PSNProfiles had a facelift!

Sly Ripper

Being able to sort and filter trophies at the top is awesome, and the trophy advisor is great too.

A couple of niggles for me: Personally I preferred the darker theme, but as long as it works I'm happy.The highlighted blue/green backgrounds on completed games need to be darker as I can't tell that they're highlighted at all anymore without tilting my monitor. I also preferred the old user info strip on the header as it made the number of platinums more obvious. Now they're a little tucked away and it's not immediately clear which games have them.

All in all, definitely an improvement. Great work Sly.

• Like 2

It really looks great. Some small (tiny) changes would be nice for example:

#1 Background for plats is very bright so it is hard to notice that colour.

#2 In Leaderboard when You put the player name the red "X" is shown, could it be a little higher ;) About 2 - 3 px to be exact. I know who cares? I do.

#3 In last layout there were DLC for some games. Now in GTA IV or Burnout Paradise all trophies are in basic game. There are no DLC boundaries, do you know what I mean?

Everything else looks fine for now.

I think it's the absence of contrast that the old theme had. The green/blue highlights showed up well against a darker background and looked perfect on my monitor but now they look almost white.

The green and blue is lighter now, if they look white then your contrast is set too high.

#2 In Leaderboard when You put the player name the red "X" is shown, could it be a little higher ;) About 2 - 3 px to be exact. I know who cares? I do.

#3 In last layout there were DLC for some games. Now in GTA IV or Burnout Paradise all trophies are in basic game. There are no DLC boundaries, do you know what I mean?

This X?

qgo8.png

Looking good with the update Sly.

Just one question....the pages used to show the amount of total possible trophies that could be earned with all the started games....is that stat still there? And if so, where would it be, as I cannot find it :(

Kind of, it shows how many trophies you don't have now with the "unearned trophies" stat.

The green and blue is lighter now, if they look white then your contrast is set too high.

I've changed the contrast from 50 to minimum which is 40 and still there is no change in the background difference. It is to bright / similar to white and that is why it is hard to see the difference. Contrast is not the problem Sly. If You can try to put some darker colour and we will test it :D

Yes that "x". I don`t know why but it is lower in my chrome browser :/ 2 px would do fine but if it`s only my problem than leave it.

Edited by Zoltek84
  • Like 2

One word : nice

Possible bug :

Some games with plats are listed in imcomplete section:

Dragon age : origin

Dragon age 2

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

Dungeon siege 3

Little big planet 2

Unless it only counts 100% as complete, i'd say it's a bug. otherwise i'd ask plats to be added to complete list instead.

Or maybe i need to earn a trophy for it to fix itself?

i think i have the same problem to with that "x", its lower in my chrome browser also

Edited by CrashTV-XHess

I've changed the contrast from 50 to minimum which is 40 and still there is no change in the background difference. It is to bright / similar to white and that is why it is hard to see the difference. Contrast is not the problem Sly. If You can try to put some darker colour and we will test it :D

Yes that "x". I don`t know why but it is lower in my chrome browser :/ 2 px would do fine but if it`s only my problem than leave it.

Trust me. Use a smartphone and you'll see the difference, their screens are calibrated.

As you've probably seen already, the main site has received a new look. Here's a quick overview of what's changed:

• The page is wider and offers more room for information.
  • Ordering and filtering options have been improved on a number of pages.
  • Profiles have infinite scrolling, when a profile is loaded only 100 games are listed, as you scroll down the page more will be loaded.
  • "Trophy Advisor" lists unearned trophies, a good way to see which trophies to go for.
  • Gaming Sessions had a big overhaul, it's way easier to see session information.
  • Profile and game navigation is up the top and not our of site

Every page is redesigned so go take a look around. The forums will be updated at a later date.

If you find any bugs post information below, they'll be fixed quickly. If you have any constructive criticism, post that too.

Enjoy.

OMG Sly........its........its..........FRICKIN BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am truly impressed. Wow.....just wow! :D

i think i have the same problem to with that "x", its lower in my chrome browser also

I've just tested it in iE10, FF19 and the latest Chrome dev, it's fine in all of them. You might have a cached file somewhere. IS it the same X that you see as in the image I posted or is it a different one?

Trust me. Use a smartphone and you'll see the difference, their screens are calibrated.

Maybe but I don't use phone to browse web. If you think it is ok than leave it but if one day you will check it on you PC and you'll find it not working as well as on your smartphone I'll be there to remind you your own words :P Just kidding.

About that "x" on opera browser it works fine so the problem is in chrome only (didn't check firefox).

• Like 1

Maybe but I don't use phone to browse web. If you think it is ok than leave it but if one day you will check it on you PC and you'll find it not working as well as on your smartphone I'll be there to remind you your own words :P Just kidding.

About that "x" on opera browser it works fine so the problem is in chrome only (didn't check firefox).

I've checked it on multiple screens, it's fine if your contrast is set correctly.