Your Gaming History, Setup, & Collections

BurnedChipmunk

My first system was an Intellivision, but I was so young at that point that it's just scattered memories. At either 3 or 4, I got my first NES for Christmas, can't remember which year it was. Megaman 2 eventually became the first game I ever beat. I played plenty before that, but it was the first I ever finished on my own and I look back at that as a great first.

Then I got a SNES, a week before it even came out here. All my friends were so jealous lol. Not long after that I played Link to the Past which is still one if my all time favorite games. Then I got Final Fantasy 4 and that turned me into a JRPGaholic. Something I've never lost. That pretty much sums up the major events that made me the gamer I am today.

As for collecting, I've never been that guy. I've always been more of a "I want to play as many games as possible" type of player. Focusing on collecting means I'm less focused on my goal lol. I guess growing up in a time when renting was so cheap and easy it conditioned me to not care about owning. Now I just want to play, I don't care where it comes from.

• Like 3

My parents have told me I was eager to play with computers before I could walk. I was lucky that my dad always got computers from work in case he had to do work related things at home (but actually they were used mainly for my gaming).

My first touches to gaming were on Commodore 64 in the earlier years of 1980s when I was only a few years old. We also had a Macintosh Plus with some games. Some of my favorite games I remember from those times were California Games, World Games, PaperboyTapper, DecathlonBarbarian, Jack the Nipper IICommando Libya, MikiePyjamaramaDragons DenHenry's HouseBubble Bobble, Up 'n DownBomb Jack, Dynamite Dan... (I hope NSA won't come get me), Menace, Donald DuckPooyanSpace Taxi, Falcon PatrolSuper PipelineBC's Quest for Tires, Law of the WestStunt Copter, Uuno Turhapuro muuttaa maalle, Spy vs Spy IIGiana SistersSpy Hunter, Pole Position, Pitstop II, Boulder Dash, etc. I could go on all day about all those great C64 games! I have an older sister who had written me instructions on how to load games on C64 floppy disks while she's at school. ? 
I also owned some Nintendo Game&Watch electronic games and such. 

At some point I started playing on PC (386), Amiga and NES at friends' houses. In the beginning of 90s I bought my first console, a used NES from from my friend who had upgraded to Sega Megadrive. During the 90s I also played a lot on PC (Pentium I and upwards). Day of the TentacleDoom, Blood, Rollercoaster TycoonWacky Wheels, Mortal Kombat I - III, Pinball Fantasies and Tomb Raider were some of my favorite games on PC those days. I remember playing Blood "co-op" with my friend at night, I was firing and she was controlling the character using the same keyboard. At some point playing the game she was startled and started screaming which startled me and then we were both screaming. My parents were luckily quite sound sleepers. 
I also bought a used GameBoy and Nintendo 64 and had a few games for those.
My first PlayStation was PlayStation 2 which I got together with Tekken Tag Tournament. That game was a blast to play with a friend. The tag team survival mode was awesome.

After playing mostly on PC I bought a PlayStation 3 together with my fiance (now husband) in 2008. It was the first console he has owned. I have a great memory of those times. I had hurt my back and had to stay at home on a sick leave for a week. My fiance walked to a department store before leaving to work and bought me Street Fighter 4 for PS3 and adjusted a pillow under my back in bed so I could spend my time playing comfortably. :) 

In 2012 I thought it would be nice to play Pokémon again so we bought me a Nintendo 3DS and Pokémon Black. My husband was like "meh, I'm not interested in kids' games like Pokémon". He watched me play for one evening and he was quite impressed, so the next day we went to buy him his own Nintendo 3DS and Pokémon White:eyebrow: 
The following years we upgraded into newer 3DS models and also bought PS Vitas to feed our handheld console addiction. Then we splurged on Wii U after a coworker recommended it to us. I have lots of unfinished Wii U games I should probably get back to playing sometime... 

PlayStation 4 Pro moved into our house before Christmas 2016 and we also bought a Nintendo Switch at launch (first console I've ever gotten at launch) because I wanted to play Splatoon 2 from the first Global Testfire. 

These days I mostly play on Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita, PS4 and Switch. Currently PC doesn't get much gaming use from me aside from some MMOs which we play together with Husbando™. Like real Finns we go to MMOs to play just the two of us together (and sometimes, when required, on multiple accounts so we could avoid communicating with other players). 

I think that's about it for my gaming history. Tried to make it brief but failed. Probably forgot a lot of things too.

