Platinum covers for sale? and where to find none.

Lonemankane

Yep am looking for a few games with no platinum hits covers on it and am also looking to see what games you can think of that are hard to find with no platinum hits cover or red text on the top.

Also it can be games that are old and or hard to come by now a days, just looking to see what games you can think of.

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

Only games that were well received or sold a certain amount, got the platinum or red covers. 

So, in short, every game that has a red or platinum case has a normal case too. 

yes but am asking what game can you think of that is hard to get the normal case of like say oblivion game of the year is hard to get a non platinum cover for.

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

ah mine came looking like this, UfJGt6l.jpg

That's the normal EU version (bandai namco). At launch they also came in a special edition at no extra charge with OST I think and at least a strategy guide (EU version).

Edited by MMDE

3 minutes ago, MMDE said:

That's the normal EU version. At launch they also came in a special edition at no extra charge with OST I think and at least a strategy guide (EU version).

Ah never saw that before, I ended up getting the red phantom edition too so I got 2 of them. I did hear that there is a another type of cover for demon souls, Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg

Edited by KANERKB

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

Ah never saw that before, I ended up getting the red phantom edition too so I got 2 of them.

Was it called Red Phantom? I thought it was Black Phantom Edition. Anyway, that is the one that was "pre-order"/day-one/limited that didn't cost anything extra at launch.

• 3 months later...
On 8/2/2017 at 5:08 PM, KANERKB said:

Yep am looking for a few games with no platinum hits covers on it and am also looking to see what games you can think of that are hard to find with no platinum hits cover or red text on the top.

Also it can be games that are old and or hard to come by now a days, just looking to see what games you can think of.

Ebay is your best bet

Or print them

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=12520

Yeah I think one day I am going to take a bite and buy the Deluxe Edition for Demon's Souls (NA) with the artbook. It's hovering around $80-120 lately.

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

• 1 year later...

I don't think any games are hard to find. You can go on ebay and see many copies for sale. Non platinum hits covers. Regular standard original editions. Just depends if you want to pay the price or not. 

On 11/8/2017 at 11:32 AM, KANERKB said:

Yeah I wish I got it when it was new as i could of gotten my hands on it cheaply then now it is a lot to buy just a normal one of it now adays.

I love this game soooooooooooooo much I never wanted to be without it. I usually buy back up copies of my favorite games just in case something every happens to them. I have a sealed copy. Original game! Found it at some local Computer store by me about 2 years ago. Now it seems harder to find for a decent price. I'm lucky I found it for $20. I don't think the guy in the store knew what gem he was holding. I'll be holding onto this game for awhile and see what happens. It's currently enjoying being on display near my other goodies! Hopefully my playing copy stays perfect and I'll never have to open this one.  :)

8 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

I don't think any games are hard to find. You can go on ebay and see many copies for sale. Non platinum hits covers. Regular standard original editions. Just depends if you want to pay the price or not. 

I love this game soooooooooooooo much I never wanted to be without it. I usually buy back up copies of my favorite games just in case something every happens to them. I have a sealed copy. Original game! Found it at some local Computer store by me about 2 years ago. Now it seems harder to find for a decent price. I'm lucky I found it for $20. I don't think the guy in the store knew what gem he was holding. I'll be holding onto this game for awhile and see what happens. It's currently enjoying being on display near my other goodies! Hopefully my playing copy stays perfect and I'll never have to open this one.  :)

Nice one gov, am still looking for the normal one of demon souls and the god of war hd ones with no platinum hits on it or anything same with oblivion steel book of the 5th edition of it also the normal one of dead rising 2 off the record too as yeah. kind of odd but yeah.

• 10 months later...
On 16/01/2019 at 3:39 PM, KANERKB said:

Nice one gov, am still looking for the normal one of demon souls and the god of war hd ones with no platinum hits on it or anything same with oblivion steel book of the 5th edition of it also the normal one of dead rising 2 off the record too as yeah. kind of odd but yeah.

Big bump, but have you tried CeX? If you're based in the UK, there are plenty of their stores around, plus you can buy online.

Demon Souls on CeX.

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:06 PM, frontzie said:

Big bump, but have you tried CeX? If you're based in the UK, there are plenty of their stores around, plus you can buy online.

Demon Souls on CeX.

Cex is the worse place to get games if you want the case/ cover to be ok, if you order it online you can't put limits on what it has and so on. the cover could be reprints and so on. if you go into the store they won't even let you trade the covers, they say you got to buy the game either though you got it in your hand and want to replace the cover or get a booklet with it and so on.

10 hours ago, KANERKB said:

Cex is the worse place to get games if you want the case/ cover to be ok, if you order it online you can't put limits on what it has and so on. the cover could be reprints and so on. if you go into the store they won't even let you trade the covers, they say you got to buy the game either though you got it in your hand and want to replace the cover or get a booklet with it and so on.

All dependent on which CeX you go to, although I've had no quarrels with CeX about cases, disc quality or manual reprints. My local is very courteous, and they do let you replace the case if you ask nicely. Obviously, there is some limit to what cases/covers you can swap - as long as it's fit for display purposes and clean they'll allow trades.

• 1 year later...