A note on Sadoi's end and some other trophy hints

For anyone else going for the platinum, I wanted to share my experiences.

There is a French trophy guide on PSTHC which give step by step decisions for each character ending. It is awesome, and helped me a lot. It works for the most part, except for Sadoi.

I found to get Sadoi's ending, you have to reject every other character except Chizuru, Sayuri and Shiga. And don't bring Chizuru on missions to be safe.

There are character flags, especially for Sayuri, Shiga, and Moichi. If you miss one of them, you cannot get their ending. I can confirm if you don't hug Mifune in the last chapter, you will not get her ending. Same for if you don't follow Shiga in chapter 12. You can be as nice to them as you want, but if you pick the wrong choices toward the end you get locked out of their end.

There seems to be a priority system for endings. If you trip all of Shiga's or Mifune's flags you are guaranteed their ending. Same with Moichi probably, and I'm pretty sure Kojirou too. However, I've gotten Yuki's ending while rejecting his sword twice, so even if in New Game Plus you do things that would cause you to fail to recruit a character you MIGHT still be able to get their ending. This means you absolutely should not bring anyone into battle whose ending you already have, even if you rejected them in the current playthrough. With collate level 20, affection is raised easily. Battling with a character (and them not dying) definitely raises affection and it seems proportional to the level of the fight. This is why Sadoi's ending is difficult. He is the only character who cannot fight with you. This means by taking anyone into battle, you risk losing his ending to someone else. The game also seems to think you don't want his ending, so puts it on low priority. Training with a character does not raise their affection. I have seen some evidence to suggest that if a character wins against the other players in hypernatural, their affection goes up, but  cannot say for sure. So the only way to get Sadoi to like you is by talking to him.

I got Sadoi's ending by never inviting anyone else to battle (except Shiga since you can force his ending away with the wrong dialog), only talking to him between chapters, (and every chapter). I cannot confirm whether you have to tell him he's alive in the hospital to get his end or not, but the PSTHC guide suggests telling him he's dead is automatic grounds to lock you out of his ending.

Sometimes for the final battle Moichi will show up because his affection is highest, but you did not trip his flags, so you may get a different ending. So complete the game even if the wrong character shows up to fight alongside you. You might have their ending anyway. Moichi is the one who showed up for Chizuru's and Sadoi's endings as well for me.

Other trophies different from the original game are Don't Cross the Streams where you only need to go into debt once to get it. All Work and No Play you have to win in 1 minute, not less than 5. This is actually pretty easy and happens often later in the game. Also, a useful hint, playing Hypernatural and getting 50 wins should give you enough TP to level up the Collate, Haggle and other skills you need for trophies enough to not have to grind battles.

I'm happy to answer questions about trophies for this game for as long as I remember how I did it. Two endings left for me to do, Moichi and Iku.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I've finally gotten back into the swing of this game and got a few questions, 

1. Any tips for leveling up and getting better gear? 
  2. Any tips for the final boss?
  3. Is there a order you'd recommend doing the endings in?

1. The lottery is really the best place to get better gear. Sometimes you get good drops on side missions or by training with someone on the bullitin board. There isn't a fast way to level, but you do actually gain experience by playing hypernatural, if you wanted to get that out of the way, and whoever delivers a killing blow in battle gets more experience. There's some stat that raises chances of rarer lottery drops- should be in the guide.

2. Final boss there is a trick- he predicts your moves perfectly. I used the exact same battle pattern to win each time, but it's hard to describe. Best description is get his attention, let him come to you. Hold still and attack- he always stops 1 spot in front of you. Then use your extra AP to move behind him and use a weapon with a critical hit. I used a bow of some sort (Mulberry bow?) and used an ability I learned from Tei that does 200% damage. It can only hit one square, but it's critical, 200% and from behind- massive damage. For phase 2 when you have all characters I used Shiga to get his attention and moved my main character to behind to get that 200% hit multiple times. The enemy icon lights up with the color of whatever character it's focusing on- took me a while to notice.

Also, it's a must to equip all characters with accessories that prevent sleep and paralysis. I used Mifune to attack at an angle so she never got critical, but also couldn't be hit. Hard to describe. Also don't forget to equip charms on your car- these help alot. I used the ones that boost ranged weapons attack, and health- i think i had a 50% health bonus. I also used boost agility (80%) and some blessing or status ailment charm. This way my main character always attacked first.

3. For ending order, I just followed the French guide. Moichi requires a playthru almost from beginning to end, so I'd recommend him for a second run, and I kept getting Yuki's end by accident so I ended up trying to choose every dialog option he hated to avoid that. So I'd refer to the guide- I will say that the endings I got by mistake, and therefore may be easier to get when you're going for someone else, are Kuki, Yuki and Kojirou. I also got Tei's end without following a guide, but I was aiming for it. So those I technically got without guide assistance.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Wish the trophies were same the original Tokyo Twilight. 

Hopefully Google Translate does a decent job,

Do you remember what transfers over in new game plus?

How many playthroughs did it take for you, did you use well placed saves like the guide says?

4 Chapters in, not sure If I want to restart.

24 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Wish the trophies were same the original Tokyo Twilight. 

