Beyondthegrave07

What do you want to have for PS4 avatars? Would you prefer more customization? if so, what kind of customization? Should we be able to keep our PS3 avatars? What kind of Avatars would you like to start out with as freebies? Should Sony have a new Avatar system? if so, what kind?

Personally, I want to be able to keep my ps3 avatar and see more freebies to start out with, however, I'd like avatars to be linked to trophies. Such as, if I get the platnum for let's just say "Ni No Kuni 2" for the heck of it, I would like an exclusive avatar that only unlocks with the platnum. FFXIII does this for wallpaper, how hard would it be for an avatar to be linked with trophies? Also, instead of just plain colors for the box around your avatar, I think Sony should incorporate video game designs and patterns on to the box for more individuality. Another thing, I don't want to copy microsoft's formula for their avatars. I like that sony tries to separate itself from microsoft, it's what drives the competition. One last thing, I would like more characters to put my comment. It doesn't have to be really long, but at least fill up all the white space.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

I don't mind the current system I suppose, it's nothing special but it serves its purpose.

But your idea about unlocking avatars for getting the Platinum trophy for a game is really good, that's something I'd love to see.

All avatars should be available in the different regions too, it's annoying when the US store gets all the good ones and the EU gets nadda :shakefist:

The Xbox 360 has a couple of games that reward you with gamerpics for completing certain achievements and challenges, so I agree, it would be nice if Sony added something similar. Apart from that, I'm not bothered about it.

They should let us upload our own pictures.

Too many risks involved, I doubt Sony would be able to moderate it properly and you know how many immature idiots inhabit the world of online gaming, especially on console. Granted, Steam has the option to use custom avatars, but the number of users is considerably smaller compared to something like PlayStation Network.

Edit: It would appear Arkthur_us beat me.

Edited by AndroidFox

I love the way FFXIII/2 unlocks Theme's for completing certain trophies.

Makes you feel, those Trophies have mening.

I hope PS4 avatar ain't bound to 1 account, like now, so I can get all the nice JP/US avatar to my EU account.

agreed. I bought 2 avatars hoping my brother could use one of them but they were both bounded to my account. Even though we're on the same Ps3!

I doubt this will happen, they have to check every picture uploaded to make sure it doesn't have innapropiate content, thats a lot of work SONY wont do xD

completely agree. has anyone ever seen black ops emblems? Now imagine that but with actual pictures. I know this may be a shocker to some, but there are too many pervs that would take advantage of that.

The Xbox 360 has a couple of games that reward you with gamerpics for completing certain achievements and challenges, so I agree, it would be nice if Sony added something similar. Apart from that, I'm not bothered about it.

Too many risks involved, I doubt Sony would be able to moderate it properly and you know how many immature idiots inhabit the world of online gaming, especially on console. Granted, Steam has the option to use custom avatars, but the number of users is considerably smaller compared to something like PlayStation Network.

Edit: It would appear Arkthur_us beat me.

I dont understand why adult pictures would be a problem.

After all its not only kids who play.

If some guy wants a pretty girl as his profile picture that should be his decision not sony's

The profile picture i have right now is a zombie with blood and meat falling off...i could imagine it scares more kids then some naked flesh,yet its fine :P

Edited by tw34kfr34ky

I'd say if they keep the current way avatars are dealt with but give the US and PAL regions the same content and allow us to use trophy images as well would probably be best as I can understand why Japan has a lot that the US and PAL don't have.

Licenses rights is one of the reason US/EU don't have same content as Japan (Also reason, we have Regions on movies).

Even if we get around the license issues is there always PSN documentation (The guess of Grey Zone Issue).

Grey Zone Issue: Sony require publisher to submit documentation in the target country languages, if they want the content up on that country PSN.

As you may see this becomes a issue for country like Denmark, Finland, Norway, Polen and Sweden. Which languages pretty must only is spoken in those Country.

Note: Reason it's call Grey Zone Issue, insted of Black Zone Issue, is that sometimes certain Avatar, DLC and Games get through to those country's

I dont understand why adult pictures would be a problem.

After all its not only kids who play.

If some guy wants a pretty girl as his profile picture that should be his decision not sony's

The profile picture i have right now is a zombie with blood and meat falling off...i could imagine it scares more kids then some naked flesh,yet its fine :P

Yes, there are some gross-looking avatars, however, kids these days PLAY M GAMES! I'd doubt you could say the same for kids doing ---- well you know.

Plus, I don't know about you, but I would rather not see a bunch of dick pics as avatars...

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I really agree with having Unlockables avatars and art around the boxes. I mean, the more personal your avatar is, the more connected you will feel towards it. It would be in Sony's interest to have the avatar and trophy cards very flexible in costumization, just as long as they don't allow uploaded pictures...

• Like 1

I would love to have the ability to upload pictures or have custom avatars but it will never happen. Just look at Blops and their system. I've seen more cocks and balls playing that game than I care to remember and it would be even worse with the ability to upload pictures.

Parker

• Like 2

I would love to have the ability to upload pictures or have custom avatars but it will never happen. Just look at Blops and their system. I've seen more cocks and balls playing that game than I care to remember and it would be even worse with the ability to upload pictures.

Parker

That's exactly why I think custom avatars would be a bad idea. Just look at the CODs that allow for it... haha. They wouldn't be able to moderate all the dicks and naked chicks and stuff that would be used.

The only addition I want to see implemented in regards to avatars would be a greater selection. As for the profile in general, I'd love to see a wave of additions; more colour customisation choices, the ability to display your favourite trophies on your profile, maybe have a currently playing section and a favourite game section. I don't know, but I do know the profiles are very under-developed.

• Like 2

I like this system.

However, I don´t like some things, like the access to avatars. In Europe we don´t have the same avatars as US, and I think they should put the all avatars in all different regions!

And I don´t understand why people that have a PS Vita have access do extra colours... We should have the all colours, not just 16 or something! I´m not going to buy a Vita just because of the colours...

From what I would assume, they would have to have a whole new PSN, The fact that it doesnt play backwards compatibility, and wont allow used games would require an entirely new PSN server. So I expect it to be a fresh start for the console. If you want to play PS3 games, keep your PS3. Otherwise I'd assume everyone is going to be making new accounts come launch time.