Grimy's Uncharted Contest (Time to Grind LOL)

Do you accept the challenge?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Accept This Challenge

7 hours ago, Demon--Prototype said:

I know it wouldn't be easy to figure out a scoring system for this competition but if you look at Siegecraft Commander (66 points) for a 10 minute platinum.. Damn 1f627.png

I feel like that's offset a bit by the competition itself-- why would you spend $20 on a game like that for a better chance at winning a $40 game? Why not just put that money towards Uncharted instead?

• Like 2

I would suggest having a rule where 100%s and plats capable of being beaten in less than X amount of time do not count and list examples. Also, maybe a rule where your first trophy had to be earned before 1/1/2017? I'm not worried about getting cheated because I literally have zero shot at this (I just hope I don't get last), but I would rather help @grimydawg avoid the bitchfest at the end of it.

• Like 1

Let's just all accept @grimydawg's rules and do with. I mean what's all this. He basically gives you a chance to win something for free and you guys are bitching about it. Serious?

Don't worry, I'm not saying this to improve my chances, I have no chance at all seeing I'll be gone on holiday for a week next week. I just respect this kind of giveaway and don't understand why anyone would want to critisize it. If you want to do better, organize 1 yourself. If you don't like the rules, don't participate. It's as simple as that.

For my part: a big thanks to grimy for doing this and good luck to all!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I feel like that's offset a bit by the competition itself-- why would you spend $20 on a game like that for a better chance at winning a $40 game? Why not just put that money towards Uncharted instead?

People spend $20 on games like that for trophies, there is incentive in this case.

2 hours ago, Fredoline05 said:

Let's just all accept @grimydawg's rules and do with. I mean what's all this. He basically gives you a chance to win something for free and you guys are bitching about it. Serious?

Don't worry, I'm not saying this to improve my chances, I have no chance at all seeing I'll be gone on holiday for a week next week. I just respect this kind of giveaway and don't understand why anyone would want to critisize it. If you want to do better, organize 1 yourself. If you don't like the rules, don't participate. It's as simple as that.

For my part: a big thanks to grimy for doing this and good luck to all!

Thanks Fredo, your nobility was inspiring.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 9:54 AM, grimydawg said:

Last, but not least.  To enter, all you have to do is vote in the poll (yes).  It makes this easy for me, and I can update in this OP.  Please update me weekly, if you can.  Just send me a PM here or PSN every weekend, and I'll update accordingly.  Thanks, and have fun.

Just a reminder, folks....

1 minute ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

@grimydawg if you give a digital copy away it's not important that someone doesn't live in the US right? I wanna join but i live in Europe 1f602.png

Thx for this anyways 1f600.png

Oh and i guess trophies count only after entering the poll right? Got a plat just two hours ago 1f602.png

That's fine.  I can just go online and buy the digital code that way.  I just don't want to have to pay so much because of international shipping fees and stuff.

I'm interested in the competition, so I will update on Sunday my scores.

Here is my current score:

8* :bronze: Common = 8

1* :bronze: Uncommon = 1.5

1* :bronze: Rare = 2.5

4* :silver: Common = 8

1* :silver: Uncommon = 3

2* :silver: Very Rare = 20

2* :gold: Common = 10

1* :gold: Very Rare = 25

Total: 78.

With the rarities, will the rarities we earn the trophies count when we earn them, or will it be at the period end rarity count?

1 hour ago, Psy-Tychist said:

With the rarities, will the rarities we earn the trophies count when we earn them, or will it be at the period end rarity count?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the multiplier is for platinums only and don't pertain to bronze, silver, or gold trophies. Therefore, you currently have 22 points.

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

31 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the multiplier is for platinums only and don't pertain to bronze, silver, or gold trophies. Therefore, you currently have 22 points.

Correct.  Only platinum trophies get multipliers.

Based my scores off EST, since that's the one i'm assuming you're going with.

78B: 78pts
74S: 148pts
33G: 165pts
4Plats, 2xUC(30) 1xVR(50), 1xUR(100): 180pts

Total: 571.

Could've made a mistake here or there though.

Edited by xZoneHunter

I sent @grimydawg a PM, but here is my update on this. (Not nearly as good as @xZoneHunter ... holy S@#$!)

11 B - Life is Strange (11 pts)

1 G - Life is Strange (5 pts)

1 Uncommon P (2.5X) - Life is Strange (25 pts)

2 B - Gravity Rush Remastered (2 pts)

1 G - Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (eat a d@#$ Golden Elizabeth :P) (5 pts)

8 B - Sly cooper Thieves in Time (8 pts)

1 S - Sly cooper Thieves in Time (3 pts)

Total: 59 points!!! WOOO (Not in last?!?)

13 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Super interested in this. Awesome idea for a contest. Question though; if I register now do my trophies since Wednesday count or do I start from when I sign in?

When you signed up.  Trying to make it as fair as possible

Edited by grimydawg

10 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Based my scores off EST, since that's the one i'm assuming you're going with.

78B: 78pts
74S: 148pts
33G: 165pts
4Plats, 2xUC(30) 1xVR(50), 1xUR(100): 180pts

Total: 571.

Could've made a mistake here or there though.

Dang man LOL

8 hours ago, Osmose42 said:

I love to participate. So every trophies I earn from now on will count? For example I'm almost finished with Yugioh and Hitman Go.

Correct

OK.  Updated with standings.  I would make a format for standings to make it look neat, but I don't have the time to make one.  Can folks hook a brotha up -_-  Also, I'm going to give you folks a chance to update who participated.  I'll give you about 48 hours (7AM EST Wednesday) to give me your point totals as of yesterday/last night.  Otherwise, your points from last week won't count, and you'll have to start over.  I think it's safe to say you guys have to put in some work LOL

My first weekly update, it looks like I can't read so I didn't realize I was supposed to have this in by Sunday. @grimydawg don't bother adding me to the OP until next Monday when you'd normally update it.

26 :bronze: * 1 = 26 points

34 :silver: * 2 = 68 points

33 :gold: * 5 = 165 points

3 C:platinum: * 10 = 30 points

1 U:platinum: * 15 = 15 points

1 UR:platinum: * 100 = 100 points

TOTAL: 404 points

So it seems like I'm currently in second by a pretty decent margin on both sides; that's not too bad considering this contest started two days before my week-long vacation ?

Edit for my own future reference: these numbers are up to and including trophy #8431

Edited by Xylobe

2 hours ago, Xylobe said:

My first weekly update, it looks like I can't read so I didn't realize I was supposed to have this in by Sunday. @grimydawg don't bother adding me to the OP until next Monday when you'd normally update it.

26 :bronze: * 1 = 26 points

34 :silver: * 2 = 68 points

33 :gold: * 5 = 165 points

3 C:platinum: * 10 = 30 points

1 U:platinum: * 15 = 15 points

1 UR:platinum: * 100 = 100 points

TOTAL: 404 points

So it seems like I'm currently in second by a pretty decent margin on both sides; that's not too bad considering this contest started two days before my week-long vacation ?

Haha! I would need to take off a week or two just to stand a chance of winning.  I'm not close to any UR plats and all the games I'm playing are U or R. I'd be thrilled to be in the top 10 by the end of this.

Some easy games are going to help your score, but the UR plats will be the deciding factor in this competition. Good luck, I'm hoping this will be more than a 2-man race.

Wtb points multiplier for every trophy. :awesome: might as well throw my hat in. 

Is it retroactive? So trophies i earned before signing up but within the even time frame count? 

If so what was the official start date/time?

• Like 1