Empty Pockets question

RangyRV

Depends on what characters you play. Some earn money faster, have level up abilities [per match; resets character levels like a moba would] that give you currency over time and there's some cards that give that bonus too if you equip them to your loadout. +1 a second (attack phase only). Not quite as good as Max's +3 a second (always), and Max gets a discount on traps. So you can place more faster; thus spend money faster.

Takes a long time to even place all the traps they want you to. Even the larger levels only have a 100 and change trap limit. And if you play with others, split it in 3.

It's definitely a commitment, but not solely because of the coin spending trophy. I've played a lot, and still don't have the trap one. Despite doing most of apprentice levels with every character. Still no level 6 traps either. But meh, it's fun so.

• Like 1

There's a trap that takes up a massive space 4x4 I think, and it's free to place [purple rarity; epic? idk] and enemies killed on it drop more coins. It was being sold for 2k skulls today, I think time already ran out for it.

I do wonder if selling/replacing things would count. I haven't tried it, but there's ingame trackers for all trophies and ingame achievements. [though the "kill 30 enemies within 1s" type things don't have your highest "attempt" in them, as you'd expect them to; might be a glitch not sure] So someone could try. If I remember I'll try it out in endless and see what happens.

Edited by Elvick_

I attempted it, and it seems to work. Went up 1%, and the result page showed I bought 300+ traps. You can only sell during the go phase, so not sure how effective this would be to do. But I guess if you just do it constantly during every go phase after properly building things, then it'll start to add up. I should have checked the coin marker as well, but forgot. But given it's far higher of a number, I doubt I'd see an increase.

I don't know why they went with a percentage based tracking. I forgot they did it that way.

Sooo I'm a little confused about this. Are coins the currency I use to place traps? That's all I'm wondering, the term coins is misleading to me only because the icon on the HUD doesn't look like a proper coin lol... to me at least. 

7 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

Sooo I'm a little confused about this. Are coins the currency I use to place traps? That's all I'm wondering, the term coins is misleading to me only because the icon on the HUD doesn't look like a proper coin lol... to me at least. 

Yes. It is what is used to place traps. 

On 2017-08-02 at 9:56 PM, kmosesltd said:

For proof, just look at the trap list and you'll see Coin Forge which gives you more coins when you kill enemies on it.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2017 at 1:56 AM, kmosesltd said:

That's what I was wondering too. It seems we got a definitive answer now.

On 8/4/2017 at 8:28 AM, Elvick_ said:

For proof, just look at the trap list and you'll see Coin Forge which gives you more coins when you kill enemies on it.

Coin forge? I've never heard of that, I'm trying to find it and can't seem to locate it lol. 

*EDIT* I found the coin forge trap, now I just need to acquire it somehow lol

Edited by kmosesltd

On 2017-08-07 at 0:22 PM, kmosesltd said:

Coin forge? I've never heard of that, I'm trying to find it and can't seem to locate it lol. 

*EDIT* I found the coin forge trap, now I just need to acquire it somehow lol

Check the daily deals in the shop (for skulls) that's where I saw it for the first time. Might be easier if you've got the spare (2k iirc) skulls for it vs hoping it drops.

Very useful trick I stumbled on while playing survival with dobbin, I had reached my max traps and was sitting on 50k~ gold. As the waves climbed and climbed I died and when you die if you hit triangle and use the quick respawn it'll eat up a lot of that extra gold. It also counts as gold spent. I made it to wave 18 on that survival run and ended up with 160k~ coin earned and got the one trophy and I had also spent about 155k~ of it in the coin spent stat. So there's definitely a way to get more than the 20-40k a level spent if you feel like grinding out survival with dobbin. I got that much coin by leveling up his coin bag skills and using a coin forge right at the gate on baths and killing on top of it and had a maze of barricades running behind it. It's still going to be an incredibly long grind but getting 100-150k a run is a lot better than 20-40k a run.

10 hours ago, lurch_9944 said:

Very useful trick I stumbled on while playing survival with dobbin, I had reached my max traps and was sitting on 50k~ gold. As the waves climbed and climbed I died and when you die if you hit triangle and use the quick respawn it'll eat up a lot of that extra gold. It also counts as gold spent. I made it to wave 18 on that survival run and ended up with 160k~ coin earned and got the one trophy and I had also spent about 155k~ of it in the coin spent stat. So there's definitely a way to get more than the 20-40k a level spent if you feel like grinding out survival with dobbin. I got that much coin by leveling up his coin bag skills and using a coin forge right at the gate on baths and killing on top of it and had a maze of barricades running behind it. It's still going to be an incredibly long grind but getting 100-150k a run is a lot better than 20-40k a run.

Use the coin forge at the end of a kill box, get a combo going than kill on top of the forge for even more coin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a heads up that the way guardians work now will help with this. You can now place unlimited amounts of them. Goes from the first being free, to 250 - 500 - 1000 - 2000 - 4000, after that I'm not sure. My game crashed in my endless where I actually hit the 4k, so wasn't able to see where it went from there. But that will probably help speed this up, as long as you can get the coin to keep putting them up. On Rift Lord, or endless they'll die pretty quickly. And some of the maps just have a lot of spots for them by default, like Orcatraz or Crogon Keep.

Dobbin or Midnight would probably be good to use for that, along with some equipment that boosts your coin earnings through combos, or the one that gives 250 each new wave (or multiples). Don't use any discounts. Not sure how long you can hold out like that, but you can certainly spend quite a bit using v.tar, brimstone, ballista spam.

iirc there was a weekly quest that started you with full coin to do a load out. Next time that rolls around, I would think that's probably a good method to use to grind this. Use the most expensive stuff out of the way then just lose. Repeat. I assume a lost game saves your progress at least. Even if not, just winning would still be quick the par times for those are usually around 6 minutes.

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2017 at 8:18 PM, Elvick_ said:

Just a heads up that the way guardians work now will help with this. You can now place unlimited amounts of them. Goes from the first being free, to 250 - 500 - 1000 - 2000 - 4000, after that I'm not sure. My game crashed in my endless where I actually hit the 4k, so wasn't able to see where it went from there. But that will probably help speed this up, as long as you can get the coin to keep putting them up. On Rift Lord, or endless they'll die pretty quickly. And some of the maps just have a lot of spots for them by default, like Orcatraz or Crogon Keep.

Guardians continue to double in cost: 8k, 16k, 32k, 64k, and so forth.