Persona Q2 announced for 3DS

Venocide

Oh yeah, another Etrian Odyssey spin-off, terrific! Glad they finally confirmed it.

Just a thought of being able to experience yet another fantastic first-person dungeon crawling adventure in next year makes me a one happy fellow.

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

@olimoo101 I don't think it's required to play Persona 3 before Persona Q. I doubt it spoils anything and it didn't matter the characters weren't familiar to me.

Which could also mean you missed lot of references to P3 (not sure, didn't play Q).

They should have remastered this for Vita instead of releasing sequel :awesome: 

Oh so there was a thread for this! Lol. I'm so excited for this! I unfortunately didn't get to finish the first one because I upgraded my 3ds to ironically the Persona Q 3ds XL.. and all of my pictures and stuff didn't transfer over so I lost all my detailed maps. I was too frustrated to continue.. but with that being said, will they make another special edition new 3ds xl that's Persona Q2 related... I would trade in my Galaxy 3ds xl in a heartbeat for it.

4 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

@olimoo101 I don't think it's required to play Persona 3 before Persona Q. I doubt it spoils anything and it didn't matter the characters weren't familiar to me.

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Which could also mean you missed lot of references to P3 (not sure, didn't play Q).

I'm playing Q on the P3 route right now and yes, he did miss a lot of references xD

1 hour ago, DuckSwimmer said:

Oh so there was a thread for this! Lol. I'm so excited for this! I unfortunately didn't get to finish the first one because I upgraded my 3ds to ironically the Persona Q 3ds XL.. and all of my pictures and stuff didn't transfer over so I lost all my detailed maps. I was too frustrated to continue.. but with that being said, will they make another special edition new 3ds xl that's Persona Q2 related... I would trade in my Galaxy 3ds xl in a heartbeat for it.

Aw, sucks to hear about lost data. I just recently upgraded to an Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer limited edition New 3DS XL. I wonder if they'll still churn out those limited edition 3DSs or if they will move to producing limited edition Switches.

@jrdemr I played the P3 route and I thought it was a brilliant game on its own even though I didn't really know anything about Persona 3 or Persona 4. It was my 2nd touch point to Persona after Persona 4 Arena. I don't think I had ever heard about Persona when I bought P4A (this country is all NHL/FIFA/COD/GTA or get out, so to speak). Initially I got P4A because I had enjoyed other fighting games from Arc System Works. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

With any of the mainline games.

At the moment, P1 and P2 are irrelevant so... best starts are P3 or P4. 

P5 should be played after having experience with Persona to enjoy it fully =D

Let me guess.. you didn't play Persona 1 and 2 first so they are "irrelevant". Just let people play what they want and in what order they want, lol.

2 hours ago, Eyjabria said:

Let me guess.. you didn't play Persona 1 and 2 first so they are "irrelevant". Just let people play what they want and in what order they want, lol.

Wow, wow, wow, prejudice much?

I'm actually in the minority that at least played P2. They are irrelevant because Atlus tries to make people forget they existed. Because the oldest Persona they use in any kind of Persona info is P3. 

Not irrelevant to ME, irrelevant to the newer players.

If you actually knew my stance, you would know I pretty much prefer the setting of P2 to P4 (despite liking P4 a bit more overall). That would hardly be possible if I didn't play it.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Wow, wow, wow, prejudice much?

I'm actually in the minority that at least played P2. They are irrelevant because Atlus tries to make people forget they existed. Because the oldest Persona they use in any kind of Persona info is P3. 

Not irrelevant to ME, irrelevant to the newer players.

If you actually knew my stance, you would know I pretty much prefer the setting of P2 to P4 (despite liking P4 a bit more overall). That would hardly be possible if I didn't play it.

That's not true, Atlus did remind P1 and P2 exist by introducing themed DLC in P5. ?

But yeah, I pretty much agree about irrevelance part. As much as I love P1 (being dungeon crawler), I would NEVER introduce someone to series by having them playing this game. Heck, I tried to get friend into series by having him play P3Fes yet he complained he disliked main dungeon being randomly-generated and enemies being pretty much the same so he dropped it somewhere on 60ish floors. Guess shouldve went with P5.

Another point of irrelevance is, if willing to play Q/Q2, you wouldnt need P1/P2 anyway.

• Like 1