PSNProfiles had a facelift!

Sly Ripper

You're not supposed to set the contrast as low as it will go. You should set it so white is white and the blue is blue. If the blue is white then your contrast is too high or your monitor is crap.

Darker colours = ugly.

I'll add an option to have ugly ass bars on the side but the colors are not changing.

What I meant is that I've set the contrast as low as is possible without screwing the colours up. It only goes down to about 40 before things start looking very off, yet the green and blue backgrounds are still too light. I can see the colours, but have to look very hard to notice the mid-list platinums on people's pages.

Ugly ass bars could work.

Ragowit: Great job!

Edited by R17L29XI

You're not supposed to set the contrast as low as it will go. You should set it so white is white and the blue is blue. If the blue is white then your contrast is too high or your monitor is crap.

Darker colours = ugly.

I'll add an option to have ugly ass bars on the side but the colors are not changing.

Set the monitor like you said but is impossible to see that RGB colour coded 241 245 253 is really blue. It is to close to white 255 255 255 and setting the monitor to see that they are not the same will change other websites. Could You please change the blue colour for a while to 230 230 253 then we will see is it better or not.

And please Sly, I really respect what you are doing here, it is a great site and I know you put a lot of work and your time to make it better but please don`t tell me one more time to do something with my stuff just to have this site looking better and other look like crap.

Edited by Zoltek84

Set the monitor like you said but is impossible to see that RGB colour coded 241 245 253 is really blue. It is to close to white 255 255 255 and setting the monitor to see that they are not the same will change other websites. Could You please change the blue colour for a while to 230 230 253 then we will see is it better or not.

And please Sly, I really respect what you are doing here, it is a great site and I know you put a lot of work and your time to make it better but please don`t tell me one more time to do something with my stuff just to have this site looking better and other look like crap.

This is exactly what the wrong contrast setting/crap hardware will do.

230 230 253 = violet/purple

This is exactly what the wrong contrast setting/crap hardware will do.

230 230 253 = violet/purple

lol, THAT shows up purple for you? Daaaang! http://www.colorcodehex.com/e6e6fd/ The RGB model here shows that Red and Green are equal, and that blue exceeds R & G, which means that the color should be mainly blue, with nearly equal, but lower red and green mixed, which results in a middle-to-light blue, definitely not purple. As I scroll down, all I see is blue, blue, blue, blue in all of the shades and schemes. Yeah, I think your monitor settings may be severely wrong, if your contrast is correct, maybe your color, tint, or temperature may be different than all of the devices with their default settings and that everyone else seems to be using in this thread, lol, again, you don't have to adjust for a universal set of devices and settings if you don't want to, as it's just a color, however the feature wont be getting noticed by many people now. Does this link show up purple for anyone else?? I'm seriously curious about this!

EDIT: I visited http://www.color-hex.com/color/e6e6fd and all I see are blue shades, with the website even stating "Color #e6e6fd contains mostly BLUE color"

EDIT 2: This website http://www.omiod.com...ors/?rgb=e6e6fd also states "This color is a vivid very light kind of blue"

Edited by BlindMango

I personally preferred the old look, but this new look is far more user-friendly and more in-depth in means of stats and such. Despite saying I like the old look over the current, I care more about a site's ease of use than it's overall appearance (as long as the appearance seems to fit with the site's intended purpose, which in PSNP's case, it does). I'm not sure of the point of the 'Trophy Advisor' page though, what purpose does it serve? To me, it only looks like it's showing me all of the trophies I'm missing.

• Like 1

I'm not sure of the point of the 'Trophy Advisor' page though, what purpose does it serve? To me, it only looks like it's showing me all of the trophies I'm missing.

It lists them in "easiest" to obtain. This is for people that feel like trophy hunting and don't really know what game they want to tackle or trophy to go for.

lol, THAT shows up purple for you? Daaaang! http://www.colorcodehex.com/e6e6fd/ The RGB model here shows that Red and Green are equal, and that blue exceeds R & G, which means that the color should be mainly blue, with nearly equal, but lower red and green mixed, which results in a middle-to-light blue, definitely not purple. As I scroll down, all I see is blue, blue, blue, blue in all of the shades and schemes. Yeah, I think your monitor settings may be severely wrong, if your contrast is correct, maybe your color, tint, or temperature may be different than all of the devices with their default settings and that everyone else seems to be using in this thread, lol, again, you don't have to adjust for a universal set of devices and settings if you don't want to, as it's just a color, however the feature wont be getting noticed by many people now. Does this link show up purple for anyone else?? I'm seriously curious about this!

EDIT: I visited http://www.color-hex.com/color/e6e6fd and all I see are blue shades, with the website even stating "Color #e6e6fd contains mostly BLUE color"

EDIT 2: This website http://www.omiod.com...ors/?rgb=e6e6fd also states "This color is a vivid very light kind of blue"

What monitor are you using?

I don't see any problems with colors at all - they're easily distinguished on any display (even on the cheapest ones).

