This game is like crack...

StrickenBiged

48 minutes ago, CjShai said:

I simply have to try it now

5 minutes ago, Jare said:

it has to be a must play

I'd check out a review or two. I already knew that there's something about clicker games that gets to me, and I like twin stick shooters so there's that. It is good fun and I would honestly recommend it but only to those who already know they like the two genres. 

Gameplay:

Review:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-25-vostok-inc-review

• Like 1

It somewhat of an easy platinum. 30 hours or more (even less if you know what you are doing). 

The only problem are the minigames...just like with Hungry Horde. Log Chopping 222...damm that. 

They are going patch it 2-3 weeks from now for  the end game grind. After the trillion per a second it becomes far too much of a grind, the later building have poor rate for the investment. 

The Vita version is coming in a month or less, I think. It not cross buy though, but cross save. 

Edited by Kishnabe
  • Like 1

The objectives and trophies are still kinda buggy with the patch. Some objectives don't track properly and others don't give you the trophy when you unlock them. I didn't get the 200 objective trophy until I unlocked an objective the day after I got my 200th, and at that point I already had over 300 objectives completed.

Edit: Oops posted in the wrong thread...

Edited by Nicco555
Wrong thread

20 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

the later building have poor rate for the investment

Tell me about it. I can build everything up to the R&D lab now, but no way I can afford it. It's taken me 3 days (I haven't been leaving it idle... much) to go from 1TR per second to 800TR per second. 

Is there a way to manipulate the clock to skip some of this late-game grind? Might give that a go after work because it's getting a little tedious at this stage. 

Edited by StrickenBiged

3 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

Tell me about it. I can build everything up to the R&D lab now, but no way I can afford it. It's taken me 3 days (I haven't been leaving it idle... much) to go from 1TR per second to 800TR per second. 

Is there a way to manipulate the clock to skip some of this late-game grind? Might give that a go after work because it's getting a little tedious at this stage. 

Grinding managers to get investors seems to be the best way to earn money by far. Especially after buying the "2% manager drop chance from killed enemies" upgrade.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nicco555 said:

Grinding managers to get investors seems to be the best way to earn money by far. Especially after buying the "2% manager drop chance from killed enemies" upgrade.

Increasing the Asteroid and Enemy multipliers. 

They are both at 10 each for me, easily get Quadrillions in seconds. 

14 hours ago, Nicco555 said:

Yes, I discovered that for myself last night. Had about 45 minutes without seeing a single investor, then I got 5 in very quick succession and suddenly had enough money to buy banks galore and loads of real estate and government offices to power them. 

Loving this so far. Although that woodchuck trophy lol. Stuck trying to get to the last planet :( super grindy right now.

I've resorted to farming managers to try and get investors but only at 30 quadrillion 

Edited by Azoth658
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Azoth658 said:

Loving this so far. Although that woodchuck trophy lol. Stuck trying to get to the last planet :( super grindy right now.

I've resorted to farming managers to try and get investors but only at 30 quadrillion 

Have you got the upgrade that gives a 2% to drop a manager for a kill? This helped a lot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Azoth658 said:

I've resorted to farming managers

Yeah, I did the same. There is a sticky bit in the difficulty curve (if it can be called that) which occurs around the time you can afford schools and religious buildings. 

I broke through that barrier by farming for investors and then buying banks. Combine Banks with Real Estate (after buying the Bank upgrade) and you're laughing. My income on that save is now in the quintillions per second. 

2 hours ago, oO--TrashMan--Oo said:

Have you got the upgrade that gives a 2% to drop a manager for a kill? This helped a lot.

Yes, that upgrade is definitely worth getting as soon as possible. Did you notice that the middle-manager bonus keeps going even after you've filled your cubicles? If you keep farming them you can keep boosting that bonus multiplier, apparently without limit. 

2 minutes ago, Azoth658 said:

you can continue past the maximum though

You definitely can. You can fill 3 pods with 12 managers each, each giving you 3%, so if there was a max of 36 managers you'd have a maximum bonus of 108% (assuming all the Executives are at 0% happiness). 

I never gave the Executives things, I was really neglectful of them. The highest bonus I achieved with the managers alone was 168% before dying, implying that I was 20 managers beyond the "maximum" you'd be able to fit into the three pods.  

Yeah, you can definitely keep getting middle managers after the 36 it takes to fill the cubicles. Before I was done with the game, my bonus income from them was somewhere above +400%, so I had over a hundred of them.

Keeping that in mind, it's a good idea to never die if you're trying to get to endgame as fast as possible, as having something like +200% production from middle managers once you hit the roadblock that happens around the quadrillion mark is a big help. Also, you can cheese the game and just quit the game every time you die and you'll go back to the latest autosave, allowing you to keep your middle managers alive.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Azoth658 said:

the stupid aquatic game

This one didn't take me too long, at most 20 attempts. 

I tried to focus on protecting either the upper or lower 2/3rds of the screen. Anything that spawns in at the top or bottom of the screen wont be able to kill you if you're on the opposite end. After your score is 70 or so you need to focus on staying alive and this tactic seemed to work for me. 

In the end though I think I just had a lucky run where the enemies spawned more spaced out than normal. 

• Like 1

Well finally got it and my platinum last night. What an unexpectedly fun and addictive game. After finishing clicker heroes this was just what I need for my next incremental game fix.

The tips I read on here really helped for the last sticky trophies.

Grinding investors when you hit the early quadrillion mark up to having a few quintillion and buying banks upgrades and government buildings breaks that block before the end game.

The tips on how to slow down the timer on wood guy Jr and trying to switch off and focus on one side of the tree finally got me through that mini game after nearly three hours of grinding.

Hadn't seen your post on aqua mini game but there is definitely some luck even using 2/3 of the screen as the ship doesn't fire any faster after killing an enemy so if you get swarmed even playing well it's game over. I also eventually got a lucky run without too much on screen at once, so I recommend patience to all going for this.

Fully recommend to anyone who is a fan of twin stick shooters and once again thanks to you guys here for the tips :)

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...