EDIT: Oh, and about my collections... I don't collect any gaming stuff systematically. I sometimes buy collector's editions if they have nice things like artbooks and soundtracks. It's nice to have games as physical copies but I also buy digital. I never buy for collections only, all games I buy I'm interested in playing. I've also bought some amiibos but mainly because they can be used as ingame bonus content.

Edited by Eyjabria
Forgot to add a paragraph about collecting
  • Like 2

When did you start gaming?

I started when I was about 10, when I visited my cousins in Canada who had a PS1 and Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped. It was really fun and we played it like all the time, so when we came back home to Ireland, my brother and I begged my dad for a ps1 and the same game. We rented a lot of games, usually one game a week so I've played 100s of ps1 games until the PS2 came out. Crash bandicoot was the mainstay and I had all the games, Spyro was another. CTR and Crash Bash were the one's we played together, while I mostly played CB Warped and my brother preferred the 2nd game. About a year later, my mum got us GBA's secretly from my dad (he's very anti-gaming), and pokemon silver as the first game. Since then I have played all the Pokemon games and completed the Pokedex in Silver, Sapphire, Emerald and Diamond but I stopped Pokemon after Alpha Sapphire being my last. 

What consoles did you play as a kid? PS1 from about 10, PS2, GBA and soon after GB SP from around 12, then we got the PS3 when I was about 16. I'm more of a gamer than my brother, who hardly plays at all now so it was mostly me using the home consoles. He gave me his PSP to play KH birth by sleep. 

What consoles and systems do you own? I currently own a PS2, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, and 3DS. I sold off all my PSP, GBA, GBsp, PS1, DS lite and DSi XL. 

What do you have set up and currently play?

I played my PS3 until recently, then I got a PS4 last Christmas along with Tales of Berseria and FFXV. So at the moment I'm playing my PS4 and sometimes my PS Vita. I hardly play my 3DS anymore though, as I lost interest in Pokemon and the only other game I really played on Nintendo was Harvest Moon. I really only bought the console for all the Kingdom Hearts and FF games on way back. Now there's nothing interesting for me on it, so it's stuck in my drawer.  

What do you collect for, if anything?

I don't collect anything. I have a nice collection of the Japanese versions of all the Tales games, the collectors ed.s of the FF13 series but that's about it. I sold stacks and stacks of games off over the years, and sold another stack before moving country. I tend to sell stuff off as I'm not into keeping things. I like download games as well, as i keep moving and live in small city apartments in general,  so there's no space. My mum also gets annoyed when I keep or hoard stuff I don't use.

And finally, Are you going for a full collection or just a curated library of your favourite games? I just keep my Tales and FF games as they are my favourite series of all time and it's too emotional to part with them. Everything else is sold off. I go for a curated library as I don't have a full collection and money is another thing. I just have the PS3 and PS4 games, and the Tales of Innocence and Hearts R and FFX/X-2 on Vita. I don't have any PS2 or older games as a physical copy except FFXII; I just download versions. In terms of merchandise though, I could fill two suitcases with Tales and FF goods I bought in Japan and at the Tales festivals in Yokohama, like plushies, tote bags, stationary, cushions, cups wall scrolls... even a Tales series Yuri towel and a hoodie. 

In terms of my gaming history since childhood, I've played games from the following series over the years: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, FF, Disgaea, Tales, Dragonball Z, Bratz, Pokemon (main series, ranger and mystery dungeon), Harry Potter, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Quest, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, Ratchet & Clank, Harvest Moon/ Story of Seasons, Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider, Steins Gate and 

About 90% of the time from childhood until now I mostly played an FF, KH, Pokemon or Tales game. The rest were just kind of here and there, or only for a certain period of times like a year or so before moving on to  something else.

Sorry my post is super long, but it's interesting to read everyone else's gaming histories! 

• Like 4

When did you start gaming? I started gaming on a space invader Arcade machine, my dad picked me up to reach the joystick, I also played allot of pinball. I must have been around 5? Idk, arcade games was my first experience.

What consoles did you play as a kid?  Atari 2600, Some Australian Hanimex Console, Intellivision. Nintendo's game & watches where next.

What consoles and systems do you own? Honestly, everything since the 2600 except the Atari 5200, Atari Jaguar, virtual boy and Nintendo Switch.

