A platinum more people should go for

NaseemJohn

On my list of games i'd love to play as i love the old school fps games. But right now i need to finish yakuza 0 first. 100+ hours in and still stuck in chapter 7 or 8 because of all the things to do, so taking a break from it for now.

i think everyone is intimidated by the difficulty of a platinum trophy sometimes but i know, if it's a game i really want to play then it doesn't bother me. I love challenges.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

On my list of games i'd love to play as i love the old school fps games. But right now i need to finish yakuza 0 first. 100+ hours in and still stuck in chapter 7 or 8 because of all the things to do, so taking a break from it for now.

i think everyone is intimidated by the difficulty of a platinum trophy sometimes but i know, if it's a game i really want to play then it doesn't bother me. I love challenges.

Should definitely get back to it once you're ready. Not as intimidating as it seems. Only chapters I found challenging were 13-16

2 hours ago, REAPER4536 said:

I finished everything till 2nd last lvl ( that with the 4 waves) pretty quick but then died on Zilla ( the boss on 2nd last lvl) so I rage quitted for like a 3/4 year . Today I gave it another try and finally got the Platinum trophy :D

Congrats on the plat :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Should definitely get back to it once you're ready. Not as intimidating as it seems. Only chapters I found challenging were 13-16

Congrats on the plat :)

I will eventually. The only difficult thing so far was the mahjong minigame but i got that out of the way as soon as i could. Haven't progressed the story yet because everytime you move to a new chapter, you get a bunch of new substories or other stuff to do which takes up most of the time spent playing the game.

Just got the platinum. What a ride! OP has it right. More people should go for this platinum. Yes, heroic mode is absolutely fucking bonkers. You will die. A lot. You will get pissed off so bad after doing so well into a chapter only to get killed cheaply. But if you stick with it, it can be done!

Seriously I thought of throwing in the towel so many times but the game kept nagging at me. Makes Doom' s platinum seem timid. But if you're on the fence about 100% it, do it! It's my 43rd platinum and I can say it's easily in my top 5 most proud platinums. 

Now onto shadow warrior 2!

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, MagicSandwych said:

Workin on making it my 100th plat. Made it through the teleporting assholes and the shaman in Ch 8 finally today on my 3rd try. Seriously though, one of my favorite FPS games ever. 

Fastest way to get rid of those guys if I remember correctly is to use that frontwards stab with your sword. Just move around until it’s fully charged and hit em then back away, rinse and repeat. 

i bought it when it first came out, when a game is only 30$ brand new its kinda hit or miss. i had the original on pc as a kid so i thought id love this one. i unfortunately just couldnt get into it at all. i went back to it once and that didnt last long. and i realized i didnt like the game enough to even attempt the platinum. theres no way i would try to beat it on heroic. 

On 8/14/2017 at 5:34 AM, nikolistary said:

Just got the platinum. What a ride! OP has it right. More people should go for this platinum. Yes, heroic mode is absolutely fucking bonkers. You will die. A lot. You will get pissed off so bad after doing so well into a chapter only to get killed cheaply. But if you stick with it, it can be done!

Seriously I thought of throwing in the towel so many times but the game kept nagging at me. Makes Doom' s platinum seem timid. But if you're on the fence about 100% it, do it! It's my 43rd platinum and I can say it's easily in my top 5 most proud platinums. 

Now onto shadow warrior 2!

what was hard about doom? im not trying to mock you or anything just curious. i thought it was one of the more easier ones but everyone has different difficulties i understand that. the dlc on the other hand was a big time issue getting the armor and a real pain in the kisser lol.

• Like 1

Been at chapter 12 on Heroic mode since 2015, kept dying at the train section, but finally beat the chapter today and almost finished chapter 13, only to die because I accidentally fell of a ledge ... Fuuuu I´m so frustrated.

Edit:  

Attempted it again, and accidentally killed myself with a rocket launcher at the very last fight in the chapter on the very last warlord ( I wanted to finish him quick so I could head for the exit, but he slammed the ground so the screen was shaking and I think I fired a missile right on the ground in front of me  ....   so 2 hours wasted today.

Edited by Malik

11 minutes ago, Malik said:

Been at chapter 12 on Heroic mode since 2015, kept dying at the train section, but finally beat the chapter today and almost finished chapter 13, only to die because I accidentally fell of a ledge ... Fuuuu I´m so frustrated.

Keep going everything else is "easy" just a lag of concentration and bad luck kills you ( as long as you have enough RPGs for the last wave in the yard ( don't waste any shots on wave 1-3))

( second last chapter )

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I never even finished the game back in the day, but have always wanted to go back to it but never have because I have the problem of just getting too many new games without ever thinking about going back and playing anything that I already have. Maybe I'll know everything else out and go back to heroic later.

• 2 months later...

I suggest more people to do this aswell platinum it’s really tough but fun at the same time when you play it.

People saying it’s harder than wolfenstein 2 that’s not true at all but don’t think heroic is easy it will taste your patience to the limits. You must be skilled aswell, no room for error and have to keep moving the entire time and don’t stop or else you will get killed quickly. Chapter 13 and 16 is where you possibly can give up cause things gets real from there and on and I would say from chapter 8 and up when the nightmare really begins.

If you made it congrats then! It’s my 175 milestone loved this game ?

On 15.8.2020 at 8:24 PM, FearlessElle said:

I suggest more people to do this aswell platinum it’s really tough but fun at the same time when you play it.

People saying it’s harder than wolfenstein 2 that’s not true at all but don’t think heroic is easy it will taste your patience to the limits. You must be skilled aswell, no room for error and have to keep moving the entire time and don’t stop or else you will get killed quickly. Chapter 13 and 16 is where you possibly can give up cause things gets real from there and on and I would say from chapter 8 and up when the nightmare really begins.

If you made it congrats then! It’s my 175 milestone loved this game 1f60a.png

Why is that not true? This is far harder than wolf2. In wolf 2 you can do strategies by sneaking past majority of the game and stealth kill enemies. In this you cant.

15 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Why is that not true? This is far harder than wolf2. In wolf 2 you can do strategies by sneaking past majority of the game and stealth kill enemies. In this you cant.

Because there is no permadeath ofcourse. Wolfenstein 2 on IADI is pretty easy. Mein Leben on the other hand is not. Now if you need to beat Shadow Warrior on Heroic with permadeath, than you would be right.

2 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

The difficulty of both games in general is very subjective. I based on my opinion, Heroic after all was not bad plan ahead and you good to roll.

Edited by FearlessElle