Beam Me Up

Empovyle

This trophy is a huge pain on Vita at least for me. I have a stack of 64 dirt blocks, and i build a pillar straight up for all of those blocks, then I throw an ender pearl. Half of the time the ender pearl glitches out in the air and never lands. Other times it lands way under the 100 block distance I need for the trophy. Am I doing something wrong? The way the game renders the world I'm playing in makes the rendered distance tiny which is why I think this is happening. When I stand on top of that 64 block pillar there's a very clear outline between the void and the currently visible world. How am I supposed to get this trophy when 100 blocks out is into the void where the ender pearls will never land?

8 minutes ago, LucileRose said:

If the vita has the same tutorial world as the PS4 I would recommend just looking up a video on YouTube, it's the easiest way to get it. 

Fortunately the tutorial world is the same, I'm doing the same tactic as most guides on youtube but on vita specifically the render distance is abysmal in all the worlds I've tried, so throwing a pearl out isn't working for me because 100 blocks is too far away. I'm not a minecraft expert by any means so I have no idea what else to do to either improve the render distance or somehow make the ender pearls land outside of bounds.

Here's a quick screenshot of what I'm talking about.

U58FN39.jpg

Edited by Empovyle
screenshot added

Just now, LucileRose said:

If you built a tower in the corner of the image you're showing would the same area be there or would it start to load in the area around you? I've never played the vita version so I'm unsure.

The box just moves around depending on where you're standing, from what I've noticed.

So I believe I found the reason for why this wasn't working. There's a random bug where the game won't save data when 'save game' is selected which is noticeable when the save icon doesn't show up after pressing save, even after repeated attempts. This also seems to have a correlation to when the ender pearls spaz out midair. Going back into the menu after this caused a crash and upon reopening Minecraft the ender pearls started to land outside of the render boundaries. I had to restart the game several times until it finally worked. So in case anyone else has this problem, just restart the game a bunch until you can save your file again or until you can throw ender pearls right. Sorry for such a quick conclusion ? My install of the game may be a bit wonky for sure.

• Like 1