Question about vita and stuff

AlchemistWer

Hi there, I will change my old ps vita for a new vita 2000 and I would like to know couple of thing:

- First: I dont want have problems so if I put my memory in other vita and log my account I will continue with my progress wich each digital games and physical.?

- Second: Trophies. I know the trophies are only with accounts and not with system (PS3, vita....) so, if I log my account in other system i must log out in the old vita? Because I dont want problems with my trophies and of course with Psnprofile.

- Third: If I need just 1, 2, 3 trophies for platinum, Can I continue with the new system?

I know the question are a little "rookie" but since  became a trophy hunter I m very careful with my progress.

Yes, to questions 1 and 3.  No for the second.  You shouldn't have any problems with your progress, but just back up your saves in the content manager/cloud, just in case.  Your trophies shouldn't be affected, but just sync on your old system, just in case, and you can continue on your new system.  Speaking of new systems, I need to get a new Vita myself.  Fortunately, I have a PS TV to play on.

17 hours ago, AlchemistWer said:

I see, perfect thanks both of them!

Careful with transferring the savedata to PS3 and PC!

You cannot just transfer the SAVEDATA like you do in PS3 and PS4, you must copy the whole game with the DLCs and updates. It's a pain and it takes time.

Do it always with the USB, you can transfer data via Wi-Fi, but it's always better to do it with the USB.

Also, remember to use only the official content manager, here is the link to the official PS page:

http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/win/en/

You can find more info in the same page if you have more questions.

And remember to deactivate your account from an old system if you plan to sell it or if you do not plan to use it anymore.

jst06hf.png

Enjoy your new Vita.

Edited by Katt

1 hour ago, Katt said:

Careful with transferring the savedata to PS3 and PC!

You cannot just transfer the SAVEDATA like you do in PS3 and PS4, you must copy the whole game with the DLCs and updates. It's a pain and it takes time.

Do it always with the USB, you can transfer data via Wi-Fi, but it's always better to do it with the USB.

Also, remember to use only the official content manager, here is the link to the official PS page:

http://cma.dl.playstation.net/cma/win/en/

You can find more info in the same page if you have more questions.

And remember to deactivate your account from an old system if you plan to sell it or if you do not plan to use it anymore.

jst06hf.png

Enjoy your new Vita.

But is necessary do it if I put my memory in the other system?

40 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

According to some people on the internets it should be enough to insert the old memory card into the new Vita and signing in with your PSN ID. But better safe than sorry so I'd recommend making a backup of the system to a PC first in any case.

EDIT: I had already forgotten I actually used an old memory card in a new imported Vita and it worked in the simple way of just inserting the memory card. On the first system startup I got some weird error though and thought the memory card didn't work without formatting in the new Vita, but I think I got it sorted out by doing a database rebuild which fixed the issue.

This is the guide I followed: http://www.leviathyn.com/2012/11/26/transferring-data-from-an-old-vita-to-a-new-vita-or-memory-card-is-extremely-easy/

Edited by Eyjabria

36 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

The main purpose of deactivating is to overcome the console limit. Right now it's at 3 maximum activated systems I think, for PSP/Vita/PSTV. So if you had another one of those activated, and then had to replace your new Vita at some point in the future, you wouldn't be able to activate the new one without deactivating another system. In the event you need to deactivate a console you no longer have, there is a way to deactivate ALL PS consoles (including PS3 and PS4), but since you have to reactivate any consoles you still use, it's a pain. I'd go ahead with the deactivation of that Vita if it were me. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

The main purpose of deactivating is to overcome the console limit. Right now it's at 3 maximum activated systems I think, for PSP/Vita/PSTV. So if you had another one of those activated, and then had to replace your new Vita at some point in the future, you wouldn't be able to activate the new one without deactivating another system. In the event you need to deactivate a console you no longer have, there is a way to deactivate ALL PS consoles (including PS3 and PS4), but since you have to reactivate any consoles you still use, it's a pain. I'd go ahead with the deactivation of that Vita if it were me. 

Exactly I was thinking log out in the old vita anyway, my main preocupation is avoid problem because I always see dispute with people for sync old/new console, I dont know if they say that like a excuse for used hack.

Edited by AlchemistWer

Log out and deactivate your account from a system is not the same, so if you overcome the limit of systems activated at the same time, you could have some issues with your digital content.

Why do I need to deactivate a device?

The number of devices that can be activated on your account is limited for each type of content. You will not be able to activate another device if you reach the maximum allowed for a type of content. 

For example, if you have two PlayStation 3 systems activated for games content, you cannot sign-in on a third system with your PlayStation Network account information and download and play a game. You would need to deactivate one of the first two PlayStation 3 systems to allow you to activate the third.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/my-account/device-activation-deactivation/about-device-deactivation/

So, it is always advisable to disable an account on a device that you do not plan to use any more.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Katt said:

Log out and deactivate your account from a system is not the same, so if you overcome the limit of systems activated at the same time, you could have some issues with your digital content.

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/my-account/device-activation-deactivation/about-device-deactivation/

So, it is always advisable to disable an account on a device that you do not plan to use any more.

Nice, thanks again for your polite help.

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

Nice, thanks again for your polite help.

Well if it helps ease your mind: I have 2 Vitas and one PS TV all activated. I can sync from any one of them and the others will get those changes. But you have to log in to PSN each time you switch Vitas. 

What you can do in your case, if you're keeping the old Vita for now, is this:  

1. Go to the Trophies application, sync your trophies completely (if you have a PS4 or PS3 you can check Trophies there to make sure it shows your latest Vita trophies). Mine usually syncs from just having the application over, but if you switch to the second tab, it should force a sync. 

2. Use Content Manager (and Content Manager Assistant on a computer) to copy all your Vita games over. Savegames on gamecards will be fine but I think you can copy them as well. 

3. Activate the new Vita, and go to the Trophies application and sync. Make sure the Vita trophies are current with the old Vita. 

4. Put the memory card in your new Vita, and see if your games are present and working. If so, you should not need to copy back over from your computer. 

5. Once you are satisfied that the new Vita is working, go back to your old Vita and deactivate it. 

45 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Well if it helps ease your mind: I have 2 Vitas and one PS TV all activated. I can sync from any one of them and the others will get those changes. But you have to log in to PSN each time you switch Vitas. 

What you can do in your case, if you're keeping the old Vita for now, is this:  

1. Go to the Trophies application, sync your trophies completely (if you have a PS4 or PS3 you can check Trophies there to make sure it shows your latest Vita trophies). Mine usually syncs from just having the application over, but if you switch to the second tab, it should force a sync. 

2. Use Content Manager (and Content Manager Assistant on a computer) to copy all your Vita games over. Savegames on gamecards will be fine but I think you can copy them as well. 

3. Activate the new Vita, and go to the Trophies application and sync. Make sure the Vita trophies are current with the old Vita. 

4. Put the memory card in your new Vita, and see if your games are present and working. If so, you should not need to copy back over from your computer. 

5. Once you are satisfied that the new Vita is working, go back to your old Vita and deactivate it. 

Ok I will do it ty again! (;