PS+ Aug 2017

Gwendly

Yas! 

Been having JC3 on a wishlist for a while. Glad I didn't buy it! This month was bad for me (already have games they gave out), so the next month is a freaking Christmas for me. 

Offtop. Sony's been rolling last couple of months with awesome freebies. I wonder how long it will last. Probably, not long... *knocking on a wood*

First time I can remember having a month of PS Plus where I don't own any of the games up for offer. Downwell and Level 22 look interesting, though I can't say I particularly care about the rest.

I really hate how it feels like they're digging right to the bottom of the barrel for PS3 (and Vita to a lesser extent) PS Plus games each month now.

On 27/07/2017 at 1:17 AM, Gwendly said:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/26/ps-plus-free-games-for-august-2017/

Full lineup:

Just Cause 3 PS4

Assassin's Creed Freedom CSunday PS4

Super Motherload PS3

Snakeball PS3

Downwell Vita (crossbuy with PS4)

Level 22 Vita

Just happy that I don't have a single one of these yet, lol

I played Freedom Cry last year off of Assassins Creed: Black Flag. I had to pay money to get it but it's also seperate. You can technically do Freedom Cry FOUR TIMES. Twice on the PS3 and PS4 versions of Assassins Creed: Black Flag, and twice if you buy the separate versions on PS3 and PS4.

Just Cause 3 is pretty solid. Plenty of content there with the DLC, though you're going to have to pay for it still.

Don't know about the rest. Downwell is crossbuy with PS4 so it's technically another free PS4 title. Looks challenging though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

Freedom Cry is a DLC not even a full game now i see they are offering less and less ?? 

AC4: Freedom Cry started as a DLC to the AC4 base game, but it became a standalone game later during the latter's life cycle, if I remember correctly. So, in reality, it's more similar to Infamous: First Light or the incoming Uncharted: The Lost Legacy than, say, a normal MP game's DLC/Content Pack. Given that AC4 is considered one of the best AC games for it's setting and naval combat, and this standalone expansion also has the same strenghts and improves on them, I'd say it's a pretty nice addition to the PS Plus IGC lineup, although I would have preferred the base AC4 game to be on the IGC, to be honest. A good lineup, nonetheless.

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

I played Freedom Cry last year off of Assassins Creed: Black Flag. I had to pay money to get it but it's also seperate. You can technically do Freedom Cry FOUR TIMES. Twice on the PS3 and PS4 versions of Assassins Creed: Black Flag, and twice if you buy the separate versions on PS3 and PS4.

Hmmm, are you saying that the physical and digital versions have separate trophy lists? I actually have the physical version of AC4: Black Flag on PS3, but I never got myself to finish it after I started playing on PS4 (I'm at 5% of synchronization, if I remember correctly). If so, that would be a nice boost to my trophy list, but doing the game four times would be a little bit too repetitive.

12 minutes ago, DPJUST14 said:

Hmmm, are you saying that the physical and digital versions have separate trophy lists? I actually have the physical version of AC4: Black Flag on PS3, but I never got myself to finish it after I started playing on PS4 (I'm at 5% of synchronization, if I remember correctly). If so, that would be a nice boost to my trophy list, but doing the game four times would be a little bit too repetitive.

Not really physical/digital - but there is 4 version of Freedom Cry - the PS3/4 versions of th DLC as DLC (Where you require the base game) and the PS3/4 versions where they are stand alone - so technically you only get a trophy list for the stand alone versions and the other 2 trophy lists are Black flag (where it is listed as DLC)

PS3:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2210-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2445-assassins-creed-freedom-cry

PS4:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2247-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2440-assassins-creed-freedom-cry

On 26/07/2017 at 8:32 PM, Nicolae-TR said:

Here is the Asia PSN's Line up. 

* Amnesia Collection

* Child of Light

* Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry

* Downwell

* Hustle Kings

PS Plus August 2017 - Line Up

I got a HK PS+ Last month free with a purchase of Danganronpa Ultra Despair girls (well, £30 for a year + the game. The game is 25 over here and 1 year Plus is usually about £40) so I have both a UK and HK plus now and i'm really happy with both regions so far. ATM you can get Battlefront free with PSPlus for about £25 in HK and I think there is another game you can get free being added in the next week or so.

Edited by turniplord

19 minutes ago, Killbot0002 said:

I just got Strike Vector EX for free on the US store. 

Me too. I don't see Level 22, though... Am I missing something?

EDIT: I can only find Level 22 by doing a google search (not a search on the web store). It shows as $6.99. Hm... :hmm:

Edited by RNumbers

4 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Me too. I don't see Level 22, though... Am I missing something?

I had to look it up manually, but it is indeed free for PS+

edit: searching for "level 22" doesn't seem to work, but just "level" did it for me

Edited by pyrotempestwing

2 minutes ago, pyrotempestwing said:

I had to look it up manually, but it is indeed free for PS+

No such luck for me. Both PS3 and PS4 versions show as $6.99. But I'm using a web browser. Don't have a console handy atm. Guess I'll check when I get home.

Edited by RNumbers

16 minutes ago, pyrotempestwing said:

I used my phone, but I wouldn't think it would make that much difference.

edit: It just the Vita version that's free. No crossbuy, it seems.

Ah, yeah, that was it. Harder than it should have been, haha. Thanks.

This month is weird 

Strike Vector EX says "Free" but then I get an error message "You are not eligible to purchase or download this content"

I got Downwell for all three systems when it was just supposed to be PS4/Vita only

I also got Super Motherload for PS3 and PS4 when it was supposed to be PS3 only

After searching I got Level 22 for Vita but not PS3 and PS4 which is what the blog said

Very puzzled ?

Edited by ScoldingComa7

37 minutes ago, ScoldingComa7 said:

This month is weird 

Strike Vector EX says "Free" but then I get an error message "You are not eligible to purchase or download this content"

I got Downwell for all three systems when it was just supposed to be PS4/Vita only

I also got Super Motherload for PS3 and PS4 when it was supposed to be PS3 only

After searching I got Level 22 for Vita but not PS3 and PS4 which is what the blog said

Very puzzled 1f606.png

Super Motherload, at least, is supposed to be cross-buy, so that's working as intended. Sounds like Strike Vector EX was fixed already. Guess they're working out the kinks.

Ooh, Downwell? I've been wanting to check that out... Level 22 looks kinda fun too, at least the trophy list

Also no trophies for Snakeball, guessing that's an old game?

As for the big AAA releases... not for me but hey, I'm happy for the ones who have been wanting those. now where are my niche weeb games...

Edited by Zanreo

for those who want the complete just cause 3 experience. they just put the DLC for 10$ this week only.

will i start the game? yes. i got so much backlog ahead its going to be some time before just cause 3 gets a chance (about 4-5 games already planned ahead of backlog) not including the physical game of rango it's clear sailing from here once the staves get finished. can stay alive longer in the tower to level swords beyond floor 100.

Edited by kingdrake2