Ps vita not charging.

SUPERVIRAL

Hello. So long ago my ps vita stop charging but it was because my charger was torn up so I bought a new one. It wasnt the original sony charger but it was a product called lnsten. I think that was back in January or or a little time before that. Now every time I try to charge my ps vita it doesn't charge. I tried to charge it using a pc but it blinks orange for a few minutes and then doesn't charge. I tried it with the ps3, ps4 and phone chargers but still no go. Now I was wondering is there something wrong with the charger itself or is it the vita. I'm starting to the think its the usb cable but I'm not sure. I even bought a ps vita portable charger to see if it would work but nothing happened. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by SUPERVIRAL

Which Vita is it? I have the original OLED one and it will only charge with the official charging adaptor (U bought a cheap replacement USB cable off ebay but the actual power-brick has to be the Sony one on my version) - This version of the Vita wont charge off anything else - or at least I've never been able to get it to charge off anything but the plug

12 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Which Vita is it? I have the original OLED one and it will only charge with the official charging adaptor (U bought a cheap replacement USB cable off ebay but the actual power-brick has to be the Sony one on my version) - This version of the Vita wont charge off anything else - or at least I've never been able to get it to charge off anything but the plug

Yes I also have the original and I also have the original sony powerbrick. I not sure if my power brick is messed up or its the sub cable. I bought the insten cable from Wal-Mart so idk.

13 minutes ago, turniplord said:

I have the white OLED one and I have been able to charge it with the official cable but without the power brick, through USB on a Laptop. 

19 minutes ago, turniplord said:

I have the original OLED one and it will only charge with the official charging adaptor

I'm not completely sure about this, because the original USB is freaking trash and I could break it just by looking it. People buys unofficial USB cables which are more resistant. I think the problem is not the USB cable but the battery. You could try to open your Vita and unplug the battery from the board. Leave it unplugged for at least 5 minutes and then plug it again. Try to charge it. This is a common solution and it works most of the time with calibration problems. If this doesn't work, then the battery could be dead. You could try some other things to check what could be wrong, like get someone with a functional Vita and exchange batteries to see if they charge in the other Vita. You could try cleaning the connector too. If nothing works... RIP.

Edited by Katt

Is opening up the vita hard? I hope my battery is not dead. Most times it charges enough to where it turns on but it doesn't charge after that. I'll try and but another charger and see if that works.

Do you think this one would work?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wall-Charger-Power-Adapter-for-Sony-PS-Vita-by-Mars-Devices/138864403?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1810&adid=22222222228048005631&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=146922615969&wl4=pla-258440319055&wl5=9027640&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113489790&wl11=online&wl12=138864403&wl13=&veh=sem

10 minutes ago, skateak said:

I have the white OLED one and I have been able to charge it with the official cable but without the power brick, through USB on a Laptop. 

How long does it take to charge it?

29 minutes ago, SUPERVIRAL said:

Is opening up the vita hard? I hope my battery is not dead. Most times it charges enough to where it turns on but it doesn't charge after that. I'll try and but another charger and see if that works.

Do you think this one would work?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wall-Charger-Power-Adapter-for-Sony-PS-Vita-by-Mars-Devices/138864403?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1810&adid=22222222228048005631&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=146922615969&wl4=pla-258440319055&wl5=9027640&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113489790&wl11=online&wl12=138864403&wl13=&veh=sem

How long does it take to charge it?

Not sure about through the PC since I rarely charge it that way but with the official charger it takes about 2 1/2 hours or so I would guess.

Edited by skateak

I also have the Oled, Original charger does not work for me. A $5 one from BIC in Tokyo works every time, I honestly think the port on the original ps vita is pretty trashy. Maybe check that on the Vita? Love the screen but that charge port, it's horrible.

9 hours ago, SUPERVIRAL said:

Yes I also have the original and I also have the original sony powerbrick. I not sure if my power brick is messed up or its the sub cable. I bought the insten cable from Wal-Mart so idk.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/basic/charge.html

According to the official info online you can charge it via other devices like a PC but the Vita has to be fully turned off and not in standby mode - don't know how that works if it's died and hibernated? Maybe you need to get it to boot then fully turn it off or maybe hibernation is the same thing?

I got a cheap cable for mine as the original kinda snapped in half and it seems to be doing just fine so far. I would say ensure it is off and plug into a pc and leave it for a few hours - if it still wont come on then it's probably the battery or the cable. The cable is probably the cheapest to replace to test but the replacement batteries aren't that expensive wither on amazon or ebay - however replacing that is totally up to you

This charge cable has worked great with my Oled Vita 1000: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H020VUO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

However, I have never used the included adapter. I always use something designed to charge tablets, like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VH8ZW02/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You don't need the original cable or adapter, but there are junk cables out there. I think the adapter is often to blame though. Many of them don't have enough power to charge something like a Vita.

• 2 years later...

I need help, my PS Vita doesn't want to turn on. I recently bought a new charger because i thought that was the problem but it doesn't do anything not even an orange light but when i connect the charger to the vita and hold down the power button the orange light comes on for a few seconds then turn off i have the OLED vita pls help?

Edited by ASAP9577
Misspelled words