What is the average length of a mission?

Wavergray

It depends on many factors, you often run into people farming or doing other things and ignoring the mission objectives. So this could be a painful trophy but on average I would say 30 minutes. I think the other trophies are really bad too, 10,000 survivors? On average you find 2-5 per mission and it's often a chore seeking them out, they have survivor missions but it's more or less the same. The highest I have seen in one match is 15 survivors. There are no in-game trackers for any of the trophies so it's really hard to say. The trophies right now appear to be extremely grindy and tedious and boring. If it's truly 15 max per mission, that's thousands of missions you need to finish. It really should be 1000 at best not 10,000.

The other question is...If a teammate finds a survivor, does it go into YOUR tally? If your teammate has explored all the map, do you get the credit? I wish there was a counter to show you your progress.

I think average mission is 15 minutes IMHO at this point. If you're trying to find everything each match, maybe 20 to 25? 

You're going to have to do 1,000 missions of "Play with Others", which are separate from the campaign. So you're probably going to knock out a huge chunk of survivors, garden gnomes, map exploration while you're grinding at that. 

It will be a grind and a half, so I would say if you're already tentative, you should probably steer clear. It might be hundreds of hours for that plat. 

I think if the game is going to have a great deal of longevity (with frequent updates and events), this might not be a big issue. 

Edited by baypoo
clarification
  • Like 1

That's true, one way we could ascertain this info is asking an Xbox Player. Xbox One has a very cool console based tracker that reveals insight since the game currently lacks one. I'm curious if those Survivor notices you get during the loot screen (Polaroid pics) also count. If you have to explore/save yourself, wow that's gonna be a nightmare. 

This may be total speculation but I think they do count regardless of where you are on the map. During a mission when any survivors are saved look in your inventory, there will be a stack of an item representing the number of people saved. It looks like when someone doesn't put an avatar on their profile. Many times I have been far away from someone saved and still got a card for that survivor. That may be wrong but that's my theory.

7 hours ago, Valde_zerocool said:

This may be total speculation but I think they do count regardless of where you are on the map. During a mission when any survivors are saved look in your inventory, there will be a stack of an item representing the number of people saved. It looks like when someone doesn't put an avatar on their profile. Many times I have been far away from someone saved and still got a card for that survivor. That may be wrong but that's my theory.

Other people saving survivors counts toward quest progress as well. So, in theory, that could indicate it counts as you finding them.

Everything your teammates whack or save counts towards your trophies so it's not that bad actually, I noticed Garden Dwarfs counts from someone else whacking one as I had a Daily quest where I had to find 3 in Total and Someone else whacked one and I got 2/3. The trophies takes time but they are not that bad and they do share them in a sense and that is a big relief.

Survivors, Dwarfs, Buildings, Explore, Mist Monsters, Quests are all collected together as a single unit so you could in theory get boosted to the Platinum while just sitting at base.

So far I like the game alot, been playing it mostly alone as none of my friends dare to try it. I'm at end of Plankton and it's getting ludicrous hard to finish missions, until I got a Legendary trap (Knock up) that had -50% Cooldown, literately broken trap. But still If you fail a mission you will not get any credit for some trophy related things like Survivors and Quests (Think Chests and Dwarfs still count) so failing a mission is worse then anything as you have just waisted 20 mins.

Edited by NightRusticDawn
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...

Yikes, it takes around 8 to 10 sometimes even 20 minutes. Randoms for some reason do not want to help vote the objective, so you're probably going to have to wait another 15 minutes till it auto starts on one vote. Literally in one hour you will be able to finish less than 10 missions since most of the missions just want you to defend the Atlas for a huge amount of time, the only good thing about these trophies is that you can do them all in Stonewood, but that's where most people want to trade in which sucks since they will not help with the objective at all. Destroy the encampments is by far the fastest mission as it ends the entire mission once you destroy all the encampments and for once you do the mission objective without voting.

Edited by Kimura Takahashi
  • Like 1