There's small problem with Opera - http://firepic.org/images/2013-02/09/ocj7wto4njzy.png (bars are not round on the left side). Dunno if you care, since it's quite unpopular everywhere.

Also hope DLC separation and cheater reporting are coming soon...

I don't see any problems with colors at all - they're easily distinguished on any display (even on the cheapest ones).

There's small problem with Opera - http://firepic.org/i...cj7wto4njzy.png (bars are not round on the left side). Dunno if you care, since it's quite unpopular everywhere.

Also hope DLC separation and cheater reporting are coming soon...

That's a bug in Opera.

What monitor are you using?

I have looked at this on my XPS 14 Laptop, my iPhone 5 (which supposedly meets some kind of quality accurate standard for saturation and color settings so I've heard), my brother's Windows 8 Phone, my moms laptop, my dads laptop, my desktop TV which is hooked up to my 42 inch HDTV, my friends Android, my friends Mac, and ALL of these devices show the same exact, light blue color on your website and the same darker blue color that people are recommending in this forum, nowhere close to purple is being shown for 230 230 253 on all of these devices, every last one of these devices are matched in color and that's the issue as far as a universal standard for the website, your monitor may in fact be the only monitor in the world with correct contrast, but as far as all of these other devices go, they are showing an almost non-noticeable light-blue.

Again, we can all see the differences here if we squint and focus at it, lol, but that's partly because we already knew about it, it is so light that newcomers will not notice it because it basically blends with the grays. There is no seriously distinguishable difference, people will pick it up as being part of the color pattern than they will pick it up as being an indicator of 100%/Platinum. It is blue, but extremely light blue, and as others say, only needs to be upped one or two notches to be noticeable.

Edited by BlindMango

I have looked at this on my XPS 14 Laptop, my iPhone 5 (which supposedly meets some kind of quality accurate standard for saturation and color settings so I've heard), my brother's Windows 8 Phone, my moms laptop, my dads laptop, my desktop TV which is hooked up to my 42 inch HDTV, my friends Android, my friends Mac, and ALL of these devices show the same exact, light blue color on your website and the same darker blue color that people are recommending in this forum, nowhere close to purple is being shown for 230 230 253 on all of these devices, every last one of these devices are matched in color and that's the issue as far as a universal standard for the website, your monitor may in fact be the only monitor in the world with correct contrast, but as far as all of these other devices go, they are showing an almost non-noticeable light-blue.

Again, we can all see the differences here if we squint and focus at it, lol, but that's partly because we already knew about it, it is so light that newcomers will not notice it because it basically blends with the grays. There is no seriously distinguishable difference, people will pick it up as being part of the color pattern than they will pick it up as being an indicator of 100%/Platinum. It is blue, but extremely light blue, and as others say, only needs to be upped one or two notches to be noticeable.

Blends with the greys in the zebra stripes?

GtEq.png

If the blue was darker then it will only blend more with the grey:

tml4.png

Blends with the greys in the zebra stripes?

GtEq.png

If the blue was darker then it will only blend more with the grey:

tml4.png

Both of these are very much the same visibility-wise, they are both obviously visible but very very light and not easily comparable at a quick glance like it was previously. It almost looks as if both of these colors are just the same distance from white, but a different temperature, the first blue being a cool temperature and the second blue just being a warm temperature of blue. I would recommend a darker, or a warmer shade of blue from the second one, the second one is a step in the right direction, but still seems to be the same lightness. I would probably say to have the shade of blue at the same intensity of the greens that are used to indicate a 100 percented PSN game.

If the second image is in fact just darker and not a different color temperature then just make it a little more darker, not by much,and you should get a good result for every screen out there =P

Edited by BlindMango

Hey sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but can someone please explain to me what the different font colors of peoples game's list means?

I've noticed some have dark red which I thought meant they were on the dirty list while mine is dark green which I thought meant I was on the clean list but I've also now seen other colors like blue and purplish. Is it just something you can set somewhere or does it actually mean something?

Green means it's 100% done: Blue means it's been platinumed but not 100%: The white and gray just distinguish rows: The red signifies that trophies for that game have been hacked by that user.

They asked about font colours not the bars and you're also not quite right with your explanation since blue is for titles with a platinum and it won't suddenly go green if 100% as they'll stay blue the titles that get a green bar are those without a platinum.

Hey sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but can someone please explain to me what the different font colors of peoples game's list means?

I've noticed some have dark red which I thought meant they were on the dirty list while mine is dark green which I thought meant I was on the clean list but I've also now seen other colors like blue and purplish. Is it just something you can set somewhere or does it actually mean something?

The font colours are the colour the user has on their profile on the PS3/Vita the fonts have nothing to do with dirty or clean players.

Edited by Kyouko_Sakura
  • Like 1

Everything looks clean & clear, nice job. Only thing that stands out to me is the border around the userbar at the top of the header image. But it may just be personal preference.

Overall i like the new look, also liked the old one. :)

Edited by mattmatt_