MidnightCJ

MidnightCJ's Rogue's Gallery: Games Gone Bad

16 posts in this topic

Earl: Wow, Planet Potentates sure do make a lot of enemies, don't they?
Rupert: Oh, that's common among them.

— Calvin and Hobbes: The Series, "Dr. BrainChill"

roguegallery.png

Everyone makes mistakes or wishes they could go back in time and erase decisions they made. I'm no exception.

In my case, it's basically games that I wish I had never touched had I known better. But I didn't and so now I'm stuck with these losers for life. What can ya do? :holy::dunno: So the only thing I can do right now is put them in the slammer until I feel ready to interrogate them and get the rest out of them. ;)

Film noir aside, though, this is a list of all the games which I rage-quit on. Well, rage-quit implies that I will never touch the games again, and being an O.C.D. Dick*, I am probably going to do everything in my power to force those games to cough up their final trophies. Just not for a long time as the motto is "If a thing is too tough for you, put it away and move on" and I have other games I would prefer to play. Once those games are finished, I will start torturing these losers.

* (That's slang for detective, though I am not going to pretend this forum isn't potty-mouthed at times. Having cleaning up doggie 💩 for a few days in my life, I am not adverse to a little stink now and then.)

L1c1493.png

Complete: 90%

Last Trophy Touched: June 29, 2017

This was an okay and fun little game focused on the history of writing. The problem was Desperado, which requires you to complete the Claredon level (which is styled in the Wild West theme) without dying once, and there are MANY ways to die, especially near the end. I am easily frustrated by "complete this stage without dying!" trophies because I am not good at those types of trophies. This is why I have dropped Media Molecule from my wishlist and LittleBigPlanet 3 is rotting in my PS4 library. :(

Add in the fact that you have janky controls because you're controlling two orbs and the only way to dodge is by making them rotate in mid-air, and you can see how hard this trophy is to earn for me. And I completed the bonus level which is supposedly harder than this!

Lc12fc9.png
Complete: 6%
Last Trophy Touched: July 15, 2017

This was created by the same people who made TYPE:RIDER and has the same frustrations. The only reason I bothered playing this was because it had a trophy which started with the letter "Q" and I was eager not to fail the Alphabet Challenge, which is something I should have never registered for. :(

"Start over and don't die ever. Okay too hard.. don't die more than 5 times!"

Uhhhh... yeah, maybe in 2020. :|

I did like the story, but the chances of dying are very high.

L6f262f.png
Complete: 46%
Last Trophy Touched: July 12, 2017

Only touched this game to get the "Jake Suit" trophy for the alphabet challenge as the other trophies I had took too long. I know I had a full month but I tend to get a little nervous around lists like this.

I started on this game only because it was 99 cents in the PSN store for the Vita version and it was supposed to be a love letter to Legend of Zelda. Sadly I do not care much about Finn and Jake's adventures(I never watched Adventure Time on Cartoon Network) and thus I was sort of lost about the characters.

That I could forgive if the game's difficulty didn't decide to spike up the @$$ after the second temple. I know they only have three dungeons in this game but this game is really out to hurt me in spades. The stupid ducky float enemies that charge at you and throw deadly bombs at you are just plain unfair and the fact that you don't get a checkpoint in the third temple for a long time and you have to go through the entire temple again if you die is plain frustration fuel.

I will platinum this game but for now I want to save my Vita space for better things.

L0de5ee.png
Complete: 33%
Last Trophy Touched: July 17, 2017

If there is any game which could remain unfinished forever on my profile, it would be this pile of 💩💩. The only reason I even had this is because of the Alphabet Challenge. I copped out and played only to get the Xenophobe trophy for the challenge. There was another game I was considering but it was way more expensive(World to the West, a game I'd like to play because it's a sequel to Teslagrad - it had three X-named trophies!) But my OCD nature didn't want to wait until I got my dog money so I got this slimeball. It's the worst game I have ever played because you can get a Game Over very easily - you have to dodge enemies and can only kill them by throwing things at them. *sigh*

Hopefully by Alphabet Challenge 2018, there will be more games that have trophies that start with Q and X. :(

Ldd4aa2.png
Complete: 13%
Last Trophy Touched: June 20, 2017

WHAT?! A LEGO GAME ON THIS LIST?!? BLASPHEMY!!!!!

Well, it's true. This is the Vita version of LEGO Avengers and it really dropped the bar. The PS4 version is one game I would plat if I had the time to buy the season pass so I could get all the DLC stories for free, but I vowed never to plat a game that has DLC trophies because I will never buy DLC for a game which has trophies attached to them as I would rather sell my PS4 rather than leave a platinum at less than 100%. This is why I threw away my toy pad for LEGO Dimensions because the DLC cost for that game is three times the cost of the starter pack due to all the game packs.

The Vita version has no DLC so it should be better, right? EHHH!! WRONG!! The problem is that the game has its issues. I rented this game, expecting a quick platinum, and ran afoul of a glitch which made it impossible to complete the Ultron story. A shame as I loved the PS4 version of this game; having see The Age of Ultron movie in theaters, the LEGO version was a treat.

I have no hate towards LEGO MARVEL, but I like LEGO DC better. That is all. :P

(If I have any more shameful games, I will put them here.)

You missed A Boy and His Blob :ninja:

Nothing makes one rage-quit faster than a crow made out of petrol and the third world boss made a laughing stock out of me. I eventually gave up.

Edited by Mesopithecus

You can conquer Desperado.  I did.  Where I died repeatedly was when the cross hairs appeared.  If you're in the same boat, the trick that worked for me was not to try and rush through as quickly as possible, but instead to incorporate some hesitation to draw the cross hairs attention, which once you have, you're afforded a second or two before the gun fires after the cross hairs stop moving.  That's your opportunity to make your move.  Practice makes perfect. 

