Paleblood

This is unplayable.

22 posts in this topic

At least for me it is.

Has anyone else immense problems with fever mode?

I put in my commands always as close to exactly the same as I can, yet still sometimes I go into fever mode with a 2COMBO and sometimes it fails completely. I don't try anything new. I follow always the same beat - I just can't get any form of consistency.

Am I just unable to play this or does anyone else suffer as hard as I do?

My girlfriend can't get it right either, and she played Patapon back on the PSP like crazy.

I also played around with my TV and sound settings. So it's not because of that.

attachment.php?attachmentid=480&d=133488

Edited by Joker

Google says it is a known issue, yeah. Seems like the PaRappa remaster suffers from the same problem.

That's a shame, I was really looking forward to playing these games.

That blows, I loved this one back in the day and was looking forward to the Remaster but No, Not letting a crap port ruin the love I had for this game. Thanks for the warning.

Even if I read this on numerous sites.

I see from youtube it is a common problem with this game. By the way this maybe off topic but I love the Joker photo you got, brings back old shows I remember watching when I see it for some reason, also I like to crack a joke related to full metal jacket but sadly I forgot where I left the video and gif.

I was struggling with the fever stuff the first half hour or gameplay. I couldn't make a single combo after the fever :/

But, after 6 hours put in the game i can Say it's all about timming, now i can be on fever mode 5+ minutes non-stop, even the full mission itself. I didnt modified any settings on the tv volumen or any other thing. Just keep trying and keep watching the flashing border of the screen instead watching those Patapons. Good luck!

6 hours ago, KANERKB said:

I see from youtube it is a common problem with this game. By the way this maybe off topic but I love the Joker photo you got, brings back old shows I remember watching when I see it for some reason, also I like to crack a joke related to full metal jacket but sadly I forgot where I left the video and gif.

Ha, well thank you good sir. I love it too. In case you're interested it's from the New 52 Comic Series. If you want to see some awesome (alltough really dark) Joker stories check out the New 52 Batman Comics.

2 hours ago, leptonic said:

I was struggling with the fever stuff the first half hour or gameplay. I couldn't make a single combo after the fever :/

But, after 6 hours put in the game i can Say it's all about timming, now i can be on fever mode 5+ minutes non-stop, even the full mission itself. I didnt modified any settings on the tv volumen or any other thing. Just keep trying and keep watching the flashing border of the screen instead watching those Patapons. Good luck!

I tried for 3 straight hours yesterday. I got better at the end even holding fever mode a few 'turns'.

But it's sooo precise it just seems broken to me.

My first guess would be the 60 FPS port. My theory is that we only have half the frames now for the perfect timing.
I know, for someone who never experienced something like that this must sound weird and like an excuse for me sucking at the game. But sadly this happens much more frequent that you'd think.

Dark Souls II for example had a similar problem with it's weapon durability when it first launched on PC with 60FPS.

How the music in fever mode changes throws me off a lot. After a couple times of playing I finally got it down so it's not really that difficult for me anymore. Other than that I haven't encountered anything else that's problematic in the game.

21 hours ago, fastflowdaman said:

Google says it is a known issue, yeah. Seems like the PaRappa remaster suffers from the same problem.

So that's why I could never get past the cooking stage in Parappa...

Parappa has the same problem, doubt it will get fixed since that hasn't been fixed yet.

well I have to say i hadnt any problem. I played it on the PSP too and for me there is no difference. I reached the Fever mode in the tutorial mission and it was very easy to hold it on.

1 hour ago, Namenloser1990 said:

well I have to say i hadnt any problem. I played it on the PSP too and for me there is no difference. I reached the Fever mode in the tutorial mission and it was very easy to hold it on.

Do you play on the base PS4 or on the Pro? Just curious cause I read very different stories.

On 3/8/2017 at 1:03 AM, fastflowdaman said:

Wait, PaRappa was already hard and they made it harder? LOL...

So I finally got around to playing now that it's the weekend and I have some free time. Just want to throw my hat in and say I'm not having issues maintaining fever mode either. I'm playing on a PS4 Slim, so it's possible if you're all playing on a Pro it's a framerate issue. I played all the original games on the PSP as well so maybe it's just my familiarity with the title, but I'm thinking it probably has to do with the frames. Hope this helps you guys solve your issues somehow. Good luck :3

I have played since launch and it has been perfect. I an playing on a monitor though so I think I have very low input lag. I just have the bugged divine weapon trophy left. I am playing on the Pro.

Edited by n1keman_SH

I have a pro and was having issues as well, then I had a flash of scientific revelation:

Think of seeing a concert from the cheap seats. You see the drummer smash that cymbal before you hear it. Light travels faster than sound.

On the PSP, your audio and video were 3-4ft from your face. Not enough distance for the soundwaves to lag behind the lightwaves. However, being a console release, we are now quite a bit further from the audio/video source. And that audio, a lot of times, is a rear facing speaker, bringing with it the need for the sound waves to bounce off the wall before they ever head our way. This isn't really noticable at the human level as our brains compensate for the difference. But when you are appeasing precision frame response, this lag is juuuust enough to be infuriating!

The solution for me was to throw on some headphones. I went from 2 nights of frustration at not being able to maintain fever mode at all, to running fever mode, start to finish through most stages.

Hope this helps you, fellow Patapons!

Just throwing in my two cents. I'm playing on a PS4 Pro and 4k TV (not monitor) and it's been fine for me. I never played the original and I struggled for the first couple hours but I'm now able to consistently keep fever mode going for minutes at a time. From my experience it just seems like any normal learning curve but for those with issues I would have to guess it's TV latency issue.

At start I had problems to keep Fecer too. Since I was able to maintain it on PSP or PSV for whole mission I was concerned too. But I guess the main reasons are Nice memories, Different button layout and press time and for most - delay in button pressing via bluetooth + if you have headphones connected to dualshock, it might even that. There is a real delay for just a fracture of second but it might cause this unability to keep Fever mode on.

I've been playing on pro, haven't had any issues but I also have a pretty good tv, so never had the problems some have been reporting with timing, the key is to watch the border and try to press it when it flashes on then release at same time as it disapates, that's what has helped me keep fever whole levels. Also people comparing the parramatta release with this have no fucking clue what their talking about, or haven't played both, parrapas problem is it being a pretty shitty rythym game ever since release (see the whole premise of having to push the buttons mulriple times for cool rating) while patapons problems have mostly stemmed from tv refresh times (which would be fixed by calibration option true, but not a ultimately flawed game design like parrapa)

First I was playing on TV and I had problems keeping fever mode. I heard that some TV's has 'game' profile in the settings and that this helps.

For me, the best was to use headphones connected to Dualshock 4. Now I can maintain fever mode through the whole boss fight:)