PSNProfiles had a facelift!

Sly Ripper

I wasn't sure about the new look at first glance, but now i've decided i rather like it :P it will take some getting used to though.

I like our big header image and the Trophy Advisor is a great addition, the only thing i'd like would be more definition between games that have plat and games that don't, but i think some people have already said that. I also can't find the part where you can view your friends, unless i'm just being stupid, or maybe it's gone :hmm:

Anyways, it's still my favourite here :wub: I'm a fan, great job on everything, and i finally upgraded to premium for liiiife, woo :yay:

• Like 1

Nice work as usual Sly. Appreciate all the time and love you give this site. The wider display will take some getting used to, but for now it seems easier on the eyes. Looks great in landscape mode on my phone too. Some have mentioned an option to switch to the compact view - I could take it or leave it.

Some of my thoughts...

1. In my opinion, the brushed metal background on the forums here provides much better contrast with the profile page than the new spackled background.
  2. Infinite scrolling is pretty neat. The developer in me wants to know if has any significant effect on page loads from a server standpoint.
  3. Can you provide the minimum dimensions of the new header images? Looks like many of them will have to be redone as they are a bit blurry from being enlarged.
  4. I prefer the older completion percentage bar to the new blue one.
  5. Love the new sorting options.
  6. My screen is calibrated fine (I process a lot of digital photos) and I can clearly see the difference between the green, blue, and white for each game. However, I still think the blue could be just a shade or two darker. The green looks fine.
  7. Finally... the font for site logo on the top left corner just isn't working for me. The old one (with the encircled trophy) looked much better.

Anyways... just my two cents. Your efforts here are why I keep coming back. Great work.

• Like 1

One last thing... for games with missing trophy images, there isn't a default image anymore.

See 4 trophies at the bottom of this list: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1446-Max-Payne-3/simula67

EDIT: This looks like it's on my end. Looks fine on one computer and messed up on another. Probably just need to reset my cache.

Edited by simula67

I love the new facelift! I am a big fan of the fact that you guys chose to go ahead of the curve and make a much wider, more modern look for the site to appeal to modern screen resolutions (all other site width standards are starting to look small, this one looks perfect now). For those saying they have to scroll left and right to see everything now.... lol.... I think you guys should up your resolutions to something... modern. 800x600 and similar resolutions isn't exactly the standard anymore. I also love the trophy adviser too, that's actually a really awesome tool.

HOWEVER, I think the logo is extremely plan now using just plain Ariel text and no symbol to represent the website. Also, about the new light-blues used with the game completion statuses, it's a nice touch but it's a tough argument to say that it is people's contrast when I can see the light-blue on my iPhone, but BARELY against the dark-grays and I can also see it on my laptop, but again, barely against the grays. It is unmistakably very very light and almost unnoticeable if you don't actually look for it and the fact that I am using devices of proper contrast and it's still tough to see means that you guys may want to make the blues a but darker to appeal to a universal userbase who may have different screen settings than your own, it's just safer to do so if you'd want people to take notice to the feature.

EDIT: I also gotta agree when simula67 says, "the brushed metal background on the forums here provides much better contrast with the profile page than the new spackled background." The same foreground color and the same background color basically has never been the best look.

Edited by BlindMango

Nice update!

However, I noticed a bug:

In a gaming session, the trophy links are wrong.

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Go to https://psnprofiles.com/gaming-sessions/1458-WipEout-HD

2. Press the Bling Brigade trophy link.

3. You will end up at https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/36-WipEout-HD/, which is not the trophy.

What is the expected output?

I expect to end up at https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/36-WipEout-HD/33-Bling-Brigade

When selecting the Completed sorting in the profile it should only show games that are 100% (rank S). Now it appears to also show the games with the Platinum achieved even though it's not 100%. Or make a separate sorting option just for 100%. Thank you!

Nice work as usual Sly. Appreciate all the time and love you give this site. The wider display will take some getting used to, but for now it seems easier on the eyes. Looks great in landscape mode on my phone too. Some have mentioned an option to switch to the compact view - I could take it or leave it.

Some of my thoughts...

1. In my opinion, the brushed metal background on the forums here provides much better contrast with the profile page than the new spackled background.
  2. Infinite scrolling is pretty neat. The developer in me wants to know if has any significant effect on page loads from a server standpoint.
  3. Can you provide the minimum dimensions of the new header images? Looks like many of them will have to be redone as they are a bit blurry from being enlarged.
  4. I prefer the older completion percentage bar to the new blue one.
  5. Love the new sorting options.
  6. My screen is calibrated fine (I process a lot of digital photos) and I can clearly see the difference between the green, blue, and white for each game. However, I still think the blue could be just a shade or two darker. The green looks fine.
  7. Finally... the font for site logo on the top left corner just isn't working for me. The old one (with the encircled trophy) looked much better.

Anyways... just my two cents. Your efforts here are why I keep coming back. Great work.

2. Only milliseconds, it removes the recent trophies/milestones/rarest trophies queries.

3. 1222x350

I'm running 1366x768 with the same problem.

Zooming out is working fine for now though.

The whole page is 1222px wide so it will fit in your resolution with a gap on both sides. Right click your desktop and go to screen resolution, make sure you're actually using that one.