What do you have set up and currently play? Currently I have a Dreamcast, Ps4, Ps3, Vita TV, Wii U, Sega Saturn, N64, Xb1 and a Super Famicom all hooked up to my gaming tv. Surprisingly I play all of them on and off, In fact I can tell you what game is currently in each. The DC has Power Stone, The PS4 has FF12, the PS3 has Farcry 3, the Vita tv has Dragons crown, The Wii U has Zelda BOTW, The SS has King Of Fighters 97, The N64 has the entire library on one of those SD carts, the XB1 has COD WAW, The SFC has a JRPG called Dark Half.

What do you collect for, if anything? I don't really collect

And finally, Are you going for a full collection or just a curated library of your favourite games? I have a full Atari 7800 collection, but that was easy. Everything else? Not intentionally aiming at any goal. I just buy what grabs me tbh.

In terms of my gaming history I have played games my entire life and have no reason to stop, Apart from pinball and skating (Skateboard) I honestly don't have any other hobby. I don't care about pretty graphics or the cost of a pc or console, it's the game library that really makes the difference. As a child, My next door neighbours where from Japan, they introduced me to the Famicom and all I can say is the rest is history. From there almost all consoles came from Japan and this meant I had to learn a few things like Japanese basics and the art of pirating games, I pirated everything up until the ps2 though everything is legit now. Oh, I still find time to max prestige every COD that gets released, I tell you, the world of online gaming with Call of duty is a different world.

• Like 3

1990 when I got a Nintendo for my 11th birthday.

What consoles did you play as a kid?

Nintendo, Sega and Sonys family of consoles. Most of them anyways.

What consoles and systems do you own?

Wii, Wii U, PS2, PS3, PS4, PS4 Pro, 3DS, 3DSXL,Vita, Vita TV and 2 PSPs.

As you can clearly see, Playstation owns me. Lol. ?

All of the above. ?

Manga and action figures related to games I played and liked. Things that are included with LE's. Also strategy guides. So many guides.

And finally, Are you going for a full collection or just a curated library of your favourite games?

Just faves. Most are RPGs.

Gaming History

Kinda complicated to explain. Sorry.:emo: 

• Like 2

I started gaming when I was about 3-4. I think it was my uncle who got us Home Pong. My parents weren't a big fan of videogames back in the day (tho they never stopped me or my siblings from playing them). It's a bit different story now.

As a kid (til the age of 18) I played Home Pong, Enterprise 128, Atari 2600, C64, C4+, some NES knockoff, Gameboy Color, PS1, PS2 and Gamecube.

Ever since I got my first job I've been buying my own consoles and games (apart from gifts) and currently own: Gamecube, PS2 (different ones that I played as a kid), PSP, PS3, PS4 and PC (I got a few games on it so I guess it counts). I'm also want to buy an XB1 this year but I'm waiting on XB1X before I make a choice which model to get.

I still have everything set up that I own except my Gamecube isn't plugged in. I mainly just play PS3 and PS4 these days.

As far as gaming goes I don't collect for anything particular, but I do keep all my games and consoles so that's my collection. Apart from that I do collect videogame related stuff like action figures and comics (Legend of Dragoon, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Twisted Metal). Also some other stuff, Formula 1, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, KISS, Deadpool, Punisher and ummmm... skulls (not real). :lol:

My gaming history in short, I got my first system at age 3-4 and had one gaming system or another ever since even if my parents weren't interested in them initially. Growing up my favorite genres were survival horror, JRPG and racers. Nowadays I play most things. Ever since my late teenage years I've been pretty much a completionist and the addition of trophies made me a hunter.

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 2

When I was about 4 years old. Got a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Yellow along with it.

I got a PS1 not long after my Gameboy, then a N64 a bit later. After that, I got a Gameboy Advance when I was about 6-7, then a Gamecube, then a PS2 shortly after. Those systems made up the bulk of my childhood. I was 10 when I got my first next generation console, the Nintendo DS, then the Wii a year or two later. I got my first PS3 when I was about 13.

I no longer have my Gameboy Color and N64, since I sold them off years ago. I regret it a little, especially the N64, but oh well.

