A platinum more people should go for

NaseemJohn

On 8/20/2020 at 9:41 AM, BB-BakkerJ said:

Because there is no permadeath ofcourse. Wolfenstein 2 on IADI is pretty easy. Mein Leben on the other hand is not. Now if you need to beat Shadow Warrior on Heroic with permadeath, than you would be right.

Shadow Warrior has checkpoints. Wolfenstein 2 on the other hand requires you to beat the game on the highest difficulty on just one life.

Knowing Wolfestein 2 on the 'second hardest difficulty', you can definitely be ripped to shreds in a matter of a few quick seconds.

• 2 months later...

Put this right up there with dead space, evil within, No ordinary Wang hardcore run puts you to the test!  Amazing game.   Wolf 2 didnt feel right in terms of story, for a hc run, plus it got pretty woke.  Not sure you can compare Wolf2 leb, to this.  I kinda want to try leb here soon, which i never even thought about doing.  [didnt think the game earned asking such a feat.]

Sadow Warrior tests your fighting skills and survival mindset on Wang to a degree I've never expierenced.  It's brutal combat.  Im relieved, but beyond impressed with how much funk i could handle. Comedy, action, and a little horror.  Beautiful.  Ps heroic mode enemies are also are tougher than any other in-game mode as well... One of the reasons you simply cant run through levels.  The later chapters are 1 hr to hr and half 'runs'.  It felt very ds2 to me.  They really arent checkpoints.  They're saves after you beat each chapter.  Wolf, i felt in my intuition wasnt made or fun enough, creative enough for a max payne run ;)    I'll try it, and check it n check in.  Unless you have the nuts to play the modes, speculation is really the best you really can give.   Good luck all.   It's a honor to be among the elite group of Wang.  

-love j

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Having to fight that large group of enemies towards the end with multiple shamans and warlords and warp enemies is pretty tough tbh the warpers kill you in only a couple of hits when enraged. You've gotta have a decent strategy and some FPS skills for this one or you will be replaying that level over and over. The warpers in general are just s pain to deal with on the hardest mode. Definitely a trophy that will test your patience glad to say i finished that level in only 3 runs. I think it's still worthy of it's difficulty rating.

• 5 months later...

Wanted to pick this game up as it was on sale with Shadow Warrior 2 but didn't give it a try or bought it yet cause of the Platinum difficulty. Don't get me wrong I do play games if they are good enough without thinking about Platinums or trophies but with this series idk yet, good to have a heads up though :)

2 minutes ago, soziaLSturmi said:

Wanted to pick this game up as it was on sale with Shadow Warrior 2 but didn't give it a try or bought it yet cause of the Platinum difficulty.

I mean whatever floats your boat man but I'm just saying, you're missing out on a fun experience. Some of the best FPS gameplay I've had. 

• Like 1

The difficulty is pretty exaggerated imo. Its more like a 7/10. You just gotta be smart with how you upgrade your character and then most of the encounters become a breeze. Now if there was permadeath that would be a whole different story.

If a game looks fun or interesting, dont pass on it just because of difficulty.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Heroic mode is so.. boring!

Gone is the fast gameplay when playing on normal. Switching weapons, using different attacks, etc.. You’re just dashing around using Divider of Heavens on basic demons while shooting the bigger demons in the head with a charged crossbow shot. And these encounters go on for way too long because every demon has become a damage sponge. ??

Sorry, needed to rant a bit because I really enjoyed my first playthrough but this is just shit.   

19 minutes ago, Baker said:

Gone is the fast gameplay when playing on normal. Switching weapons, using different attacks, etc.. You’re just dashing around using Divider of Heavens on basic demons while shooting the bigger demons in the head with a charged crossbow shot. And these encounters go on for way too long because every demon has become a damage sponge. 1f4a4.png1f4a4.png

Sorry, needed to rant a bit because I really enjoyed my first playthrough but this is just shit.   

Agreed. Your strategy must vastly change and should be centered around survival and minimizing getting hit. 

The whole mode is built around taking pot shots and zooming around like a headless chicken xD

The best way to experience the game is on normal difficulty for sure. Good luck!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Baker said:

Gone is the fast gameplay when playing on normal. Switching weapons, using different attacks, etc.. You’re just dashing around using Divider of Heavens on basic demons while shooting the bigger demons in the head with a charged crossbow shot. And these encounters go on for way too long because every demon has become a damage sponge. ??

It's weird, you're spot on with the gameplay, but it's also incredibly tense when you're an hour into a level, and could lose all that time to one stupid mistake. It harder and simpler at the same time I guess??

11 minutes ago, Moridin83 said:

It's weird, you're spot on with the gameplay, but it's also incredibly tense when you're an hour into a level, and could lose all that time to one stupid mistake. It harder and simpler at the same time I guess?1f914.png

To be fair I’m not too far into the game. I just beat the first boss so I’m at chapter 7. But there hasn’t been any tension because so far it has been easy. Although I did die once at the end of chapter 3 where I accidentally walked off the cliff. ? That was just an annoyance. The tension will probably come with the hard fights but that’s just another reason not to like this mode.

Completely agree with op on this one. This game has been in all honesty one of the best surprises I had this whole year along with Stardew Valley, for totally different reasons since they are totally different games, but I enjoyed my road to the platinum from beginning to end.

I wasn’t even done with the first chapter of my first play through when I knew this plat had to be mine. I’ve always been a big FPS fan and this kind of shooters with the fast movement and melee combat are just top notch for me, the silly dumb dark humor and 4th wall breaking moments are just a big plus as well.

Strongly recommend any FPS fan out there to play it if for some reason you haven’t done it already, even if you don’t go for the plat maybe on an alt account or whatever.

The game also provides a solid and unexpected challenge on Heroic mode if you are into that stuff, when I started in all honesty I thought it was going to be another one of those overrated difficulty plats since there is saves in between chapters but even with this mechanic some of the later levels keep you on your toes from start to finish and some of them become really long ones clocking at around 1:30min playtime particularly chapter 12 and 16 iirc.

If you enjoy Doom and or Serious Sam this game is the perfect mix between them so go for it. I came out as a new fan of the series, have the 2nd one on backlog and looking forward to do it, while the upcoming 3rd game looks just dumb good I’m just hoping it also provides a similar challenge.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

After finishing this one I couldn’t agree more with OP. It’s an awesome game and one of the more unique FPS titles on the market, and comes with a thrilling and rewarding platinum trophy that is a lot of fun to earn. I think that 9/10 difficulty rating scares a lot of people away, but imo you could easily knock a few points off that score, at least up until those last few chapters where Heroic really earns it’s reputation for being a tough nut to crack. Outside of a handful of tough fights it’s really not bad at all and the fact your progress gets saved between chapters makes this very doable for almost anybody who’s willing to commit to it. 

• 1 month later...