I was expecting a lot of hate as soon as I made this thread, but I have to do it because I need to know what sort of games are going to be in limbo. I am not going to defend myself about my list - I am putting this list down as a motivation to get the platinums in those games. I am also not going to say how the rest of you can go suck an egg as I knew I was going to get a ton of abuse over how I am a quitter. Well, we'll see as the year grows old whether your hate is justified or not.

I am like Tetsuya Nomura when he was teased about having tons of zippers and belts on his characters in Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. "I will not shirk down, I will fight back. If you tease me about not keeping to my promise to bring Kingdom Hearts 3 out in 2018, then maybe I will delay the game further." In other words, if you keep teasing me about never doing hard games, I might oblige you on that and just fill my trophy cabinet with nothing but easy games and then I'll have 238 platinums while you are all still struggling along at 50. :P

Also, Shana, I dropped Arcana Heart 3 Love Max because the person who offered to help me boost it replied that he had the PS3 version and they're not compatible. I also dropped Tears to Tiara II because it is not on PS Now and I don't have a PS3 anymore.

Edited by MidnightCJ

5 hours ago, Shana Alter said:

TOUHOU - This will get on this list so fast

I am doing Genso Wanderer which is a rogue-like RPG.

2 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Also, Shana, I dropped Arcana Heart 3 Love Max because the person who offered to help me boost it replied that she had the PS3 version and they're not compatible.

I'm a boy. -_-

7 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

I'm a boy. -_-

Oops, sorry. I apologize. I should have checked your profile. My bad. :(

3 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Oops, sorry. I apologize. I should have checked your profile. My bad. :(

Buuuuuu  :highfive:

2 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

I am like Tetsuya Nomura when he was teased about having tons of zippers and belts on his characters in Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. "I will not shirk down, I will fight back. If you tease me about not keeping to my promise to bring Kingdom Hearts 3 out in 2018, then maybe I will delay the game further." In other words, if you keep teasing me about never doing hard games, I might oblige you on that and just fill my trophy cabinet with nothing but easy games and then I'll have 238 platinums while you are all still struggling along at 50. :P

I didn't know that Artifex Mundi had 200+ games...or did they start releasing My Name is Mayo stacks for every region :hmm:.

2 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

I didn't know that Artifex Mundi had 200+ games...or did they start releasing My Name is Mayo stacks for every region :hmm:.

Et tu, Kent? :(

For your info, yes, Artifex Mundi has 200+ games. Go check out their website to see their PC lineup... chances are, since they came onto the forum and promised to port their games to the PS4, 100% of the remaining games will be ported to the PS4. :P

And I apologize if I was being a jerk in the last response; I know that words mean nothing. If I want to show that I am serious about trophy hunting, I need to go and 100% those games on this list. I just don't think it's fair that people think I'll throw every game I have onto this list except for the easy games because I had some setbacks.

6 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

Et tu, Kent? :(

For your info, yes, Artifex Mundi has 200+ games. Go check out their website to see their PC lineup... chances are, since they came onto the forum and promised to port their games to the PS4, 100% of the remaining games will be ported to the PS4. :P

There's no need to quote Julius Caesar, I'm just stating my opinion. You can't expect people to take you seriously if you consider Adventure Time (which is a 3/10 plat at most). Not to mention that banter is banter, and jokes are jokes...there's no reason for you to get so offended. 

I checked the Artifex Mundi site and there's only 56 games for your info. I believe the spokesperson for them said they were porting one game a month so unless you want to get to 200 plats in the next 17 years I suggest you look for more options :awesome:.

11 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

I just don't think it's fair that people think I'll throw every game I have onto this list except for the easy games because I had some setbacks.

People think you'll throw every game in this list because you have easy games on this list. Glitched trophy or not the Vita Plat for LEGO: The Avengers has been achieved so it's obviously not impossible. Not to mention that it's a LEGO game, games known for having extremely easy plats. You give up on things way to easily and by creating a list like this your just giving yourself more excuses to give up again. 

11 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

People think you'll throw every game in this list because you have easy games on this list. Glitched trophy or not the Vita Plat for LEGO: The Avengers has been achieved so it's obviously not impossible. Not to mention that it's a LEGO game, games known for having extremely easy plats. You give up on things way to easily and by creating a list like this your just giving yourself more excuses to give up again. 

You're right, I am making excuses. Until I march into the room caressing those 100% trophies, nobody will take me seriously and think I am a loser. I get the gist of it. I'll try to work on those games in the future, okay?

And I dare you to platinum The Witness and say that the trophy for the challenge was easy-peasy without the exploit.

5 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

You're right, I am making excuses. Until I march into the room caressing those 100% trophies, nobody will take me seriously and think I am a loser. I get the gist of it. I'll try to work on those games in the future, okay?

And I dare you to platinum The Witness and say that the trophy for the challenge was easy-peasy without the exploit.

Why do you always think people are trying to call you a loser? Ever heard of encouragement? 

Alright, done. Once the THL is over I'll start The Witness and get back to you.

Edited by Kent10201

13 hours ago, Ratchet said:

I look forward to seeing FF14 on this list!

LOLZ, never gonna happen because I love the game and will give up all my grocery money to keep my sub. (J/K) ^_^

Also, and I know I am going to get a lot of hate on the forums but...

"Why do I love Final Fantasy XIV? Because it's not Final Fantasy XIII or XV!" :P

Yeah, I went there. Sorry, but after seeing a video about how FFXV was god-awful I don't think I'll ever platinum it, and definitely not gonna touch the XIII trilogy because 13 is unlucky and poor FF13 got the unluckiest cut of them all because the devs were idiots and forgot what made FFXII great. I am glad they remade FFXII.

Edited by MidnightCJ