Catherine golden child trophy

SSheepGuy

If watching videos doesn't help you, the only thing I can think of suggesting is memorization and muscle memory from doing it over and over and over again.

I'd also suggest doing it from the bar and its option to replay levels an infinite number of times.  Not only won't you have to worry about running out of lives (or collecting the odd extra life on the stages), but you can pick and choose stages and do them in whatever order you please.

Personally, I'd try and figure out how to make watching videos and copying that work for you.

• Like 1

Actually the gold prizes on hard was the least of my worries when attempting the plat of Catherine besides the last night which had a few spikes to overcome . The babel stages are the worst to overcome specially the last 2 and i was very lucky to get a dedicated partner to help me out on coop mode .

The worst imo was doing the grinding ass 128 stages of Rapunzel , so freaking boring after awhile.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Devil_Spooky said:

How does that won't help you? You just have to do exactly what they do on those videos and you're done, it's impossible to be easier than that, it's just play the video, pause it every couple of moves, repeat them on your game, pause it and repeat, how much easier do you want? If you have trouble copying someone else's moves you're screwed of this Plat, no way you'll be able to do Babel.

That's right . Babel stages are randomly generated each time you try it out so there's no sure way to imitate the same moves to climb up in each stage . 

• Like 2

If the videos don't help, then idk what else you could use. I'm assuming that it's the boss stages that you're struggling with the most. The boss patterns you'll have will be different from the ones in the videos. Try to imitate what they're doing in the video, while being cautious of your surroundings. It doesn't matter if you waste more time than they did in the video as long as you don't ruin your chain.  Honestly, the stages on Hard aren't too bad once you get the hang of things. Stage 9 is a bit tricky since it's luck-based. It's Babel mode that the difficult part as its all randomly generated. Use the stages on hard as practice for Babel mode. By not completely depending on the video and using your own skills during the boss stages, you'll be able to prepare yourself for Babel.

Edited by GoldenDevilGamer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

How does that won't help you? You just have to do exactly what they do on those videos and you're done, it's impossible to be easier than that, it's just play the video, pause it every couple of moves, repeat them on your game, pause it and repeat, how much easier do you want? If you have trouble copying someone else's moves you're screwed of this Plat, no way you'll be able to do Babel.

It was easy doing it on Rapunzel. Doing this on the campaign makes me run out of time but I'll take this with a grain of salt.

46 minutes ago, Gamesareify said:

It was easy doing it on Rapunzel. Doing this on the campaign makes me run out of time but I'll take this with a grain of salt.

Rapunzel is easy cause you can follow the guide videos at your own pace and don't care about the time it takes cause it's about the number of moves you do . I just thought that Rapunzel was the most tedious part of the whole game cause of the abnormal number of stages and getting so repetitive eve  tho i just had to follow the videos in later stages to rapidly be done with it .

• Like 1

Videos as others have said, or just practice, practice, patience, and more practice.

There is also a tonne of discussion and tips in this thread:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/35725-lets-play-catherine/

In regards to Babel, the sections which drop are limited to a few certain patterns which have solutions.  So study the patterns and solutions, and play with 2 controllers.  Still not easy by any means, and I have not bothered as of yet. Just glad to have played through the game and enjoyed the various endings.

Good luck!

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, audiopile said:

Videos as others have said, or just practice, practice, patience, and more practice.

There is also a tonne of discussion and tips in this thread:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/35725-lets-play-catherine/

In regards to Babel, the sections which drop are limited to a few certain patterns which have solutions.  So study the patterns and solutions, and play with 2 controllers.  Still not easy by any means, and I have not bothered as of yet. Just glad to have played through the game and enjoyed the various endings.

Good luck!

Thanks. So far practicing was my safe bet and it paid off.

5 more gold trophies to go.

• Like 2