Help me pick Halloween platinums!

Hey all. I'm a pretty new trophy hunter. I started in June, when I finishing college. I'm busily going through my existing game library and cleaning up my completion average on old games that were already in my trophy list. However, I want to play some new stuff. I decided to dedicate September and October to my getting platinums geared towards my favorite holiday, Halloween! I was hoping you all could direct my attention to some of the more enjoyable platinums that fit theme. My unplayed games library is big (200+) and I came up with 20 games off the top of my head that that I already own that could work. I just want to play some quality stuff first and look forward to your recommendations!

My personal favorite Halloween game is Costume Quest, but it doesn't have a plat unfortunately. It's also the only game I know of that's literally Halloween.

Anyway, some other possible games with plats are:

Lollipop Chainsaw

Alice: Madness Returns

Shadows of the Damned

Bloodborne

Resident Evil Revelations

Devil May Cry 1-3

The Walking Dead games

A Wolf Among Us

A couple more without plats:

Bloodrayne: Betrayal

inFamous: Festival of Blood

Honestly though, since you're just starting out, just play games you want to play. Play games you enjoy, and just use trophies as a reason to keep playing them. No need to force yourself, or to stick to a specific theme. If you want to play a game, you should play it.

1 minute ago, ExHaseo said:

Honestly though, since you're just starting out, just play games you want to play. Play games you enjoy, and just use trophies as a reason to keep playing them. No need to force yourself, or to stick to a specific theme. If you want to play a game, you should play it.

I for sure agree with you about playing what you find fun. However, since Halloween is a favorite, I'll enjoy pretty much anything in this theme. Which is why I decided I could take two months worth of spooky games. I am close to the plat on Bloodborne already. So I think I'll do the DLC for this to get to 100%. I got Costume Quest 2 for PS3 from PS Plus a few months back, but I don't own that console. I am hoping the PS4 version shows up on plus this October. But if it doesn't, I'm for sure going to buy it and make it a part of my personal event. Thanks for the suggestions!

23 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

As you've posted this in the community events section, you might want to check out some of the games that were played as part of the Halloween Event we had running last year.

Great note. I should have thought of this already. :) 

57 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

You should post what you already have planned (the 20 you mentioned), that way people won't recommend something you already plan on playing.

I dont have specific plans. I'm preparing to make them.  Im kind of looking for someone to say, "I've played XXXX and it's awesome!" Here's what I remember owning so you can maybe point out the better ones from that.

Until Dawn

The Last of Us Remastered (Played through this 3 times but never trophy hunted it so it's at like 5% completion)

Killing Floor 2

Resident Evil

Resident Evil Revelations 2

The Evil Within

7 Days to Die

Kholat

Slender: The Arrival

Walking Dead Telltale Stuffs

A Wolf Among Us

Oxenfree 

Claire

Among the Sleep

The Bunker (not sure if it's scary)

Killing Floor 2

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

Grim Fandango

Day of the Tentacle

Alien Isolation

Zombi

Outlast

Edited by Toogie53
Added list of games
  • Like 1

Off of your list I would pick:
Bloodborne
Nioh
Resi 1
Lords of the Fallen
Borderlands 1 (do the Zombie Island dlc on Halloween, it's awesome!)
Zombi
Alien Isolation

Other good games:
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
Resident Evil 7
Deadlight Director's Cut
The Evil Within
Lone Survivor
Zombie Army Trilogy
Mother Russia Bleeds
Maldita Castilla EX 
Dead Nation
Slain Back From Hell

24 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I dont have specific plans. I'm preparing to make them.  Im kind of looking for someone to say, "I've played XXXX and it's awesome!" Here's what I own so you can maybe point out the better ones.

Until Dawn

The Last of Us Remastered (Played through this 3 times but never trophy hunted it so it's at like 5% completion)

Killing Floor 2

Resident Evil

Resident Evil Revelations 2

The Evil Within

7 Days to Die

Kholat

Slender: The Arrival

Walking Dead Telltale Stuffs

A Wolf Among Us

Oxenfree 

Claire

Among the Sleep

The Bunker (not sure if it's scary)

Killing Floor 2

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

Grim Fandango

Day of the Tentacle

Alien Isolation

Zombi

Outlast

Hell that's a pretty great list.  Out of those I have finished Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Oxenfree, A Wolf Among Us, Slender: The Arrival, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, and Until Dawn.  I recommend all of them.  Although, without a guide, any Doublefine adventure game will be quite the time sink and 2 months might not be enough time.  I would pick these 5:

• REmake Resident Evil
  • Oxenfree
  • Until Dawn
  • A Wolf Among Us
  • and SOMA, you should really get this game it's fantastic.

@Beyondthegrave07 mentioned Dead Space and I second it.  The first one is great,

Side note:  there is a good chance there will be another Halloween event so you might want to wait and join the community in that.  You could earn yourself a nice badge.

Edited by angelgrievous

27 minutes ago, OrderOfOrigin said:

Well, for me the ultimate Halloween game is MediEvil. Has no trophies however.

Aww. Nostalgia!

35 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

Hell that's a pretty great list.  Out of those I have finished Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Oxenfree, A Wolf Among Us, Slender: The Arrival, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, and Until Dawn.  I recommend all of them.  Although, without a guide, any Doublefine adventure game will be quite the time sink and 2 months might not be enough time.  I would pick these 5:

• REmake Resident Evil
  • Oxenfree
  • Until Dawn
  • A Wolf Among Us

@Beyondthegrave07 mentioned Dead Space and I second it.  The first one is great,

Side note:  there is a good chance there will be another Halloween event so you might want to wait and join the community in that.  You could earn yourself a nice badge.

