Servers status?

VirtualNight

1 hour ago, VirtualNight said:

Hi, since the bfg edition is discounted I want to get it, but are the servers still up? are the people still playing or do I need to find some boosting partners (how many)?

Servers are still up but you will definitely need to find people to boost with. I got the online trophies back in 2012 and the online was dead even then. I don't remember how many people you need to start a match but I do remember doing the trophies with two people.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 2:14 PM, skateak said:

Servers are still up but you will definitely need to find people to boost with. I got the online trophies back in 2012 and the online was dead even then. I don't remember how many people you need to start a match but I do remember doing the trophies with two people.

Got it, thanks ?

• 2 months later...

Got all 6 online trophies yesterday in a boosting session. Some days earlier I was trying to find people online with no success. Therefore servers are still up but you definitely will need to find some people to boost trophies or even have fun online.

Given that, the online trophies are not too complicated. You will need 2 more people in order to get the rocket launcher trophy (kill two people with one rocket). Also the don't-die-in-a-match trophy is easy to get: you only need to spectate a match until it ends. Some of the other trophies will require you to be in a specific stage.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all, yes i confirm the servers are still up.

3 people are required to boost that rocket double-kill, the rest can be done even with just another person and is all very easy and fast since is just related to kill in a specific way.

• 9 months later...

So just an update since this game does not get a lot of activity. Just boosted the MP trophies with three people and it took under 15 minutes. Only problem is the servers seemed unstable and we were getting kicked from matches fairly often. Might not want to put this one off much longer. 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Hi update the server still work Sunday, 10 February 2019

Actually there are no one playing it online so definitely you need to Boost it 

All can be done with two players expect one trophy that requires 2 kills with one shot 

also its obtain in private match 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers are still up but they're completely dead so boosting is essential.

I'm pretty sure Doom 3 is P2P, there was some techinical problem in the original version (mentioned by Carmack) that made a server based approach unusable (think it had something to do with the lighting), it'd be odd if they changed it to servers for consoles when the P2P implementation worked so well.

• Like 2