Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Remaster Trailer

This thread is for the TRAILER, which was just released a few days ago. Go to this thread for the original announcement:

Dragon's Dogma is officially coming to PS4 and Xbox One later this year. Capcom has released a trailer for the remaster earlier this week.

Thoughts? Personally, I don't understand the point of this. DD was a total commercial failure and it's unlikely this will get it any further sales.

Edited by Star Butterfly
  • Like 3

I started this thread for it back in May. Like you I am not sure why this is getting a remaster other than maybe they are seeing if it would bring enough interest so they can make a sequel. I never played it and I doubt I will this time as I am not a big RPG fan.

Just now, snakebit10 said:

I started this thread for it back in May. Like you I am not sure why this is getting a remaster other than maybe they are seeing if it would bring enough interest so they can make a sequel. I never played it and I doubt I will this time as I am not a big RPG fan.

This thread is for the trailer. Your thread did not have it.

1 minute ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Why not a sequel? Capcom is too lazy

Me and every other DD fan has been wondering this for 5 years.

2 minutes ago, Star Butterfly said:

This thread is for the trailer. Your thread did not have it.

Me and every other DD fan has been wondering this for 5 years.

Fair enough. I don't think a trailer was available at the time I started the thread.

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Why not a sequel? Capcom is too lazy

They sort of made one but it's just an MMO that barely anyone cared about. Clearly it was the smartest move anyone should make.

Edited by Redgrave

I think pricing is going to be particularly important for this one.   I loved DD:DA, but the game wasn't without it's flaws, and the above trailer isn't that impressive.   I don't know if DDO was/is any good but I wonder if they'd have been better off localising that instead.   I just hope this means Capcom have some plans for the franchise and this isn't just cashing in on the PC port...and then they'll forget about DD.   If it's priced well I'd probably pick it up again, been a long time since I played the PS3 game, and if it has a new trophy set...

3 hours ago, Star Butterfly said:

Thoughts? Personally, I don't understand the point of this. DD was a total commercial failure and it's unlikely this will get it any further sales.

If anything, the original being a commercial failure makes the remaster all the more important. It means they can recoup any potential losses they suffered developing the game with minimal additional investment. I remember back when the Tomb Raider reboot failed to meet internal expectations, but that changed after the PS4/Xbone remaster. Releasing Dragon's Dogma on different consoles introduces it to a new audience, and even if it doesn't sell extremely well, it will almost certainly make enough money for them to make a profit. There is no real reason not to release this.