If You Could Add a Platinum Trophy to Any 100% Only Title, What Game Would You Choose?

Lawless_Llama

I can't pick just one. There's quite a few that I feel really deserve a plat. Like:

Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds - This includes both versions of the game. It requires a lot of grinding, and at least 5 playthroughs, given you've got the two DLC packs. I've done plat games in less time, with significantly less effort.

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage - Sure, it's not a full Kingdom Hearts game, but there's plenty to do that I feel would warrant a plat. I've played considerably quicker and easier plats, so I feel like this deserves one as well.

Basically Every Game/Collection Ported From Another Console - More specifically, games like, NiGHTS Into Dreams, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Jet Set Radio, Resident Evil 4, Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition, Marvel vs Capcom Origins, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Mega Man Legacy Collection, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, and Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, among many others I'm sure. It's just baffling to me that full games don't get plats, just because they're ports. There's plenty of content, and many of the trophy lists require that you 100% these games, and that's quite a feat, especially for older games. There's really no reason they shouldn't have plats, and I will never understand why certain ports get them, while others don't.

Really though, what I don't get, is that if games where you can skip everything, doing literally nothing, can get a plat, I don't see why there's so many games that don't have them. It seems really arbitrary distinction. I feel like either every game should have a plat, or there should be set rules for whether a game gets a plat or not.

• Like 1

It's hard to pick only one, but I choose Spelunky since it is a very replayable game that I still play. "Speedlunky" must have been a gold trophy. The developers can add a lot of trophies, like the ones Xbox users got. Also they can add trophies like beat the game using only bombs and ropes, it's tough but I've done that a few times. They can add a trophy for beating the boss of the secret world with a single hit too, which means you'll have to pick up a certain weapon to be able to do that. Another cool trophy would be to ghost run three or more vaults in a single run as well. Another cool one would be to reach 99 hearts (health). There are many potential trophies.

Honorable mentions:

Resident Evil 4

Red Dead Revolver

Max Payne

Outlast

Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark

Stealth Inc 2:  A Game of Clones

PD: I read that HITMAN (PS4) is going to have a platinum trophy, at least the physical version.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

I would definitely add a Platinum trophy to Escape Plan (Vita) because the game is really hard to 100% imo (mainly because of the bad touchscreen controls).

I think that Hitman should have a Platinum trophy too but I don't mind it not having a plat because the structure of the game is not that common but I hope they add a Plat for season 2.

Every game without a platinum.

It should be illegal to make a game without a platinum trophy.

I don't care about PlayStation regulations. This must be done in the near future.

From games I've played that didn't have a platinum, I would have to say Tekken Revolution. It would have been interesting to see more of a trophy list and a platinum trophy.

I also agree that Hitman should have had a platinum. I actually realized it didn't have one until after I already bought it. Still going to get around to playing it though. I was just a little surprised. I did not think I would have to check to see if it had a platinum trophy considering the past Hitman games. 

Resident Evil 4 is a must. Since I've already played it before, I see no reason why I should get the PS4 version. But if it had a plat, I would actually consider getting it. The same can be said for Max Payne too.

Also, The Walking Dead Season 2 has no plat, yet every 5+ episode Telltale game after Walking Dead Season 1 had a plat.

The new Hitman game doesn't have a platinum. It should be a rule to have a platinum trophy in every single retail game. Episodic release is not an excuse, since Telltale's able to manage just fine.

Edited by GoldenDevilGamer

Mega Man Legacy Collection. It's the only non platinum I have that took a good amount of skill and effort to beat. Spent a lot of hours on getting Gold on at least 50 challenges (there are 54 total), it sucks it doesn't have a platinum for the work you put into it. 

Mega Man 10 deserves a platinum as well since I heard that is even more difficult. 

21 hours ago, GoldenDevilGamer said:

The new Hitman game doesn't have a platinum. It should be a rule to have a platinum trophy in every single retail game. Episodic release is not an excuse, since Telltale's able to manage just fine.

while this is true, telltales trophies is pretty straight forward and therefor easier to plan for. I agree that Hitman should have a platinum, but it's probably a little bit harder to do since they arent finished with some levels and don't completely know what each level is going to contain.

Other games I've liked to see getting or had a platinum is Ape Escape 2, Outlast and Battlefield 1943. 

• Like 1