Trophy shame?

So I was recently discussing trophies with someone and they are ashamed of some of the platinums they have... Is this actually a thing? Quite a few of my platinums came from "kids" games or simple ones... And I wouldn't boast them as my crowning achievements but I certainly wouldn't say I'm ashamed... Your thoughts?

I take it that this is a common thing then? I've been on psn for 9 years now... Collecting trophies and I don't think I've ever been embarrassed by a trophy on there... I've just never heard of this... Im with you if you're afraid what people will think don't play or use a different account

• Like 1

In the threads referred to above people have had the opposite opinion asking if trophy hunters are getting lazy or otherwise shaming people for their trophies. Most people seemed to luckily think that everyone should do their own thing but an alarming number of people think that other people should only have the games on their trophy list that they deem "worthy". 

I myself have gotten a handful of hate messages on PSN from trophy hunters of this very site telling me I should be ashamed of my easy games, my trophy list is cringeworthy and nice things like that. It went on to the point where I actually had to block them because ignoring them still made them send one message after the other. 

It's the main reason why I'm not going to be active on this site any longer and one of the reasons I'm switching to Xbox and keep away from achievement hunting there. 

• Like 4

Everyone should just do their own thing, if it doesn't affect you then don't judge or make a comment..simple. It just seems people think they are above other people because they have a certain game on their list. How easy a platinum shouldn't take away the fact that it is still a platinum and still worth the exact same amount of points of a platinum of a game that takes 100+ hours to achieve

• Like 1

Trophies are different things to different people and that's the way it should be.

Some people want hard plats, some people want as many plats as possible, some people just plat what they love. No matter what games they use to achieve those goals doesn't matter since they're all ultimately doing the same thing, working towards what they enjoy.

• Like 3

I only play games that i like, it doesnt matter to me who says what, if other people start complaining i just wouldnt care less, its my trophy list. 

I actually dont know why people could get angry over just a bunch of trophies of other people

Honestly, the last thing you should care about is whatever other people think of the trophies you have. There's no such thing as shame about earning any trophies or plats you want to, whether they're hard, easy, grind-ish, MP ones or anything else, as long as you earn them legitimately. Ignore them and keep playing anything you like and have fun with - simple as that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingGuy420 said:

Trophies are different things to different people and that's the way it should be.

Some people want hard plats, some people want as many plats as possible, some people just plat what they love. No matter what games they use to achieve those goals doesn't matter since they're all ultimately doing the same thing, working towards what they enjoy.

You Said Everything I Want To Say ?

• Like 1

Play the games you want to play for the reasons you want to play them (which I learned from this site can be other reasons than fun). Watch the movies you want to watch, not those someone thinks you should watch. Get the job you want, not the job someone thinks you should have. Date the person you want to date, not who someone thinks you should. Obide tha law (because there are boundaries to attiude).

My favorite flavor of ice cream is vanilla. No shame in that.

• Like 1

i am only play games where i think or know that can be make fun. Never would buy or play games for easy trophies or platinum. I buy a game, look for a

trophy guide and start to hunt. Would i look on the trophy list before i buy it, its possible that i dont play cause i see the trophies too hard.

I'm definitely not embarassed of liking the stuff I like. To each his own.

You know those games with trophies awarded not for success but for failure though? Like "die X times" and the like? I kinda tell people online I knew about it all along and was just getting it out of the way, usually with tears streaming down my stupid, incompetent face. ?

• Like 3