I currently own:

-Original model PS1 (I think, haven't seen it for years, but I'm pretty sure it's collecting dust in a closet/cupboard somewhere)

-PS2 Slim (original PS2 died after about 11 years)

-Gamecube

-Gameboy Advance

-Gameboy Advance SP x2

-Nintendo Wii

-Xbox 360 Slim

-Original model DS

-DS Lite

-Original model DSi

-Original model 3DS

-3DS XL

-"New" 3DS XL (yeah, I'm a DS whore)

-Wii U

-Original model PS Vita

-Original model/fat PS3, but it doesn't really work properly any more

-PS3 Super Slim x2 (though I haven't really used the other super slim, I only got it as a backup in case my current one dies, because my first super slim actually did die within just 5 months of owning it. Got it replaced with my current PS3, but the current one has been having some odd issues now and again, mainly with the disc drive, hence why I brought a backup)

-Original model PS4

-Original model Xbox One

-Nintendo Switch

I currently have all the following hooked up to my TV:

PS2 Slim

PS3 Super Slim

PS4

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Wii

Wii U

Switch

I don't really play the Wii or PS2 much any more, but I do still have about 3 games in my Wii backlog, and I prefer playing them on the original Wii over the Wii U, since I didn't want to transfer over my saves due to the lack of Gamecube ports on the Wii U, disabling me from using a Gamecube controller for Brawl. And I missed out on the Gamecube adaptors and controllers for the Wii U (before they rose to insane prices).

After I'm done playing Tales of Vesperia, I don't see my 360 getting much playtime either. All the other systems still get plenty of use, especially the PS3 and PS4.

I don't really collect anything. I don't like selling my consoles unless I'm 100% sure I'm never gonna play them again, and so far, there hasn't been a time yet aside from the GBC and N64 where I've felt I'll never use one of my consoles again.

I have built up quite the game collection over the years, but I have sold off games I was absolutely certain I would never touch again before though, or given them to friends.

And finally, Are you going for a full collection or just a curated library of your favourite games?

Not really aiming to get a full collection of anything. I have a nearly full collection of the mainline Pokemon series games though, but I'm missing Blue since I sold that off years ago, and I got rid of my Gold, Crystal and 2 Silver cartridges several years ago when the internal batteries died on all of them, rendering them useless. I have all the versions since the GBA though, and have a few doubles (for separate saves).

• Like 2

When did you start gaming? 1998.
What consoles did you play as a kid? PS1, N64, PS2.
What consoles and systems do you own? PS1, PS2 (not working), PS3, PS4 (faulty disc drive) and PS4 Pro.
What do you have set up and currently play? PS4 Pro and PS3. I plan to get the PS4 fixed and given to a younger sibling.
What do you collect for, if anything? Casually prefer steelbooks.
And finally, Are you going for a full collection or just a curated library of your favourite games? I keep games that I like. There are ones I'd be willing to giveaway to friends if they ever buy themselves a PS4 or PS3.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 2

I started seriously playing with Super Mario RPG on Super Nintendo which my dad gave me for my ninth birthday. I only got to play it every other weekend (and every game for that matter), as my parents were divorced and all of the video game consoles were at my dad's house at this point. I bought the strategy guide with chore money a few months later and would spend all my time away reading it; the family would be at my brother's basketball game cheering and I'd be under the bleachers poring over every page. It still took me two years to beat it. I'd get frustrated and quit, falling back on rental SNES games or our shiny new SEGA Saturn.

Before then, our family had an NES and I played a few arcade games. Getting a Super Nintendo was cool, but my brother and I were still more outdoor kids at that point. Super Mario RPG just changed everything for me. I eventually moved on to getting a Game Boy Pocket and Nintendo 64, which I played the hell out of thanks to Pokémon Blue and GoldenEye 007. GameCube was the first system I remember wanting before its release, and when I bought it with 2002 Christmas money I put as much time and energy into Metroid Prime as I did Super Mario RPG.

Buying an Xbox with my own hard earned money in 2004 was probably the last gaming thing I felt like a kid doing, afterward I spent every extra penny I earned building GameCube and Xbox Libraries, buying a PS2 and PSP, waiting in line for hours for a Wii, signing up for broadband for Xbox 360, and on and on we go....

Consoles I still own: Super NES (plus Super GB) Nintendo 64 (plus expansion pak), GameCube (plus GB Player), Wii, Wii U, PlayStation 2 (Slim), PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox, Xbox One, and Dreamcast. Handhelds I still own: Nintendo DS, New Nintendo 3DS, Switch, PSP, and PS Vita (Slim).

Systems I no longer own: NES, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, PlayStation (PSOne), Xbox 360, and SEGA Saturn (model 2).

I currently have my PlayStation 4, Wii U, and Xbox One connected. My Switch is In portable mode, even for multiplayer, and 3DS and Vita are handy. My PlayStation 3, Super NES, and Nintendo 64 are all accessible and ready to connect if I want to play, everything else is stored away but not too hard to get at.

