My Vita Collection (140+ games)

aZombieDictator

7 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Amazon my dude. That's probably the best place to get them. You can by pre-owned as well if you're not looking to spend that much. They tend to run about $10-$30 on Amazon.

That cheap? I neve really trusted the used section of Amazon but I'll give it a shot. I do have some new ones preordered though!

5 minutes ago, Terra said:

That cheap? I neve really trusted the used section of Amazon but I'll give it a shot. I do have some new ones preordered though!

Just make sure you read the description and buy stuff that has like 98%+ buyer rating. First game I bought used was only the cartridge because I didn't read the description. I had to use an extra case and GameStop cover.

2 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Just make sure you read the description and buy stuff that has like 98%+ buyer rating. First game I bought used was only the cartridge because I didn't read the description. I had to use an extra case and GameStop cover.

I'll be careful, loose cartridges = lost cartridges. Here's what I have as of today. It's not much but it's what I like (minus two). 

blBZgFv.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

There are websites that have cover art scans, if you're interested. You can print it out and it will look fairly close to the original.

Personally I stopped caring about physical games when they stopped including printed manuals (it seemed to stop happening sometime during the PS3 generation). I don't really care about a box with a disc/cartridge (a few Collector's Editions still sucker me in though, since they have physical bonuses). I think I have 5 or 6 physical Vita games (because I found them cheap), and most of those will be sold when I'm done with them. On the other hand, I do collect physical movies, so I'm inconsistent. :)

Anyway, that's a very impressive collection, and the most important part that everyone can agree on no matter our preference for physical or digital, is that you have lots of Vita games. Truly, you are an inspiration to us all.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

Thank you! I will always love physical games and buy them over digital, hell physical games are cheaper these days on launch. With Amazon and Best buy you can get a physical game at $51, compared to digital at $64

Edited by aZombieDictator
But yeah it's very sad with how physical is done today. But Indie companies still put guides and books into some of their games, hyper light drifter had a physical release with an amazing book, so did binding of Isaac.

Nice collection! I own only 5 physical games for Vita. Not many game stores here get them in their selections and they're sometimes a bit overpriced. I'm also starting to run out of space to display/store physical games.

@Terra I noticed you have a physical copy of Code of Princess for 3DS. I'm a bit jelly. I don't think it ever got a physical release in Europe.

• Like 2

So I just went with my mom to Best buy (they haven't had Vita games in like a year lol) so she could get Hey! Pikmin with my 20% off and there was a used game store and they had a tiny little Vita section and they had 4 games at a decent price I didn't own. Sadly LBP had a black case so I'm gonna need to find another blue case for that. It costs me $42 for the four.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Nice collection! I own only 5 physical games for Vita. Not many game stores here get them in their selections and they're sometimes a bit overpriced. I'm also starting to run out of space to display/store physical games.

@Terra I noticed you have a physical copy of Code of Princess for 3DS. I'm a bit jelly. I don't think it ever got a physical release in Europe.

Code of Princess was NA/JP only I believe. My version has the art book and soundtrack CD. I got it free at GameStop with some trade credit around July 4th but I haven't played it yet. I heard mixed reviews about it but I'm optimistic!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terra said:

Code of Princess was NA/JP only I believe. My version has the art book and soundtrack CD. I got it free at GameStop with some trade credit around July 4th but I haven't played it yet. I heard mixed reviews about it but I'm optimistic!

I have it digitally from eShop and I liked the old-school beat 'em up style gameplay and free stat distribution system. The voice acting was pretty bad, story was quite generic and it had some performance issues when a lot of stuff was happening on the screen. The character designs are pretty top notch (especially Princess Solange and Lady Zozo).

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

So I just went with my mom to Best buy (they haven't had Vita games in like a year lol) so she could get Hey! Pikmin with my 20% off and there was a used game store and they had a tiny little Vita section and they had 4 games at a decent price I didn't own. Sadly LBP had a black case so I'm gonna need to find another blue case for that. It costs me $42 for the four.

Just so you're aware, the michael jackson platinum is unobtainable since you can't connect to facebook with the vita any more.

1 minute ago, kuuhaku said:

Just so you're aware, the michael jackson platinum is unobtainable since you can't connect to facebook with the vita any more.

