Sundered tips

NaseemJohn

So I just got the platinum and ive decided to give you guys some quick tips that might help make things easier since the game can be pretty challenging. 

- Once you get to the first boss, I suggest destroying as many crystals as you can but don't kill the boss, instead die and by doing that you'll easily make at least 5k shards each time which is a lot at the start of the game. (Do this at every boss)

- Try to get all abilities as early as possible. This will help with the constant backtracking and traveling you have to do every time you die. 

- Once you're strong enough, go back to earlier areas and clear out mini bosses and hordes bosses for perks and upgraded ones.

- Destroying the crystals gives you insane amounts of shards to upgrade but also unlocks new skills which makes your character overpowered. (Good ending)

- Corrupting abilities by using the crystals gives better traversal powers. (Evil ending)

Anyone looking for an overpowered perk combination this one is a must. You can easily destroy enemies while staying alive for very long and get through the game without much trouble.

-Sharp edge (Increases melee damage but reduces health).

-Shield converter (Your maximum health is converted into shield but your health becomes 1) 

- Shield flasks (Increases your maximum health elixiirs by 3 but transforms them into shield elixirs) 

That's all I have for now. 

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 3

Saving all the shards until you have 7 definitely makes the game way harder. But I'd rather have one very hard play through than two semi difficult play throughs. I still haven't even beat the first boss or got all abilities yet. Trying to balance between 5 games is a challenge.

Also by crystals on the bosses, do you mean the purple things you have to break to kill them? I destroyed two on the first boss and only got about 1500 shards.

Edited by aZombieDictator

7 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Thx for the tips, one thing mate, talisman for the trophies, is only talisman you find on the map from the altars? another thing 500000 shards trophies came natural or you need to farm? 

The 500k shards will come naturally, all you need to do is basically upgrade everything on the skill tree and the trophy should be yours. If by talismans you mean perks then yes you get them from the altars although there's one that's hidden by the Cathedral. You can also get them by killing mini bosses

3 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Saving all the shards until you have 7 definitely makes the game way harder. But I'd rather have one very hard play through than two semi difficult play throughs. I still haven't even beat the first boss or got all abilities yet. Trying to balance between 5 games is a challenge.

Also by crystals on the bosses, do you mean the purple things you have to break to kill them? I destroyed two on the first boss and only got about 1500 shards.

Saving all Crystals does make things a bit harder but it's worth it in my opinion. And yes the purple spots on the bosses, upgrade the amount of shards you get from enemies and you'll obtain even more by doing that 

2 hours ago, tylerh1701 said:

It seems like I'm missing a lot of stuff, particularly in the Cathedral area. The map shows lots of doors I haven't gone through yet, but they all lead to cloudy death gas areas. Any way to clear that out so I can explore those areas? Thanks.

I don't know if you can clear them out but I got all those items after killing the boss of the area thinking it would help. There's some areas that show gas but you can still go there as long as you don't go too deep 

On 7/30/2017 at 0:47 PM, aZombieDictator said:

two full play through for me was was very enjoyable, I'm not balancing multiple games right now though. Very rewarding platinum trophy no matter how you do it though.

On 7/29/2017 at 7:40 PM, NaseemJohn said:

So I just got the platinum and ive decided to give you guys some quick tips that might help make things easier since the game can be pretty challenging. 

- Once you get to the first boss, I suggest destroying as many crystals as you can but don't kill the boss, instead die and by doing that you'll easily make at least 5k shards each time which is a lot at the start of the game. (Do this at every boss)

- Try to get all abilities as early as possible. This will help with the constant backtracking and traveling you have to do every time you die. 

- Once you're strong enough, go back to earlier areas and clear out mini bosses and hordes bosses for perks and upgraded ones.

- Destroying the crystals gives you insane amounts of shards to upgrade but also unlocks new skills which makes your character overpowered. (Good ending)

- Corrupting abilities by using the crystals gives better traversal powers. (Evil ending)

Anyone looking for an overpowered perk combination this one is a must. You can easily destroy enemies while staying alive for very long and get through the game without much trouble.

-Sharp edge (Increases melee damage but reduces health).

-Shield converter (Your maximum health is converted into shield but your health becomes 1) 

- Shield flasks (Increases your maximum health elixiirs by 3 but transforms them into shield elixirs) 

That's all I have for now cheers and I wish y'all goodluck :)

I had quite a bit of trouble with the full corruption end boss ( my last trophy for platinum ) until I tried this perk build. It certainly is OP and I overcame the boss first try after changing. Really appreciate the tip and recommend it to any who is struggling. Despite doing everything else in the game without it, i needed an edge at the end 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joejoe221 said:

two full play through for me was was very enjoyable, I'm not balancing multiple games right now though. Very rewarding platinum trophy no matter how you do it though.

I had quite a bit of trouble with the full corruption end boss ( my last trophy for platinum ) until I tried this perk build. It certainly is OP and I overcame the boss first try after changing. Really appreciate the tip and recommend it to any who is struggling. Despite doing everything else in the game without it, i needed an edge at the end 

Glad to see that it can help other people :)

5 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Platinum finally i'm done with this great but SUPER bugged game. 18 crash in total 

5 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Platinum finally i'm done with this great but SUPER bugged game. 18 crash in total 

I'm glad to be done as well, my game crashed upwards of 30 times. Still crashes after 1.06 update. Never during actual play though fortunately, just during loading. I would have been so mad to crash during a boss fight. 

Is there a third ending where you don't destroy all the Shards/consume all the shards?

I've only received the trophy for getting the Resist ending after that boss. I was expecting to also get a trophy for defeating the standard final boss along with it.

Oh, and the game crashed when I chose to skip the credits. Wonderful.