Made for Kids Ages 2 and Up

TrophyDad

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2017 at 4:53 AM, UlvenFenrir said:

"but I am thankful that these developers aren't trying their hardest to fuck up a functional system"

Since when was it ever a functional system? The trophy system sucks. The only meaning it has is the meaning you put behind it. I love trophies so don't take it the wrong way but it's far from functional. Sony doesn't care about the system enough and the universal meaning behind a bronze,silver,gold,platinum etc is long lost. 

In the end, the system only has as much value/meaning as you make it out to be.

I personally think the trophy system is much better than the Xbox Achievements and Steam Achievements. On Steam they just seem to put anything and everything on there and slap an achievement list on the game without any thought. Some strategy games like Age of Empires II and Civilization V have a ton of achievements, many of which nobody with any real mind is going to go after them because they're so ridiculous.

Playstation platforms actually have something to go for. Platinums. Xbox and Steam don't have that.

Four stacks of Nubla, four stacks of Energy Cycle and two stacks of My Name is Mayo and Orc Slayer are about as bad as trophies can get. At least you should be thankful that It's Spring Again didn't get a platinum trophy.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...