I don't really collect for anything anymore. I once aspired to own a full N64 library which never came close to happening lol. I always kept everything in 100% complete condition, but stopped caring really after selling the majority of my games (hundreds of GameCube, Xbox, and 360 games) to pay for medical expenses. Today I mostly buy digital, except for always getting retail 3DS games. It helps that games don't come with manuals anymore and have to be installed anyway, it also helps that most of what I play is indie too. I would like to get more physical Vita and Switch games for things I really care about, they just aren't available yet and I'm not looking to jump through hoops for Limited Run Games type releases.

Edited by Spelunkette
  • Like 3

When did you start gaming? On a GBA when I was 9 years old (so... 2003) with Pokémon Crystal. Never looked back since then :D

What consoles did you play as a kid? Mostly handhelds since that's what my parents gave me - GBA and DS. Later bought a Wii with my own saved-up money.

What consoles and systems do you own? For consoles I have Switch, PS4. Wii U, PS3, Wii (with Gamecube controller + memory card so it kind of doubles as a gamecube), PS2, N64, and for handhelds I have Vita, 3DS, PSP, DS Lite (also an original DS somewhere though not sure where that went) and GBA. Basically most 2000s and later Nintendo and Playstation consoles and handhelds (or possibility of playing their games) And technically my laptop and my phone (Android) would count, though I mainly play on console - I barely play PC games (the few games I play tend to be PC exclusive) and dabble in some mobile games now and then.

What do you have set up and currently play? Now that I have room to put all my consoles next to my TV, I have all my consoles plugged into the TV - Switch (though I mostly play it handheld actually), PS4. Wii U, PS3, and Wii (since Wii U can play Wii games I mainly use my Wii for Gamecube games + Japanese Wii games through homebrew) PS2 and N64. For handhelds I have everything listed above, though I mainly use my DS Lite for GBA games and my GBA for GBC/GB games.

What do you collect for, if anything? I guess I'm kind of a "casual collector" - I like having a collection on my shelf, though I don't go out of my way to buy games I'm not really that interested in. I also tend to keep on to games even long after I complete them and am unlikely to pick it up again - though I might sell them if I get another version of them, no reason to keep on to two of the same game.

And finally, Are you going for a full collection or just a curated library of your favourite games? Curated library mostly, not planning to buy games I wouldn't play anyway just for a collection

In terms of my gaming history I started out on GBA, and some of my first games were Pokemon Crystal, Sapphire and Emerald, Warioware Mega Microgames and the Sonic Advance series. Later got a DS (I also wanted a Gamecube but I never got one :c) and year after that I bought a Wii, which was my first home console. I've kept buying the new Nintendo consoles since then, I was mainly a Nintendo player for years until just some years back when I started trying to expand my horizons a bit and wanted to try some of the Playstation exclusives/not-on-Nintendo series, so I bought a PS3 (would most likely have gotten a PS4 if it was backwards-compatible, but PS3 had most of the library I wanted), then later I got a PS2 from a friend who had two, and then got a Vita from a sale where I could get a game and a memory card (just 4gb but better than nothing) along with it. It's mainly been Nintendo and Playstation for me - never been a fan of Xbox (and they don't have enough exclusives I want to justify a purchase for me), and Sega ect. was mostly before my time x3 Some of my favorite genres are platformers and rhythm, though I'll play most genres really. Overall I've always preferred the more stylized, "cartoony" games to more "realistic" looking worlds, and more colorful worlds to more dark and gritty stuff.

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

In about middle 90's when Dandy first has touched market around. First game was Castlevania and Battle city.

Dendy, Sega mega drive and then one friend of a family just gifted me a Playstaton with 300 discs.

Dendy, Sega, Playstation 1,3,4, Vita.

GTA online and Witcher 3, 'cuz tired from Dark Souls.

All Silent Hill games that I love.

One mentioned before I have, but not really. I only dream about Castlevania will be presented all on one platform, never going to happen thou.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

When did you start gaming

ZX spectrum,  so those tapes,  I use to spent my pocket money on games,   must be late 80s

What consoles did you play as a kid

Sega Master System,  Sega Mega Drive, Sony Playstation 1,2 and 3

What consoles and system do you Own

Currently Sony Playstation 4 and Vita (my Playstation 3 is not hooked up)

What do you have set up and Currently Play

Agents of Mayhem, Lego City Undercover and Crash Bandicoot

What do you collect for, if anything

Try to get every platinum game where you dont have to get any trophies online,  or if the trophies for are online upload a score,  complete a race etc   some would claim Saints Row and Rayman games.

And finally, are you going for a full collection or just curated library of favourite games

Similar to the above,  once completed I trade in,   what the point of keeping a game,  I noticed some of the vita games I have traded in have gone from the shops next time I go in. 

