Weapon glitch

I was at last level of my first playthrough and I got a glitch in 2 of my weapons, Holo Shield Glove and Rift Inducer, the icons in weapons menu were changed with a white square and a yellow "R" and their names were changed. When I select one of these weapons the game crash. I can't get the trophy "Omega Man" and the Platinum.

Someone else got this glitch? Is there a solution besides to start a new game? I tried to use debug mode to disable these weapons but I have started my second playthrough and when I buy a Mega version of these weapons they still disabled, usind debug mode again the weapons still glitched.

• Like 1

Never heard of this glitch for PS2 or PS3. Try the usual methods...

- save to a different save file and then load a prior save file from before the glitch 

- Backup your saves with USB or PS Plus cloud save

- Uninstall game, reinstall without the internet and try ut without updates.

- install updates and try again.

• Like 1

Thanks.

The first method it is impossible, I don't have a previous save before the glitch.

I did I little research and I found out one or two cases, apparently if you enter in debug mode and disable the weapon and buy again it works but I think this works only in first playthrough. 

I will try the other 3 methods and I will post here if it works.

On 27/07/2017 at 10:53 PM, GonzoWARgasm said:

Best of luck mate 

Fortunately it is the best in the series... Restarting from the beginning won't be too much of a drag!

In my opinion Going Commando is the best in the series.

I had no luck, the solution was in start a new game.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Unfortunately, this glitch happened to me too. On my 1st playthrough, I was grinding all remaining weapons to Lv. 5 on Koros & after a while, a yellow "PARADOX ERR" massage started popping. I didn't pay too much attention to it. When I started Challenge mode, I checked my weapons & noticed that Vortex Cannon became Master Plan. I tried selecting it & the game crashed. I tried Debug mode & that also didn't work, 'cos you can remove glitched weapons from the list & if you add them back in, weapons will remain glitched. Also you can't repurchase them again. Now I'm forced to play the game from the beginning, 'cos I didn't make a back up save.

EDIT: Fixed typos & added additional info.

Edited by kenseizenkai