My First Ever Platinum

BurnedChipmunk

9 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Congratulations on your first platinum. The game itself isn't hard at all, but it's a very fun game as with the previous entries. 

Oh yeah, this isn't a hard game, that's for sure. I played the entire game on the Expert difficulty even when trophy hunting. If you want challenge 'InFamous: First Light' arena trophies are much harder and more challenging (but still fun); I haven't got those ones yet. This wasn't a concerted, "I'm going for the Platinum" run. I only very recently decided to go platinum hunting. I actually just really liked the game and decided I wanted to play through both the good and evil storylines. By the time I'd finished 2 playthroughs, I was already 89% towards the platinum so today I finished it off. I was shockingly close to popping the platinum without actively trying to, so yeah, this is definitely an easy plat, but I'm glad to have it.

Edited by BurnedChipmunk
Spelling error

39 minutes ago, BurnedChipmunk said:

Well, I've done it. Went on today, spent an hour hunting down some sign spinners and musicians to do the last few trophies and I finally got my first platinum. Feels great, really great to actually have a platinum trophy. It's nice to be able to say "I beat that game 100%"

What have you done to yourself. Getting addicted to trophy hunting is the worse thing possible. You will never enjoy a game again. You won't have a social life and no money in your bank account.....ever

But seriously well done on your first platinum. It's a great feeling getting your first plat and Second Son is a good one. Don't listen to people that say trophy hunting ruins a gaming experience, going for the platinum only makes it better and you get more of an experience a game has to offer going for the 100%. 

Just remember some people won't understand what a platinum means and will just tell you it's a waste of time and that they have a life. I have two kids and I'm married and still get time for everything socially and gaming wise. Just learn to time manage. Don't feel bad going for easy plats because you not going to get 100 ultra rare platinums so just have a mix bag. 

But anyways welcome to the Platinum club and remember to enjoy the games you playing (That's a lie because I've platinumed games I hated just for the sake of a plat:facepalm:) Well done. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DF007gamer said:

What have you done to yourself. Getting addicted to trophy hunting is the worse thing possible. You will never enjoy a game again. You won't have a social life and no money in your bank account.....ever

But seriously well done on your first platinum. It's a great feeling getting your first plat and Second Son is a good one. Don't listen to people that say trophy hunting ruins a gaming experience, going for the platinum only makes it better and you get more of an experience a game has to offer going for the 100%. 

Just remember some people won't understand what a platinum means and will just tell you it's a waste of time and that they have a life. I have two kids and I'm married and still get time for everything socially and gaming wise. Just learn to time manage. Don't feel bad going for easy plats because you not going to get 100 ultra rare platinums so just have a mix bag. 

But anyways welcome to the Platinum club and remember to enjoy the games you playing (That's a lie because I've platinumed games I hated just for the sake of a plat:facepalm:) Well done. 

My bank balance was screwed a long time ago. I've got every major console except the Xbox One and Switch, as well as a £1000 gaming PC... My physical game collection is easily at over 400 games (just rough estimate). I currently collect Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games (they're my teen years, I'm a sucker for nostalgia). I would go all out with the Sega collection, but collecting 16-bit and earlier games is WAY too expensive. But I still have the old consoles in storage. Instead I have the OpenPandora which is a portable Linux handheld PC with every single NES, SNES, Master System, Mega Drive, and Turbo Grafx game I could find loaded on it with emulators.

Console wise I've got a PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Sega Saturn all set up in my bedroom/office space; and a second PS3, a Wii U, and Vita TV in the living room (so I can stream my PS4 downstairs but no kids aren't getting to the PS4 games). I've got a Dreamcast and Gamecube, but neither are set up and ready to play at the moment. Then there's the handhelds. I've got my Nintendo 3DS, Gameboy Advance SP, PS Vita and PSP all in hard carry cases and able to be taken with me whenever needed; as well as the OpenPandora that I mentioned before. I'm probably more of a portable gamer than a console gamer; (which means I should be the perfect audience for the Nintendo Switch, but nah, they need to release some actual games for it for me to give a shit).

So yeah, my bank balance won't be any worse off. It anything maybe I'll stop buying more games and actually play the games I already own. I have way too many games and will likely never get around to playing everything I own. I get that platinum hunting is an acquired hobby, in fact I don't quite understand why people go for the banal mind numbing trophies like 'My Name Is Mayo' or force themselves to play shit they have no interest in like 'Hannah Montana'. But I definitely can see the value in getting really absorbed into your games and devoting time to perfect them. I'll likely never go full blown trophy hunter, after all I don't play online at all, so if there's a single online trophy, I won't be getting the plat. (I don't even have a PlayStation+ or Xbox Live subscription). But I've got a taste and I'm liking it. There's loads of trophies that are single player only I could try for, many of which are games I already own. So yeah, thanks for the response. I'll make sure to enjoy my trophies and my games, and not let one ruin the other.

• Like 1

Hey man we'll done on Plat 1 of many. I got second son not too long ago was a cool and fun Plat.  It is on the easy side but I feel that it's a fair Plat can enjoy the game without any frustration like some other games.  

So hope u continue the journey trophy Hunting is awesome,  play what u enjoy mostly sometimes u will just get a Plat just because but that's also ok

Go for first light next! 

12 minutes ago, BurnedChipmunk said:

But I've got a taste and I'm liking it. There's loads of trophies that are single player only I could try for, many of which are games I already own. So yeah, thanks for the response. I'll make sure to enjoy my trophies and my games, and not let one ruin the other.

After my 100th plat I stop going for the easy plats but rather for the ones I can enjoy. I've been guilty in the past and went through a phase where no matter how crap the game I wanted the plat (Like the Barbie platinum I got ps3). But that's in the past. I too have most gaming consoles except for the XBox1 and Switch. Been gaming since the eighties and first game I owned was NINTENDO handheld Oil Panic along with the Handheld DONKEY KONG. Anyways enjoy you ongoing gaming life (which keeps you out of mischief;)

• Like 1

Congrats~! I didn't find this platinum challenging at all. Just extremely grindy. Funny story is that I haven't gotten it yet (o: .... The last two trophies I needed were beating the game on hard and getting level 5 karma. There was a glitch when you switch the game last minute to hard, you'll get that trophy. I had recently picked up the game and thought it was already on hard and just blasted through the final level and boss again and was like god this is so easy! Final scene happened and I'm like ok wheres my trophy... then I looked at my settings... Few weeks later when I was streaming, I was trying to get the sign spinner trophy and eventually lost interest.. I ended up saving my 100% evil game over my good safe file which was level 4 karma...

So.. let's just say this game and I aren't really on good terms.

3 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I didn't find this platinum challenging at all. Just extremely grindy. Funny story is that I haven't gotten it yet (o: .... The last two trophies I needed were beating the game on hard and getting level 5 karma.

So.. let's just say this game and I aren't really on good terms.

We all have that one game. Mine is inFamous First Light. Just have a few trophies also for the plat but didn't bother going for it because of "aren't really on good terms" xD

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on your first platinum! This game was almost my first platinum as well, but at the time, I couldn't fathom playing a game 2+ times through for a platinum trophy... Nowadays, that's nothing compared to some other games I've played... This game will be my next platinum when I decide to start grinding again. All I really need to do is do another playthrough going down the "Good" route.

• 1 month later...