Survivor of the Center Trophy

The latest ARK patch has bought a new trophy called Survivor of the Center, which is meant to be unlocked when you defeat the Center bosses.

This trophy is currently unobtainable on Xbox and PS4 versions.  I've tested it out on the PS4 version this morning to little success - I beat the bosses in the gamma, alpha and beta arenas but no trophy.  I believe the trophy coding is also looking for you to defeat the Dragon, which hasn't actually been added as a boss on the Center yet :facepalm:

As a workaround, I tried to see if I could use an admin command to spawn the Dragon, but it appears that you cannot even spawn the Dragon in at all on the Center map.

So....unless someone finds a strategy or workaround for this, looks like we are stuck with an unachievable trophy for a while.

Edited by Mesopithecus

I'll look into it later today... we may just have to wait.

At least it's at the Center (haven't messed around there tbh), so that's cool with me. New bosses is also cool (you mentioned 4 bosses w/ the dragon, but only one trophy... wonder how it's going to work).

Shouldn't be something to worry about, looks like.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

The new map was delayed until 29th August

Fuck me, first they said sometime in July. Than they move it to August 8th for the big release of the game coming to disc format and now these fuckers delay it again. I mean I can't really be that mad as I'm the sucker who paid for essentially an "early access" game.

Just now, AydenBonnette said:

Fuck me, first they said sometime in July. Than they move it to August 8th for the big release of the game coming to disc format and now these fuckers delay it again. I mean I can't really be that mad as I'm the sucker who paid for essentially an "early access" game.

Yea was meant to be 4th of July originally, but it's been pushed back (along with the official full release)  Ragnarok is the only thing that has me still interested in ARK

1 minute ago, Mesopithecus said:

Yea was meant to be 4th of July originally, but it's been pushed back (along with the official full release)  Ragnarok is the only thing that has me still interested in ARK

Same here after being narcoed so many times online and having a lot of internet issues playing with my little brother we are only interested in finishing the trophies up and playing Ragnarok. I'll admit after all the frustrations seeing some Youtubers Let's Plays of it like Faceless have sparked my interest back into the game, but it's very little.

So, some positive news.  After tweet hounding one of the dev team regarding this trophy, I finally got a response today

"That should have been fixed as of the latest update on PS4 - all achievements should work. Xbox will get it in the next patch"

and then

"Was resolved in 510 IIRC.  Are you not seeing that? May be an issue in the backend.  I'll have someone check it out"

So the fact they are now aware of the issue and going to look into it is great news :D

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A new patch was released today v1.37 along side the physical release of the game. I tried again to get the trophy and yet again no luck. I tried looking into the patch notes to find anything and i had no luck but i did see post on twitter a dev saying all the trophies should be popping after these patches so maybe it will be fixed soon.

27 minutes ago, KobaltZero said:

A new patch was released today v1.37 along side the physical release of the game. I tried again to get the trophy and yet again no luck. I tried looking into the patch notes to find anything and i had no luck but i did see post on twitter a dev saying all the trophies should be popping after these patches so maybe it will be fixed soon.

I went through the patch notes on the Survive the Ark forums but couldn't see anything either relating to this trophy being fixed.  Hoping it will be fixed in a patch post release - I've opened a support ticket and been incessantly tweeting the devs but I guess they have bigger things to work on at the moment as they haven't got all the servers up yet for official release.  At least we get Ragnarok...and otters :facepalm:

So I've just been chatting to Studio Wildcard support about this issue and had the below response.

He also gave me a link to a bug report form to fill in that I recommend more people submit to bring the issue to the forefront

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...eFQ1A/viewform

Tobida (Ark)
Aug 29, 11:17 AM PDT

I did some digging myself just now, and it seems that although the achievement is there, but it is not patched in yet. I would suggest you keep an eye on the upcoming patch notes and see when it will be patched~ The patch notes can be found here:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?...g-patch-notes/

Edited by Mesopithecus

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

I went through the patch notes on the Survive the Ark forums but couldn't see anything either relating to this trophy being fixed.  Hoping it will be fixed in a patch post release - I've opened a support ticket and been incessantly tweeting the devs but I guess they have bigger things to work on at the moment as they haven't got all the servers up yet for official release.  At least we get Ragnarok...and otters :facepalm:

Ugh Ark has been such a pain. I will keep an eye out, i hope it comes soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This has been fixed in today's patch, just tested it myself and got the trophy.

You need to be on the Center map - if it's locked for you then you need to load up the Island and type the admin command:

cheat playercommand Ascend2

This will ascend you at Beta level and you'll be able to access the Center (and Ragnarok)

I changed my single player settings so my character had 10000000 damage, and enabled god mode and infinite stats when I loaded in.  Go to your nearest obelisk and spawn the items you need to enter - I only tested the alpha arena and not the other ones (you need to be level 90 to access the alpha arena) so they may still give the trophy.

These are the tribute requirements for the arena: https://ark.gamepedia.com/The_Center_Arena

cheat giveitemnum 152 1 1 0

cheat giveitemnum 148 1 1 0

cheat giveitemnum 150 1 1 0

cheat giveitemnum 149 1 1 0

cheat giveitemnum 154 1 1 0

cheat gfi artifact_12 1 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_argent 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_basil 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_megala 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_megalo 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_sauro 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_sarco 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_spino 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_thyla 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_boa 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_tuso 25 1 0

Transfer these items into the obelisk and press R2 on the alpha arena to load it.  Wait to load in, run up to the bosses, punch them in the toe and get the trophy :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

This has been fixed in today's patch, just tested it myself and got the trophy.

You need to be on the Center map - if it's locked for you then you need to load up the Island and type the admin command:

cheat playercommand Ascend2

This will ascend you at Beta level and you'll be able to access the Center (and Ragnarok)

I changed my single player settings so my character had 10000000 damage, and enabled god mode and infinite stats when I loaded in.  Go to your nearest obelisk and spawn the items you need to enter - I only tested the alpha arena and not the other ones (you need to be level 90 to access the alpha arena) so they may still give the trophy.

These are the tribute requirements for the arena: https://ark.gamepedia.com/The_Center_Arena

cheat gfi apexdrop_argent 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_basil 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_megala 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_megalo 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_sauro 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_sarco 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_spino 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_thyla 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_boa 25 1 0

cheat gfi apexdrop_tuso 25 1 0

Transfer these items into the obelisk and press R2 on the alpha arena to load it.  Wait to load in, run up to the bosses, punch them in the toe and get the trophy :)

Thank you, I can finally get this trophy!

It turns out that the trophy can be unlocked at gamma level, meaning that you don't have to spawn in so many items.  The codes you need to spawn the gamma items in are:

You can also use the command cheat kill on the bosses to unlock the trophy just fine.

• Like 1