Hopefully Google Translate does a decent job,

Do you remember what transfers over in new game plus?

How many playthroughs did it take for you, did you use well placed saves like the guide says?

4 Chapters in, not sure If I want to restart.

Google translate did a great job, I had no problems.

New game plus carries over at the very least, money, level, items and recruited characters. So if you see a daybreak episode you are doomed to repeat it no matter how mean you are to the characters required to view it. So you could deliberately avoid recruiting too many characters to make runs shorter if you want. But that would force more level grinding in the early stages.

I used well placed saves but as this forum post states I personally had a hard time with Sadoi so i had around 5 partial failed runs. It may work if you save BEFORE doing the 5 slime ghost fights like in the guide, but I’m not sure.

The good news is since so much carries over the first playthrough is the hardest, the second is moderate, and the rest you can breeze through without really paying attention. I had near level 99 by the time I was done. Because of this if you go for it I would recommend doing Moichi next since he needs his own full run and by that point you will be decently leveled to do strategic saves.

So to be clear, I wouldn’t start over, no. You won’t really be wasting too much time to do your first run however you like. I think when you’re uber leveled a whole run start to finish took 3-4 hoursish if i recall correctly.

Edited by KhajiitWerewolf
Formatting
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/12/2017 at 4:35 PM, KhajiitWerewolf said:

1. The lottery is really the best place to get better gear. Sometimes you get good drops on side missions or by training with someone on the bullitin board. There isn't a fast way to level, but you do actually gain experience by playing hypernatural, if you wanted to get that out of the way, and whoever delivers a killing blow in battle gets more experience. There's some stat that raises chances of rarer lottery drops- should be in the guide.

2. Final boss there is a trick- he predicts your moves perfectly. I used the exact same battle pattern to win each time, but it's hard to describe. Best description is get his attention, let him come to you. Hold still and attack- he always stops 1 spot in front of you. Then use your extra AP to move behind him and use a weapon with a critical hit. I used a bow of some sort (Mulberry bow?) and used an ability I learned from Tei that does 200% damage. It can only hit one square, but it's critical, 200% and from behind- massive damage. For phase 2 when you have all characters I used Shiga to get his attention and moved my main character to behind to get that 200% hit multiple times. The enemy icon lights up with the color of whatever character it's focusing on- took me a while to notice.

Also, it's a must to equip all characters with accessories that prevent sleep and paralysis. I used Mifune to attack at an angle so she never got critical, but also couldn't be hit. Hard to describe. Also don't forget to equip charms on your car- these help alot. I used the ones that boost ranged weapons attack, and health- i think i had a 50% health bonus. I also used boost agility (80%) and some blessing or status ailment charm. This way my main character always attacked first.

3. For ending order, I just followed the French guide. Moichi requires a playthru almost from beginning to end, so I'd recommend him for a second run, and I kept getting Yuki's end by accident so I ended up trying to choose every dialog option he hated to avoid that. So I'd refer to the guide- I will say that the endings I got by mistake, and therefore may be easier to get when you're going for someone else, are Kuki, Yuki and Kojirou. I also got Tei's end without following a guide, but I was aiming for it. So those I technically got without guide assistance.

I know it's been awhile, but do you remember what you did to get Kaede's ending? I only recruited her and denied everyone else from joining and took her on all main missions and still end up with Kojiro's ending at the end.

On 6/5/2020 at 6:03 PM, Fuyuaki618 said:

I know it's been awhile, but do you remember what you did to get Kaede's ending? I only recruited her and denied everyone else from joining and took her on all main missions and still end up with Kojiro's ending at the end.

Unfortunately I do not, I don't remember it giving me any trouble :( Kojiro did end up showing up a lot when I didn't want him to though. I'd recommend checking multiple guides for which answers she likes... don't take anyone else at all on your missions except required characters and her. Try to get her to deliver killing blows to ghosts - that's what raises affection, those experience points. Save before the final battle... if it's not her, grind with her on some missions and have her make as many killing blows as possible... rinse and repeat. It's my only advice unfortunately.

6 hours ago, KhajiitWerewolf said:

Unfortunately I do not, I don't remember it giving me any trouble :( Kojiro did end up showing up a lot when I didn't want him to though. I'd recommend checking multiple guides for which answers she likes... don't take anyone else at all on your missions except required characters and her. Try to get her to deliver killing blows to ghosts - that's what raises affection, those experience points. Save before the final battle... if it's not her, grind with her on some missions and have her make as many killing blows as possible... rinse and repeat. It's my only advice unfortunately.

Ah, I ended up being able to get it a few days ago! Me being the dummy I am, I was using the character related guides as a base since I started the game. (So for every character I started off with Sayuri's requirements and then branched off to the others' when the guide instructed me to. Instead I should've used the normal chapter walkthrough, in Sayuri's guide for chapter 6 it doesn't indicate that you need to use love + touch in a certain interaction for Kaede to get her ending requirements met, while it does say so in the general walkthrough. So the whole time, I wasn't even meeting her ending requirements! haha Thanks for replying even though it's been a long time since you've played and for all the tips!

• Like 1