• Like 1

Wow the site looks all shiny and new. GREAT WORK!!!

Love the "Trophy Advisor" as well, it's a handy roadmap :yay:

I do wish that the colour difference (white - blue) between plated and non-plated games would be a bit more easy to see, but this maybe has to do with my screen (or eyes :rolleyes: )

I love it. As a perfectionist myself, I love how you took care of every single detail, style, image, filtering, option, it's all there and as best as it can be. I thought the site was great already, but now it goes even beyond that.

I have a few little issues/suggestions/questions as well though:

1) In the Profile view, I liked it more when it said "Earned x of x possible trophies" rather than "x Unearned trophies". If you don't think "Earned trophies" would make sense as it's already stated above the Cover Image, then don't put either of them. I don't think the unearned stat should show up as a "main stat" in the main bar at all. It's more a thing for the trophy log/advisor.

2) In the Trophy Log, there's a number displaying along with the filtering options for Rarity and Type. Why not for Trophies (Earned/Unearned)? Also when you switch to Trophy Advisor (unearned) it appears that the numbers don't show up at all for any option.

3) Why not put numbers along with every filtering option in every page? (some other user mentioned this too)

4) Before, in the Game Pages, DLC packs trophies would show up separatedly from the the other trophies, when the order option was XMB/Default, now they show up all together (some other user mentioned this too)

5)

I'd still prefer a platinum trophy image to the left of the trophy progress bar for every game in which you've earned one. There was room before, and now with the wide layout there is even more room.

I agree. To be honest I don't see the purpose in the "ranks" either, we already have the percentage bar after all... just a platinum icon near the percentage bar would do.

6) Games with Platinum but not 100% appear both as Completed and Not Completed.

7) Some games have 0% earned stat in all trophies (some other user mentioned this too)

8) Question... what is the "gap" time exactly that appears when viewing trophies for a certain game for a certain user?

All in all, amazing work!

Edited by AndyBadwool

I love it. As a perfectionist myself, I love how you took care of every single detail, style, image, filtering, option, it's all there and as best as it can be. I thought the site was great already, but now it goes even beyond that.

I have a few little issues/suggestions/questions as well though:

1) In the Profile view, I liked it more when it said "Earned x of x possible trophies" rather than "x Unearned trophies". If you don't think "Earned trophies" would make sense as it's already stated above the Cover Image, then don't put either of them. I don't think the unearned stat should show up as a "main stat" in the main bar at all. It's more a thing for the trophy log/advisor.

2) In the Trophy Log, there's a number displaying along with the filtering options for Rarity and Type. Why not for Trophies (Earned/Unearned)? Also when you switch to Trophy Advisor (unearned) it appears that the numbers don't show up at all for any option.

3) Why not put numbers along with every filtering option in every page? (some other user mentioned this too)

4) Before, in the Game Pages, DLC packs trophies would show up separatedly from the the other trophies, when the order option was XMB/Default, now they show up all together (some other user mentioned this too)

5)

I agree. To be honest I don't see the purpose in the "ranks" either, we already have the percentage bar after all... just a platinum icon near the percentage bar would do.

6) Games with Platinum but not 100% appear both as Completed and Not Completed. See here with my Fifa 10 https://psnprofiles.com/AndyBadwool

7) Some games have 0% earned stat in all trophies (some other user mentioned this too)

8) Question... what is the "gap" time exactly that appears when viewing trophies for a certain game for a certain user?

All in all, amazing work!

2 & 3. Because it takes extra queries just to find the numbers.

4. Coming soon

6. Fixed

7. Fixes on its own

8. Gap between first and latest trophy.

2 & 3. Because it takes extra queries just to find the numbers.

4. Coming soon

6. Fixed

7. Fixes on its own

8. Gap between first and latest trophy.

2&3 I understand, makes sense. Would be extra-cool if it was possible though!

6. I think you should fix it the other way around.. as in.. Platinum but not 100% should be Not completed. That's the way I think it should be at least.

Another suggestion.. When comparing trophies between two users... You could have a filtering option for "All games" - "Shared games" (games both of the players own)

First time saying anything here, on a site that's pretty amazing, to note that you've made a lot of improvements in the last six months or so Sly. Great work overall.

I do, however, wish that we had Platinum symbol somewhere, or a 100%, like we did before the major uplife. I also liked the darker color scheme from the pre-overhaul look. Maybe an option to have a dark style for your own page? But the symbols for Plat/100% would be great to have again. It's easier to scroll through those than look at the S ranks and percentages.

Overall, this is great. Trophy Advistor is perfect!

• Like 3

First time saying anything here, on a site that's pretty amazing, to note that you've made a lot of improvements in the last six months or so Sly. Great work overall.

I do, however, wish that we had Platinum symbol somewhere, or a 100%, like we did before the major uplife. I also liked the darker color scheme from the pre-overhaul look. Maybe an option to have a dark style for your own page? But the symbols for Plat/100% would be great to have again. It's easier to scroll through those than look at the S ranks and percentages.

Overall, this is great. Trophy Advistor is perfect!

We never have had symbols, it's been a green/blue BG for about a year.