• Like 2

Around 1994. My cousin was spoiled rotten and his parents got him everything he wanted. He came to spend time at my place very often, so he'd also often bring along his Mega Drive (Sega Genesis for those of you in the U.S.). When I saw him playing Sonic the Hedgehog on it for the first time, I was hooked. You can actually control these characters on the television?! Sign me up, right now.

My first console was the original Game Boy, which I got back in 1996. I didn't have too many games on it (too poor for that), but I had fun. Thanks to my younger brother, it's since lost the battery cover, but I still have it and it still works, as far as I know.

Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Sega Saturn. Had some good moments playing those. All those times playing Wario Land, Dragon Ball Z Legends and Sonic Jam were the shit.

Whoo, boy. Let's see, then.

• Playstation 1 (not hooked, but with monitor attached)
  • Playstation 2 (hooked)
  • Playstation 3 (hooked)
  • Playstation 4 (hooked)
  • Xbox 360 (hooked)
  • Gamecube (hooked)
  • Playstation Portable
  • Playstation Vita
  • Game Boy (the one I got back in 1996)
  • Game Boy Color
  • Game Boy Advance
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo 3DS

I never sold a single one of my consoles, but my Playstation 2 is not the one I originally got back in 2005 (yeah, I got into it late). Me and my brother played around so much on it that the disc drive just kinda got super worn out. I sent it to Sony for a repair, but they didn't even bother - they just gave me a brand new one (not that I'm complaining, especially in 2014, when brand new Playstation 2 were hard to find)

I already answered what I currently have set up, but as for what I'm playing right now, I'm currently tackling New Game+ on Persona Q on the 3DS. Next up will be my first time trying out Uncharted.

To be able to play all the games I love whenever I want.

...why would I just collect games for no reason? I mean... do you play just to play, or do you play games because you like those specific games?

Basically, I just go for a curated library of my favorite games. There are some series I follow, like Persona, God of War, Prince of Persia, Devil May Cry... but I will just drop it if I start to get burned out. Happened to me, for instance, with Assassin's Creed, which I dropped after I got ACIV. Every game was just more of the same, but just getting more and more uninspired. I saw the end of Desmond's tale in ACIII, so I got what I wanted. I also stopped getting as many Dragon Ball games, despite being a huge fan of the manga, because there were just too many coming out and I was happy with what I already had. Ever since 2007, I just get the games that seem really good and/or different.

Edited by jrdemr
  • Like 3

When did you start gaming? 1994. Can't say what game it was, too young and it wasn't mine.

What consoles did you play as a kid? SNES, Nintendo 64, PS1, PS2, Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Colour and Game Boy Advance. 

What consoles and systems do you own? Game Boy Pocket (broken), PS3, Vita, PS4, Game Boy Advance, Xbox One and Game Boy Colour.

What do you have set up and currently play? All of the above except the Game Boy Pocket.

What do you collect for, if anything? Don't really collect anything.

And finally, Are you going for a full collection or just a curated library of your favourite games? Just collecting games that I think I'll like or are from series I like.

Edited by Feral
  • Like 2

Started playing on an Commandore 64 and Amiga but I don't really remember those that well, I wouldn't be able to point out which games I've played so my first real experience and one which I remember must be my days of playing DOS games on PC (Which had 500mb of storage capacity, wild stuff back then!).

Games that comes to mind from this early 90s era is: Doom 1+2, Quake, Jazz Jack Rabbit, Outlaws, Commander Keen, Redneck Rampage, Megarace etc.

But my hayday gaming was deffo in the PS1 era, this is the era where I learned of RPGs when Final Fantasy VIII and Pokemon launched... After playing those I went on to get Vandal Hearts 2, FF Tactics, Azure Dreams, Star Ocean: The Second Story, Tales of Eternia and the list continues... And to this day, I still love me some RPGs

My first console experience is NES, but I only borrowed that one, my very own was PS1 and it was glorious ? Back then I was more of a PC guy, but my friends had Sega and Nintendo machines, when the PS1 launched, everyone in the circle bought it and i've been in the PS family ever since haha.
Not sure if Gameboy counts as a console, but I had that aswell.

As of right now I own a PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP and Vita.

However I have owned aswell: PS1, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, Xbox 360 and Gamecube.

