Help to win time trials

Lonemankane

Yep am looking for anyone who knows the game inside and out and can give tips to doing the time trials as the video guides are not helping me at all and am doing my best and it is only annoying the crap out of me, I would like someone who would help me in the way of tips or cheats like a site that gives a detailed run down of hidden paths to get the time trials done as the times they want is just bs if you ask me.

Edited by KANERKB

As I said before, the video guides don't help me as I followed them and I still fail and am asking if anyone knows any trips to save time, as places like native fortress is long and I see no way to skip parts with them a holes who push you back and also to add to the pain even though I jump on top of them I am still pushed back for no real reason. Also the times they set are to me unfair as the times in crash 3 seem more far and more better other then the riding the lion/ cat to the end of the levels as I see you need to boost for most of it but I see no real problem other then that on crash 3's time trials. 

Edited by KANERKB
Needed to fix a few problems I made

7 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

As I said before, the video guides don't help me as I followed them and I still fail and am asking if anyone knows any trips to save time, as places like native fortress is long and I see no way to skip parts with them a holes who push you back, also the times they set feel too hard as the times in crash 3 are far more better other then the riding the lion/ cat to the end of the levels as I see you need to boost for most of it but I see no real problem. 

I haven't played the remakes yet, only the originals, and they didn't have the time trial stuff in CB1 and CB2, but I've heard something about speed shoes power up? But I heard that was just for CB2.

Anyway, you saw how grimy did it, just git gud! :P Just practice, you will get the hang of it. Every time you run through it you will get better at it, and eventually you will make it.

IIRC, the worst part about speedruns in CB3 is the Tomb levels. I hated the water levels, but they were super easy to plat because of some shortcuts (turbines or whatever, sometimes you could skip following it around in a circle).

Edited by MMDE

Don't worry about going fast; focus on beating the level first and after that you try to do it better

Crash 1 wasn't made for speedrunning, so the time trial reflects that.

Unless the level asks you to beat it in under a minute, you have enough time to get gold relic even if you stop to wait for a good opportunity to jump

3 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

Don't worry about going fast; focus on beating the level first and after that you try to do it better

Unless the level asks you to beat it in under a minute, you have enough time to get gold relic even if you stop to wait for a good opportunity to jump

well the time trials am stuck on are the ones before the road to nowhere or highroad, the first level and native fortress are the ones am stuck on.

6 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I haven't played the remakes yet, only the originals, and they didn't have the time trial stuff in CB1 and CB2, but I've heard something about speed shoes power up? But I heard that was just for CB2.

Anyway, you saw how grimy did it, just git gud! :P Just practice, you will get the hang of it. Every time you run through it you will get better at it, and eventually you will make it.

IIRC, the worst part about speedruns in CB3 is the Tomb levels. I hated the water levels, but they were super easy to plat because of some shortcuts (turbines or whatever, sometimes you could skip following it around in a circle).

I keep trying but I keep failing on the native fortress as them asshats with the shield push me even though I jump on top of them all the time they push me into the holes to die and I know someone told me about a way to skip most of it by doing something just not sure what it is and I want to know if anyone knows of hidden paths to make levels easy to speedrun to get the gold. one way I see the roads levels easy is by hopping onto the rope and I want to know if there is tricks or tips like that to win the levels is all am asking is all not about a git good thing as anyone can do that just want to know if there is ways to make it easy as I will gladly take them while am on the level.

Edited by KANERKB

Just now, KANERKB said:

well the time trials am stuck on are the ones before the road to nowhere or highroad, the first level and native fortress are the ones am stuck on.

I keep trying but I keep failing on the native fortress as them asshats with the shield push me even though I jump on top of them all the time they push me into the holes to die and I know someone told me about a way to skip most of it by doing something just not sure what it is and I want to know if anyone knows of hidden paths to make levels easy to speedrun to get the gold.

One of the native levels have a secret path behind the "scene". Just jump away from the screen/onto the background at a certain point, there's a secret path there. Let me see if I can find a video.

Just now, KANERKB said:

I keep trying but I keep failing on the native fortress as them asshats with the shield push me even though I jump on top of them all the time they push me into the holes to die and I know someone told me about a way to skip most of it by doing something just not sure what it is and I want to know if anyone knows of hidden paths to make levels easy to speedrun to get the gold.

There's no need to rush, you can wait until they go to the other side to jump.

Native Forest has a pretty generous gold relic requirement

They were probably referring to this:

EDIT:

I think there might be a second secret path further down the line too, you can see it at the end there is a way to jump into the background, maybe one of the torches? idk can't remember.

Edited by MMDE

I had more trouble with Native Fortress than I did High Road, even though both took me hours to beat. Also, I really suck at platformers so all I gotta say is practice. The first game is by far the hardest of the 3 and not as forgiving as the other 2. No upgrades, no nothing. It's all relied on skill. Keep trying, take breaks and I'm sure you'll do it eventually. 

19 minutes ago, MMDE said:

They were probably referring to this:

EDIT:

I think there might be a second secret path further down the line too, you can see it at the end there is a way to jump into the background, maybe one of the torches? idk can't remember.

Thanks

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, DaTreOriginal said:

I know my request is very wild, but suddenly. Can anyone help me get through the Stormy Ascent level through Share Play?

PSN ID: DaTreOriginal

you need to make a game session about that dude also get ya finger ready to remove anyone bitching to ya about it as yeah a lot of people look down at share play help

• 1 month later...
On 31-07-2017 at 0:21 PM, DesmaBR said:

hey what game is the one in the picture?