, but also, I replayed the first 2 recently and it's definitely not as good the millionth time through. I think the first time with these games, they're pretty great, but then that fades and you realize they're pretty average. I'm glad they're wrapping it before it gets too dragged out and out of hand honestly. Hoping Clem gets a worthy end.

• Like 1

I'm glad the story will get a conclusion (or conclusions) but I feel season 3 was kind of a waste by sidelining Clementine. It really felt like a spin-off and even then I was a bit letdown by it. I just hope this last season makes up for it. It's a lot to ask for what I want it to match the greatness of the first season that got me so into this series.

Good decision to end it with Season 4. I hope they're gonna show Clementine as an old Lady in Episode 5, as she is talking to her children and grandchildren, while lying on her deathbed (similar ending as in the tv series "Six Feet Under"). She is telling them stories about the walkers, Lee, Kenny, Javier, AJ, how years later a cure was found and everyhing went back to normal.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Honestly glad. I enjoy the shit out of the first three and would love for it to keep going and going, but also, I replayed the first 2 recently and it's definitely not as good the millionth time through. I think the first time with these games, they're pretty great, but then that fades and you realize they're pretty average. I'm glad they're wrapping it before it gets too dragged out and out of hand honestly. Hoping Clem gets a worthy end.

This. Although I never cared much for Season 2, I used to rank Season 1 among the best story-based games of all-time. But looking back on it, it's definitely lost some of its lustre. Compared to The Wolf Among Us, which I recently replayed and probably enjoyed even more the second time round, TWD is probably weaker, partly because it depends so much on an emotional impact that diminishes after you've seen it for the first time. High drama can be great, but it's got a shelf life. 

As for Season 4, I've actually yet to play the third one, partly because Season 2 was so forgettable for me. But it's on the list.

Edited by TheArcadeKid

On 7/22/2017 at 1:15 PM, TheArcadeKid said:

This. Although I never cared much for Season 2, I used to rank Season 1 among the best story-based games of all-time.

A lot of people seem to say this. I loved Season 2 personally.

But anyway, I'm happy for the final season treatment. Let's face it - shows (and games) without visible terminal points start to get harebrained and ridiculous. The best always know when to step off the stage.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

A lot of people seem to say this. I loved Season 2 personally.

I am with you. I loved season 2 but I think it was because of the decisions I made. I asked my brother and he said his ending wasn't very good while I thought mine was amazing. I think the ending you got determines how you looked back at the game. 

48 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I loved Season 2 personally.

So did I. It was amazing story wise and the ending I got with Clementine and AJ being left at Wellington and Kenny walking off into the sunset like a bad ass...it was just as emotional as having to shoot Lee at the end of season 1. 

I didn't realize the next season would be the last. I feel like the general consensus is the series is losing it's momentum as each series is released so it's probably for the best. I can't wait to see how it ends. The worst part for me is avoiding spoilers as each new episode is released because I wait until the entire season is available before I buy it. I'm not really a fan of releasing an episode at a time. 

6 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I think that's the real key - did you like Kenny? He was my favorite character, and my endings (both times I played) involved him heavily. 

Kenny is one of the best characters I've ever followed in a video game. So you can imagine how pissed I got when Telltale pulled that thing off in Season 3...

• Like 1

In my opinion, The Walking Dead is one of Telltale's best game series. I've really enjoyed all three seasons. Having said that, I'm glad that they've decided to make season 4 the last one. It's better to end it before it starts going downhill in terms of quality and they run out of ideas. And no, I don't think that has happened yet, despite some people's mixed feelings about season 2 and 3.

2 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

Kenny is one of the best characters I've ever followed in a video game. So you can imagine how pissed I got when Telltale pulled that thing off in Season 3...

Spoiler

I agree that the way he went out was pretty dumb. I mean he's been with us since the start of season 1 and that's all we get? Still, I knew he was going to be killed off early, or at least not play any major role in season 3 ever since finishing season 2 because he can die depending on the choices you make. It would be a huge waste of resources otherwise considering how many people would never see him in season 3 anyway. So yeah, I did expect something like that, but they could have definitely handled it better.

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

In my opinion, The Walking Dead is one of Telltale's best game series. I've really enjoyed all three seasons. Having said that, I'm glad that they've decided to make season 4 the last one. It's better to end it before it starts going downhill in terms of quality and they run out of ideas. And no, I don't think that has happened yet, despite some people's mixed feelings about season 2 and 3.

Hide contents

I agree that the way he went out was pretty dumb. I mean he's been with us since the start of season 1 and that's all we get? Still, I knew he was going to be killed off early, or at least not play any major role in season 3 ever since finishing season 2 because he can die depending on the choices you make. It would be a huge waste of resources otherwise considering how many people would never see him in season 3 anyway. So yeah, I did expect something like that, but they could have definitely handled it better.

Spoiler

How did Kenny die? I made sure that jerk died in S2. Wondered how they handled his death in S3...

8 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

How did Kenny die? I made sure that jerk died in S2. Wondered how they handled his death in S3...

Spoiler

All you get is a flashback. Basically, you get into a car accident with him and then he's eaten by zombies; there's nothing you can do. It just felt kind of cheap.

Here's a video if you're interested:

19 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Hide contents

All you get is a flashback. Basically, you get into a car accident with him and then he's eaten by zombies; there's nothing you can do. It just felt kind of cheap.

Here's a video if you're interested:

Spoiler

Yeah, that definitely is a bit of a bummer. With him dying one way or another, I'm glad I killed him at the end of season 2. At least that way his death had more narrative attention. 

On another note, that car accident death is still better than what those of us who went for Jane got... Her flash back was just... oh man it was awful.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad it's gonna be over soon, if things drag on for too long they lose their magic. (Just look at TWD show.) Clem is great so I will admit that I'm really worried about how this season will end.

I'm also excited for the potential of a complete edition so I can buy it all in one go lol.