Right now my all the above mentioned systems that I currently own are set up (Well maybe not the PSP, but it's nearby if I ever should desire playing on it :P)

I used to collect collectors editions, especially for the Tales of series... But I burned out on the series around Xillia 2 and havn't brought a collectors item from that series since that entry... However in general I wish I could buy more collectors items, but I don't earn enough to justify such a buy anymore and I begun buying games from the PS store instead of physical copies so yeah...

I'm just going for a curated library of my favourite games, I pretty much have all the PS1 RPGs that I want and honestly that's the only collection that I truly wanted to complete, still missing out on that Granstream Saga... One day when I return to Ebay...One day xD

Edited by Tsukuyomi_Moon89
Add moooar
  • Like 1

• I started gaming in 2004 on an old Fujitsu Siemens Laptop xD and . it started with CS 1.3(and continued on till I reached 1.6 and stopped). I also used to play Duke Nukem and Road Rash(which was also on ps1, and one of my favourite games back then),
  • My dad got me an NES in 2005 for my birthday and pretty much played Batman:the video game, Mario, duck hunt, crazy contra, bomberman, and excitebike! However while those games were fun Nintendo never stuck with me because
  • My older siblings bought a PS2 late 2005! Now I got to play it every now and then because they used to play it a lot. However some of my favourites were GTA vice city and SA, bully, Rise to honor, WWE smackdown vs raw 2007, Tekken 4 and 5, winning 11 seven.
  • Then I pretty much played back again on my laptop and PS2 from 2005 to 2012 but most of that became occupied with Runescape which got introduced to my life in late 2006 or 2007 can't remember. This game took over my life literally as I did everything, and I mean everything in the game! My favourite times in my opinion when it was runscape in 2010 when they introduced  dungeoneering and a whole new graphics overhaul. They just hit the sweet spot IMO. However after about 5-6 years of playing Runewscape while also contemplating quitting because it just needed a lot of time investment, I got hacked!! Yep.. That's how I quit guys.. Im not going to lie I was pretty sad but eventually I just scoffed it over as moved on. The irony and the biggest IRONY was that my username was       iworkdsohard  xDxDxD (I chose that username as a song by Akon called "i tried so hard" was pretty popular back then)
  • Come in the ps3 in 2012 which I got on my birthday and well that's how console gaming stuck with me since then!
  • Got my ps4 in Nov 2016 and still loving the PlayStation. Very convenient with a guy with limited time to play, along with great games!
  • I still keep all of my favourite games and sell anything I don't like or even if I did enjoy but wouldn't go back to.

My favourite games of all time has to be(in no order):

Mirror's edge 1 and Catalyst

Batman arkham series( Knight>city>origins>asylum)

Tekken series (don't remember much about the early ones as I've played them a few times but 5>6>4>3. While TT were awesome they're not part of the main story)

CS (1.6>1.5>1.4>1.3)

Road Rash

Runescape

MW2

Dying light

Horizon Zero Dawn

Red Dead Redemption

Alien Isolation

UFC (2>undisputed 2010)

Uncharted 2

Infamous series( they're all freaking awesome in their own way and can't choose the best one)

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 4

As early as three years old in the good year of 2000. Once my father got a new computer, he put his old one, a Gateway 2000 in our tiny bedroom and let us use it when we had nothing else to do. It only ran Windows 95 and was a bit slow but it did the job right. While early on was a bunch of educational games, I did play some great point and click adventure titles at the time and it got me introduced to gaming. Here are some of the earliest games I've played on the PC.

• The Neverhood (Gave me nightmares as a young child. I found the claymation to be unusual and terrifying. The game got lost sometime between 2002-2003 and I've never found it since)
  • Myst 
  • Hot Wheels Crash
  • Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver
  • SimCity 3000 Unlimited 

Around that time, whenever my parents took us to McDonald's they had machines set up in the children's play area where you could play N64 games. The only three that I can remember that they had there that I played were Dr. Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. (When I visited that same McDonald's two years ago, the machines were there but no longer N64 sadly) 

Several. My first system was a Nintendo GameCube that was a Christmas present in 2001. The games that I got with it were Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race: Blue Storm, and Madden 2002. I never really touched the Madden game and most of my time was spent playing Star Wars and Luigi's Mansion which the latter has since become one of my favorite games of all-time and a bit of an obsession with the series. Some other games that we bought later on for the system were Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Burnout 2: Point of Impact, Harry Potter, and a really terrible Tonka game that doesn't deserved to be remembered.

