Chat issues

MMDE

I don't know when it started, but at some point people stopped joining the chat, and I tried to refresh the chat to see what was wrong.

https://psnprofiles.com/chat

You will probably be told that you couldn't connect and told to try the old chat that doesn't work either.

The problem is that the chat script doesn't find the object "io", which you get from this file:

https://chat.psnprofiles.com:8080/socket.io/socket.io.js

It is linked on the chat page, so it should work, but if you try to look at the link above, you'll see it will tell you that there's some issues with the certificate. It's out of date, probably linked to the 8080 port.

2017-08-03_04h27_03.png

How to get around it:

Just go to that page and you should be told that it's unsafe and that you shouldn't look at it etc, but there should be some option to still do so. In Chrome I know it is hidden behind an option that says "advanced" or something with a very small font. If you do allow your web browser to view it even if it's "unsafe", you should be able to join chat again.

2017-08-03_08h45_41.png

^ See the ADVANCED button.

2017-08-03_08h46_33.png

^ Select to proceed to the page. (after this you should be able to join chat as normal again)

Hopefully Sly fixes it soon.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

My bet is that it has something to do with the 8080 port.

The problem is that the certificate expired about 8 hours ago (at 00:30 GMT if I'm not mistaken). For me it shows this:

chat.psnprofiles.com:8080 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on August 3, 2017 at 2:32 AM. The current time is August 3, 2017 at 10:43 AM. Error code: SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE

Sly just forgot to renew it.

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

The problem is that the certificate expired about 8 hours ago (at 00:30 GMT if I'm not mistaken). For me it shows this:

Oh well, that it is then, didn't really look into what it was when I was able to enter the chat. :P I still think it's linked to the port 8080 shit, because the normal https certificate is fine.

Edited by MMDE

3 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

It renews automatically but the chat server needs to be restarted to reload the new cert.

• 2 years later...