IDEA: Future Telltale games with trophies based on choices

gameoncomrade

For me the issue is that they aren't really enjoyable enough for a second playthrough. If the story were to change dramatically then yeah maybe i can understand but since its telltale it doesn't really. So like a second or third playthrough would be super boring. I dunno. Maybe there are games i haven't played yet that were good enough for a second run.

• Like 1

I don't like the idea of replaying to make different choices for different trophies, partly because it defeats the point of the game being a story more than a game, but mostly because it would really highlight just how little difference the choices you make impact the game.  Do you abandon the woman at the side of the road?  If yes you never see her again, if no she drives off on her own 20 minutes later and you never see her again!

They could have a mini-game in each episode that earned a trophy, but even then you would end up reading a guide to avoid the missable trophies and accidentally learn stuff that is better revealed by just blindly playing through what is in effect an interactive movie.

Summa summarum, some people would like to have it implemented and some wouldn't. For the people who doesn't want to go through the entire game again: what if you would have the ability to rewind stories from different chapters and that would make you obtain the trophies automatically? Win-win. :)

I guess thread creator has not played many TTG games, because what they request was what they used to do with all of their games before TWD. They also did it with A Wolf Among Us, Minecraft Story Mode and the DLC for TWD1. In fact, it's a minority of their games that fits what they think is their usual.

I think people prefer not having to make specific choices, because this ruins the experience and people just end up using guides while they play through the game.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

On 8/13/2017 at 2:49 PM, MMDE said:

I guess thread creator has not played many TTG games, because what they request was what they used to do with all of their games before TWD. They also did it with A Wolf Among Us, Minecraft Story Mode and the DLC for TWD1. In fact, it's a minority of their games that fits what they think is their usual.

I guess you didn't read the opening comment through thoroughly then as I clearly stated that I have played all of Telltale's games, and that Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Minecraft SM are the kinds of games that had these miscellaneous trophies.

On 8/13/2017 at 2:49 PM, MMDE said:

I think people prefer not having to make specific choices, because this ruins the experience and people just end up using guides while they play through the game.

Hence, after you've completed the game

On 8/13/2017 at 1:58 PM, gameoncomrade said:

[...] what if you would have the ability to rewind stories from different chapters and that would make you obtain the trophies automatically? Win-win. :)

On 7/29/2017 at 9:58 AM, gameoncomrade said:

What if you got a trophy for bringing Christa and Omid along? Another trophy for Kenny and a third trophy for Ben? And even a fourth trophy for keeping all the characters close to you?

What do you think? I think you would in most cases be able to compare this suggestion, as to a possible course of action, to how it works throughout Until Dawn's trophy list.

Cheers!

I see what you saying and lots of gamers would be interested in such an idea. Especially when we do multiple playthroughs on different platforms. (Going to do my Wolf Amongst Us on VITA after getting the PS3 and PS4 plat)

For me personally the idea of changing the way Telltale does it's trophies should not change. Leave it like it is by the trophies popping just through gameplay.

Reason is sometimes I just want to get a platinum not worrying about any missable or collectible trophies and knowing the plat will come. 

Besides we won't be getting any Telltale games on PS3 or Vita anymore so my days of multiple playthroughs are done on Telltale

This would be very interesting, in my opinion it would be like Heavy Rain. I didn't have the patience to do that platinum, since we needed to finish 10 or 15 different endings (I don't really remember how much they were).

So yeah, even though it would be cool for us to enjoy these games more, it would be a pain to finish all the trophies, and not everyone is interested in replaying a choice's game over 10 times, just like me! :D

Edited by t-i-g-o

I don't like the idea, personally. Telltale games are bad for trophies in general. I hated the trophies back in the day (BTTF and especially Jurassic Park), and while I don't love them now, at least they don't intrude.

Telltale games don't really hold up to multiple playthroughs; the player is really only given the illusion of choice the vast majority of the time. Take TWD - sure, you might have an option to save one character or leave them to die, but much of the time, that character will just die, anyway. GoT might be an even better example - your choices have almost NO value in the overall tale told.

So, no, I hope they leave it the way it is.

I think that just results in frustration for most of the playerbase since those games are the exact same every time.

You can fight me on that but we all know that you can't decide shit that has meaning. If someone can die, he will die. Even if it's an hour later.

I love Telltale games, but I was always happy that I didn't had to do a forced second playthrough to click Square instead of Triangle at the right time. That is not really a creative or rewarding way to get a trophy. It's just a waste of everyones time.

I hated the Book of Fables crap in the Wolf Among Us.(Still loved the game though) You just replay certain scenes and wait for like 3-8 minutes to click a single button.

Quite the honorable plat dawg.

• Like 1