Thanks for the advice. SOMA was just on sale and I talked myself out of it. D'oh!

**edit** STill is on sale. I grabbed it!

Edited by Toogie53

33 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

• REmake Resident Evil
  • Oxenfree
  • Until Dawn
  • A Wolf Among Us

Wow, how did I forget TLOU!?!? Great choice!

From your list I would say to definately play Zombi and Outlast. Zombi I personally liked pretty much and it gave me some small jumps. Outlast however is in my opinion one of the most scary games there is. If you want to play halloween games, that one has to be on your list (preferable when you're all alone at night with the lights out and the sound loud enough)

1 hour ago, bruin-rocks said:

Lone Survivor. 

I haven't heard of this one before today. Looks interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

32 minutes ago, Green said:

Costume Quest 1&2 There's no plat but it fits the theme perfectly

For sure. I wish the first would be ported to ps4.

1 hour ago, Fredoline05 said:

From your list I would say to definately play Zombi and Outlast. Zombi I personally liked pretty much and it gave me some small jumps. Outlast however is in my opinion one of the most scary games there is. If you want to play halloween games, that one has to be on your list (preferable when you're all alone at night with the lights out and the sound loud enough)

I played a bit of Outlast when I first bought it. I abandoned it somewhere around the basement where you turn on the generators. I will for sure be redeeming myself on it this year, now that I'm less busy with school.

Edited by Toogie53

Bloodborne is a must if you are into horror inspired by the works of HP Lovecraft, so in other words its a perfect fit for Halloween and an impressive platinum. At the same time, Until Dawn is also an easy platinum and could easily eat up hours of your time with it's movie-like play-style where your choices determine how the game plays out for you.

Some suggestions:

Salt and Sanctuary (Like the Souls series but 2D)

Amnesia Collection

Murdered Soul Suspect (Easy platinum with a guide)

Layer of Fear (Not sure if this has a platinum, but Ive heard it is a good horror game nonetheless)

Dying Light

Resident Evil Origins Collection (TOUGH!)

The Evil Within (ALSO TOUGH!!)

PS: I know you mentioned having "The Bunker". Easy platinum that can be obtained in a few hours, with a few good scary moments. 

Thanks you guys have been really helpful! I decided to go for 13 platinums in this time frame. With the 13th being completed on Halloween night. I'm working on narrowing down the finalists. But I did decide Until Dawn will be the game to wrap on on Halloween night since it's fairly easy and I can pause it whenever the doorbell rings.

Probably

1. Until Dawn - Halloween Night
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Costume Quest 2
  4. Bloodborne (DLC)
  5. SOMA
  6. Resident Evil
  7. Alien Isolation
  8. Zombi
  9. Among the Sleep
  10. Lone Survivor
  11. Grim Fandango
  12. Oxenfree 
  13. Outlast

Probably Not

• Resident Evil Revelations 2
  • Claire
  • Kholat
  • The Bunker (not sure if it's scary)
  • Killing Floor 2
  • Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
  • Walking Dead Telltale Stuffs
  • 7 Days to Die
  • Day of the Tentacle
  • Goosebumps
  • Killing Floor 2
  • A Wolf Among Us
  • Slender: The Arrival
  • The Evil Within
Edited by Toogie53

16 hours ago, Lawless_Llama said:

Bloodborne is a must if you are into horror inspired by the works of HP Lovecraft, so in other words its a perfect fit for Halloween and an impressive platinum. At the same time, Until Dawn is also an easy platinum and could easily eat up hours of your time with it's movie-like play-style where your choices determine how the game plays out for you.

Some suggestions:

Salt and Sanctuary (Like the Souls series but 2D)

Amnesia Collection

Murdered Soul Suspect (Easy platinum with a guide)

Layer of Fear (Not sure if this has a platinum, but Ive heard it is a good horror game nonetheless)

Dying Light

Resident Evil Origins Collection (TOUGH!)

The Evil Within (ALSO TOUGH!!)

PS: I know you mentioned having "The Bunker". Easy platinum that can be obtained in a few hours, with a few good scary moments. 

Excellent Suggestions. I have the Murdered platinum already. I'm intimated by the difficulty of The Evil Within. I'm going to try it, but not expecting to be able to get the platinum there. 

16 hours ago, Hertz said:

It's not really a horror game but Diablo 3 sure would look good for a Halloween Plat.

I've played so many hours of this pn PC. It's a great game. Not sure I'm up for it on the PS4. It's tempting though with the new Necromancer DLC. 

Dude Halloween games must be my specialty cuz my profile is filled with them, check it out for some suggestions ?

There's Splatterhouse

Friday the13th

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 and 2

Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD

Dantes Inferno

Doom 

Resident Evil 4

Escape Dead Island...

Edited by tonesdad0408

1 minute ago, Eyjabria said:

I recommend Yomawari: Night Alone if you have a Vita. From your list I can recommend Day of the Tentacle Remastered (PS4 / Vita). DotT is probably my all time favorite PC game and I had tons of fun playing it again on Vita.

DotT is a favorite ever? I'm going to have to bump it up on my list then. Thanks for the info. 

I never desired a Vita until I started trophy hunting. Now I want one bad. I'm just holding off for a bit to see if trophy hunting holds my interest for more than a few months. I think it will and I could justify splurging on a Vita around Christmas time. 

2 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Dude Halloween games must be my specialty cuz my profile is filled with them, check it out for some suggestions ?

There's Splatterhouse

Friday the13th

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1 and 2

Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate HD

Dantes Inferno...

Haha. Nice profile. I'll hopefully resemble you later on. Nice!