Well damn. I probably wasn't gonna play it anyway. My backlog is just so big and there's tons of other stuff to play. But it was $6 and I didn't own it so I had to buy it.

2 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Well damn. I probably wasn't gonna play it anyway. My backlog is just so big and there's tons of other stuff to play. But it was $6 and I didn't own it so I had to buy it.

Oh wait I misspoke. That trophy was in the ps3 version. It does have a multiplayer trophy though and I'm not sure if it was online or adhoc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Oh wait I misspoke. That trophy was in the ps3 version. It does have a multiplayer trophy though and I'm not sure if it was online or adhoc.

If it's adhoc and I really wanted the platinum I could get it since I have two Vitas. But I'm not gonna do all that for a game I wasn't even interested in playing.

What a wonderfull collection!! Gotta agree with Satoshi though, it's lacking weebness ?

My vita collection amounts to 6 or 7 physical copies, which is very different from my ps3/ps4 collections which amount to well over 100 games together, still gotta get physical copies of games like Persona 4 and a few JRPGs and make that collection grow!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

What a wonderfull collection!! Gotta agree with Satoshi though, it's lacking weebness 1f604.png

My vita collection amounts to 6 or 7 physical copies, which is very different from my ps3/ps4 collections which amount to well over 100 games together, still gotta get physical copies of games like Persona 4 and a few JRPGs and make that collection grow!

I'd say about 50 of my games would be classified as weeb games.

I find it hilarious on Reddit everyone is like "the collection is just weeb and fanservice games"

But on PSNprofiles I get "not enough weeb games"

This is the Reddit post I made weeks ago. 

• Like 1

Ok so I had two leftover blue cases from when I sold games years ago, (I would keep the case because you got same value for the cartridge only) so it still stands having all blue cases in my collection, I just need scans for Arcana and Batman though then everything will be perfect. (Sly and Borderlands are empty cases)

5 minutes ago, CjShai said:

@aZombieDictator, great collection. Very impressive. Your doing great to get a hold of some of those limited run games, I tried to get Saturday Morning RPG but it went so quickly

Limited Run games aren't hard to get ahold as long as you're on the site as they go live, I just didn't know of the site when the first 5 Vita games went up, so I'm missing them. I'm missing LR 1-5 and 7. I got plague inc and oceanhorn last Friday with no problem. You also have two chances a day. This Friday Lawbreakers and Wonderboy will be out, so I'm hoping to get the collectors edition for both of those.

• Like 2

Wow, I read the reddit post and people can be complete assholes. Honestly, just cause someone thinks the Vita is "Japanese" only doesn't mean it doesn't have games. Hell, someone could come out and say "Douh PS4 has no games". At the end of the day it is preference. 

Personally I own a Vita and I love it. I have downloads and physical Vita games myself. Many with no case sadly :(. But I enjoy them. Only digital Vita game I have is Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3. Only because there was no physical English Sub version.

• Like 1

That sure is a remarkable and well constructes Vita Collection you got there . Omedetou ! :yay::yay::yay:

I only have 25 physical games as of now however i have 2 copies of One Piece : Burning Blood ( don't asky why) , going to sell one of those and recently sold my WRC 4 copy cause i already plat that and could use the money to buy more Vita games and that game was expendable to me and my collection , not a big loss there :awesome:

1 minute ago, syumisan said:

Wow, I read the reddit post and people can be complete assholes. Honestly, just cause someone thinks the Vita is "Japanese" only doesn't mean it doesn't have games. Hell, someone could come out and say "Douh PS4 has no games". At the end of the day it is preference. 

Personally I own a Vita and I love it. I have downloads and physical Vita games myself. Many with no case sadly :(. But I enjoy them. Only digital Vita game I have is Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3. Only because there was no physical English Sub version.

Why no cases ? Do you tend to lost them ?

Edited by Sigma999
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Yeah the really sad thing about Japanese games and the western audience is that so many people will insult you or shrug off games just for being Japanese. But those are the people that have awful taste and won't look at anything that isn't AAA, which there's a lot of people like that. But luckily here it's pretty much only people that are passionate about all kinds of games and gaming styles.

• Like 2

Looking good, nice collection. I only have BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend as a physical game... I bought it (cheap) not too long ago because I felt like I needed at least one physical game for my Vita xD.

• Like 1