Collar Me Surprised! (Trophy Discussion)

Edunstar84

Love the design of the trophy tiles! But it looks like we have to view all the endings. Those bad endings can be rough though. So I hope it's not too out there. Wish I can pick it up, but the Otome's have been very expensive lately. Really happy that there's more localisation and hope they'll be more in the future.

So what are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

I couldn't even tell this was a VN from the list. I ordered it on Amazon a while back without looking at the gameplay cause I'm obsessed with collecting Vita Games. (Up to 120)

Basically this, but I've been considering cancelling this one.

Can someone tell me what it changes from a regular VN?

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Haven't seen much gameplay yet, but it's an Otome with some action features.

I hope it's more interactive then Period Cube was. The ads made it seem that there was more then what was given. 

It is an otome game but in terms of typical vns it's more interactive. You have your standard multi choice gameplay, though this time with added trust and crime solving systems as opposed to typical affections sytems, atext/call system where you interact with characters using your character's phone, a "trigger" system where you have to actively try and shoot your gun, and an investigation system in the vein of classic point and click games. 

Aksys has stated that this game is a favorite among the staff and I'm pretty sure this is the first M rated otome to make it over to the west, so even if you're not into otome games this one seems worth giving a try as a vn. 

edit: no it's not im a fool 

Edited by zeda12123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FlareZero said:

Action feature?,, well this a good thing, I will think about this, but it's olny DD?

1 hour ago, Terra said:

I hope it's more interactive then Period Cube was. The ads made it seem that there was more then what was given. 

I have to admit I don't know how much action it will have, and I haven't played Period Cube. Will try to check out some gameplay tomorrow.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zeda12123 said:

It is an otome game but in terms of typical vns it's more interactive. You have your standard multi choice gameplay, though this time with added trust and crime solving systems as opposed to typical affections sytems, atext/call system where you interact with characters using your character's phone, a "trigger" system where you have to actively try and shoot your gun, and an investigation system in the vein of classic point and click games. 

Sounds like it uses gameplay elements similar to Steins;Gate and Danganronpa then. Count me interested. :dance:

Now I only have to wait 1 to 2 weeks for my copy to arrive.

Edited by Crimson Idol

I have this game pre-ordered. You guys are making me even more excited to play this one. :D I love all kinds of VN's, but the ones with more interaction are always welcome. I'm really interested in the whole crime solving/mystery aspect of the game. I may have to play this sooner rather than later.

4 hours ago, zeda12123 said:

I'm pretty sure this is the first M rated otome to make it over to the west, so even if you're not into otome games this one seems worth giving a try as a vn. 

Isn't Hakuoki the first M-rated western otome game? Period Cube is rated M as well.

Anyways, my sis has this game pre-ordered so I'll most likely play this one sometime down the line.

1 minute ago, Intoner_Zero said:

Isn't Hakuoki the first M-rated western otome game? Period Cube is rated M as well.

Anyways, my sis has this game pre-ordered so I'll most likely play this one sometime down the line.

Oh you're totally right, I completely forgot about hakuoki and thought PCube was T. Looks like I'm a dang fool. 

Im happy that there are new Visual Novel games on Vita, but... why not on PS4?!! I think there are only 4 or 5 VN games on PS4 - which i have all. Right now im playing Root Letter (first ending... creepy) and i wanted to play Chaos Child and this, on PS4 but... no! Ech...

3 minutes ago, A_KlR_A said:

Im happy that there are new Visual Novel games on Vita, but... why not on PS4?!! I think there are only 4 or 5 VN games on PS4 - which i have all. Right now im playing Root Letter (first ending... creepy) and i wanted to play Chaos Child and this, on PS4 but... no! Ech...

Because VN's don't belong on console. It's simple really. :P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, A_KlR_A said:

ehhh, ps4 has been poaching VNs more and more. Good to see Vita get some to itself.

• 3 weeks later...