If You Could Add a Platinum Trophy to Any 100% Only Title, What Game Would You Choose?

Lawless_Llama

Simple question, I know, but I think it is an interesting topic given the amount of time required to earn every single trophy in some games. At other times, the platinum trophy might be a reminder of the good times that we had with a game, or the hallmark of an achievement of fully completing a hard title without the satisfaction of digital bling. So, what game do you feel deserves a platinum trophy in your collection?

For me, personally, I feel like ABZU should have a platinum trophy to not only remind me of the beauty of the game and my enjoyment through my time spent with it, but also because finding all the shells and hidden pools could easily be missed by more casual gamers who are following the set path and not looking around the environment in full. It would be a more common platinum, but a well deserved one nonetheless to remind us of a stellar title. 

The recent HITMAN title in its full release form should also have a platinum trophy although I realize that it would be impossible to integrate given the episodic nature of the game at first and the lack of an all-encompassing trophy list for each episode. However, it would be a reward for those who have spent hours mastering each level and completing the different opportunities in each area.  

Edited by Lawless_Llama
Clarification
  • Like 3

Hitman, I'm really surprised it didn't get a plat at all. I think it's a shame considering we have other games like My Name Is Mayo that do have plats and yet this doesn't.

Same with Trials: Fusion, that definitely deserves a plat purely for how hard it is, being only a 100% doesn't do it justice.

• Like 2

I haven't really played any that have made me think that they deserved a platinum to be honest apart from the Sonic Adventure games, so I'll go with those (2 in particular). On the contrary I play games that make me think "why does this have a platinum?" more often lol.

• Like 1

Out of the games I own, Sonic the Hedgehog. I would've loved a speedrun trophy for every single stage. There is a trophy for speedrunning Green Hill Act 1, Marble Zone Act 1, and for finishing the game in under forty minutes which are all extremely generous. So basically a harsher time limit for the entire game (say thirty minutes) which would be reflected in each stage. 

I didn't even know it was on the PS Store until I came across it randomly and I immediately jumped on here for the trophy list. I was hoping one of the most iconic games of all time would've been given a challenging platinum so I was kinda disappointed. I know it's a stretch for a thirty minute game to have a platinum but still, they could've made all the hypothetical speedrun trophies a silver to make up the points :shakefist: 

• Like 1

I agree that the newest Hitman game should definitely have a platinum, also 2 games that I have the 100% for and I think deserve a platinum (especially because they both have a trophy that acts like a platinum but isn't one) are Entwined and Blacklight Retribution, Entwined might be on the shorter side but I think it's a great game and with how tough the challenge mode trophies are (which could easily be gold trophies) I think that's enough to warrant a platinum :)

shaneyboy619.png

• Like 1

A few come to mind... Plants vs Zombies, inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood, Walking Dead: Season 2...

1 hour ago, XShadowNebula01 said:

I believe that Resident Evil 4 deserves a plat, along with some more trophies.

1 hour ago, LucileRose said:

Resident Evil 4, if mayo can have a platinum this should definitely have one.

Wait, Resident Evil 4 doesn't have a Platinum?! :blink: Blasphemy! :shakefist: My vote goes for that as well.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Masamune said:

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood

It's a fun DLC for inFamous 2, but i don't think it needs it's own platinum trophy tbh.

I agree with previously mentioned titles like Resident Evil 4The Walking Dead: Season 2, Journey and Hitman

I would give The Warriors and Outlast also a platinum trophy.

And I would like to add that Firewatch in it's current form doesn't need it, but I do think the game absolutely deserves more content. And eventually maybe a platinum trophy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

I haven't really played any that have made me think that they deserved a platinum to be honest apart from the Sonic Adventure games, so I'll go with those (2 in particular). On the contrary I play games that make me think "why does this have a platinum?" more often lol.

I feel you in that respect haha 

16 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, one that came immediately to my mind was Disney afternoon collection. Those little jewels deserved a platinum :/

I definitely agree with this, I remember reading through the trophy lists and seeing some that would warrant a platinum if all of them were to be achieved ?

7 minutes ago, markcavan said:

Stealth Inc & Stealth Inc 2.  Two excellent under-rated games IMO with excellent level design.  

I also felt Primal (PS2 reboot now on PS4) deserved a platinum but if I had to pick one it would be Stealth Inc.

Im glad you brought up the Stealth Inc games as well, those gems were very difficult but special in the terms of their level design like you mentioned and little details such as introducing new gameplay mechanics at a good pace.

5 minutes ago, Cellcrash1991 said:

It's a fun DLC for inFamous 2, but i don't think it needs it's own platinum trophy tbh.

I agree with previously mentioned titles like Resident Evil 4The Walking Dead: Season 2, Journey and Hitman

I would give The Warriors and Outlast also a platinum trophy.

And I would like to add that Firewatch in it's current form doesn't need it, but I do think the game absolutely deserves more content. And eventually maybe a platinum trophy.

Outlast for sure!!!

Resident Evil 4

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Street Fighter 3 online

Virtua Fighter 2 

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

King of Fighters 2000

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection 

Mostly because they are part of series. If Soul Caliber 2 can have a full trophy set with platinum why not these.

Edited by chimpdaddy00