Free on PS+ August 2017

Gr4de_04

No comment on the trophies, but Downwell is amazing. Kind of like Spelunky meets Luftrausers, with a real workhorse of a mechanic: jumping shoots, which kills enemies, destroys blocks, and propels you just enough to keep you airborn until you run out of ammo. It gets pretty tough starting at the underwater stage 3, but once you master combos you can kind of tank your way through some of its hazards.

Edited by Spelunkette

downwell is really great.i got the platin in january and had a lot of fun. The normal runs are pretty easy, but the hard runs need some practices...especially the hard mode boss. you should give it a try...its worth it. for me its a 7/10 for difficulty and a 8/10 for the game. i recommend to finish the game on normal and than look at the trophies. if you finished all chapters you should know where to get the trophies...otherwise feel free to ask if you have questions. also downwell is great for shorter sessions, because you can finish it pretty fast. here is a normal run from me as you can see i change the colorpalette...for me it was easier than use the black/white colors. 

On 3.8.2017 at 7:38 PM, Hemiak said:

@r4tb0-Roughly how long would you say the plat took. I'm def going to play this, just curious. 

hard to say. it depends on your skill and a little bit luck with the rng (enemy spawns). it took me about 10-15h i would say, but its possible in 1h. as you can see a run on normal took me around 12 minutes. a run on hard isnt longer. the trophies for fly through a world and the combo trophies can be easily done in world 4...so if you have practice in this game you can go fast.

9 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

I've downloaded this game for the Vita, but i'm a tad worried since there's no trophy guide for it, so basically i wouldn't know what chapters when to go for the trophies.

as i say...the combo and fly through trophies are easily done in world 4...for the other trophies try world 1. you don't need a trophy guide. and if you have any questions...ask me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

I've downloaded this game for the Vita, but i'm a tad worried since there's no trophy guide for it, so basically i wouldn't know what chapters when to go for the trophies.

Hmm, I've never done a trophy guide, so maybe this would be a good place to start.

@r4tb0- is right though, after you play the game a little bit it's fairly obvious how to go about getting the trophies.  I do understand that it might not seem too straightforward before you start and I would like to encourage more people to play this game since it's free on Plus now.

I got the plat for this game a few months ago. I'd rate it as a 4/10 game in terms of difficulty. It might look hard and impossible at first, but once you get the hang of it, it will be pretty easy. There are some nice power ups which greatly help increase your chances of beating the game in one sit. I would recommend trying to get reverse engineering and that power up which can give you life if you eat the little things you kill. I suggest you try to get one of these power ups in level 1, otherwise re-start the game.

As for style, I got the plat playing entirely with spinning arms.

This plat involves a lot of skill but of course, practice makes the master... it could take like 2 hours or 20 hours depending on your skills, but it is totally doable.

Good luck!

5 minutes ago, FalseSine280 said:

I have regrets about starting this game already. So bloody hard. At least in others tough games I can actually feel that I can beat it eventually, but in this one I'm not sure

I had same feeling when I started. Eventually you get past first area, die on next. More time pass and you pass second area etc. 

I now have bit under 110k gems (no estimate on time) and I have managed to beat boss on normal and got past first area on hard. 

For me first area on hard is the hardest area. Others areas doesnt give me that much trouble. But I don't know how to buld up health in hardmode: levitate style barely work with all of this red eyes and I ended up lose a lot of health on first level it's sad because levitate proof me usefull on next levels, arm spin style got for me just charge upgrades all the time instead of hearts and there are not so many caves in hardmode, shops are overpriced. Some kind of checkpoints or permanent upgrades instead of those useless visual styles would be nice. Yeah game only 15 minutes long but you should be super focused all this 15 minutes and this a little to harsh for how my attention works maybe if I be some kind of military jet pilot..