Wesley Cutter Intl Freeze and Crashes PS3

xBraiNshOcK

Recently my bro was trying to get the platinum for this game but came across an area that just wont load at all in the Wesley Cutter Intl Airport right by where a sex doll and a building is located, causing the PS3 to freeze and then crash after another option in selected. (For example: quit game, eject disc. etc.) I got the platinum for the game not too long after the game was released and had no problems with it, but now that same copy of the game which I had no problems with now doesn't work for some reason. It's not the copy because today we got another copy from GameStop and it still causes the freeze, with out and with the latest patch. Could someone else who has the copy try and get to this place and see if they are having problems with it and if it does work which copy of saints row do you have, full package or regular? I have provided a map and location of where it is it freezes (Area inside the red square freezes on foot; when on airplane you go through the ground). See below.

freezearea.jpg

I've got the full package and never had a problem there with freezing. I did have a few crashes in general but nothing too bad. I platted it and all the dlc without any real problems. I'm using PS3 Slim 320gb. It might be the console itself. Try rebuilding the database through the secret start up menu and see if that helps. Don't worry, nothing gets deleted except messages (if you didn't know that).

Edited by open_your_mouth0

I've got the full package and never had a problem there with freezing. I did have a few crashes in general but nothing too bad. I platted it and all the dlc without any real problems. I'm using PS3 Slim 320gb. It might be the console itself. Try rebuilding the database through the secret start up menu and see if that helps. Don't worry, nothing gets deleted except messages (if you didn't know that).

We tried it on both our PS3s, and on my PS3 which is the one I used to get the platinum for, but now it freezes and we tried all the safe mode options that don't delete anything big. If you can can you try and pop in the game and see if you can get to that area. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

That was probably him. That did fix the problem. If anyone experiences the same problem try that.

Solution#1:

I don't know if it was your brother that added me asking about the same problem, but he got back to me again and said that removing the game data (NOT save data) and reinstalling it fixed the freezing problem.

Solution#2:
Get the full package.

Edited by xBraiNshOcK

• 10 months later...

I've just done a search on this topic because my copy is doing exactly the same although it's at the end of the runway that's heading south.

Helicopters go through the ground and if I drive there it starts to stutter when I enter the area and then freezes and the car disappears.

Gonna re install later on and see what happens.