A few years later in Christmas 2005, my brother and I were surprised to get a PlayStation 2 system. That point really started my love for gaming and it has continued ever since. The first game that I ever played on it was Burnout 3: Takedown and what a joy ride that was. The other games I got that day were Need For Speed Most Wanted, Atari Anthology, Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and Nicktoons Unite. All of which I still own. That PS2 is still alive and kicking but it's got some wear with a broken memory card slot and some really old controllers but they work, so I keep them.

Minus 2006, the next three following years I got each of the eight generation systems. When I asked how the hell they could afford them all they said was, "working" so it explained a bit.

• Christmas 2007 - Nintendo Wii (When we got a PS2, my mother made us sell the GameCube so I had asked for my father to buy one back. Instead, he got us a Wii that played GameCube games so it wasn't a loss. I ended up buying a GameCube again in December 2010 and I have had that same one for years now).
  • Christmas 2008 - Xbox 360 (Only really wanted one to play Destroy All Humans: Path of The Furon. Never had Xbox Live and only played a few games on it such as Command & Conquer, LEGO Star Wars, and Midnight Club. Got rid of it 2015 to put money towards a PS4 but I bought one again this year in January to relieve some memories)
  • Christmas 2009 - PlayStation 3 (And here is where the trophy hunting and PSN networking started. Can't wait for my ten year anniversary!)

• PlayStation 2
  • Nintendo GameCube
  • Game Boy Advance 
  • PlayStation 3 Slim
  • Wii
  • Wii U
  • PlayStation 3 Super Slim
  • PlayStation 4: Darth Vader Edition
  • PlayStation Vita
  • Nintendo 3DS XL
  • PlayStation
  • Super Nintendo
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo DS Lite 
  • Xbox
  • Xbox 360

In my basement, I have most of my systems hooked up to my 08 Samsung. I love it because it has a good amount of AV and HDMI Inputs. The only problem is that the glass panel is detached from the top because of the heat but it's not that big of a problem. At that area, I have my Xbox, Wii U, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 Slim, PlayStation 3 Super Slim, GameCube, and PS4 hooked up. In my bedroom, I have my original slim PlayStation 3 and Wii set up on an early 2006 Toshiba flat-screen television. I currently have focused my time playing my PS3 and PS4 but I still use the Xbox 360, GameCube, PS2 and Wii U occasionally. 

Aiming to collect for a whole GameCube set since it was my first system. I also have a rather large collection of PS3 titles (about 500) and I avidly collect for PS2, PS4, Vita, and 360 but not for full sets, just the games I want. I've cut back on collecting though recently due to college and I would rather play the games I've acquired then add more to the backlog. 

GameCube will be a full collection, the rest is just going to be of my favorite games. 

• Like 1

As early in life as I guess one could.  My brother tells me, with maybe a little bit of help, that I beat the first level of Super Mario Bros. for the NES before I could talk.  I like to think that's true. :D  So since I was born in 1987, I guess I'd say sometime around 1989-91 that I actually had a controller in my hands?

I was a Nintendo kid until the Playstation came out, then I became a Playstation kid.  Though I think I owned almost every major Nintendo and Playstation console at some point over the years.  So mainly the NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, PS1, PS2... but briefly had a Gamecube, Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox 360 at different points.  There were also sizable periods where I gamed primarily on PC (typically getting into older MMO's like Ultima Online and EverQuest when they were new in the late 90's).

Right now, I only physically have a PS3, a PS4, a Nintendo Switch (just got it a week or two ago), and a mid spec laptop for the occasional emulator/PC game.

I jump between those 4 that I currently own pretty regularly, and they could be booted up and played at any given time.  To elaborate... I'm currently playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy on the PS4, NHL 14 on the PS3, Zelda Breath of the Wild on the Switch, and Observer/Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice on the laptop... though I've started to buckle down and will be focusing on one game at a time since I wasn't really making progress in any of them. xD

As in, what am I collecting?  I have a sizable physical collection of your standard PS3/PS4 games (probably 100-150 games at this point between the two) and a few Switch games.  I'm also into anything I can get involved with when it comes to limited edition releases of games I'm interested in (courtesy of groups like Limited Run Games, Special Reserve Games, iam8bit, etc).  For a little while I started going out and finding reasonably priced classic old-school games.  A big box copy of the original Resident Evil on PS1, Final Fantasy VII black label copy on PS1, the first two Shenmue games (UK import of the Dreamcast copy of the second one), etc.  I'm mostly settled with those though... just need a shelf/display for everything now.  I recently moved so they're all in boxes still.

Since I generally sold/traded in all of my games/consoles when I was done with them as a kid, the "collecting" stuff only really started in the last few years for me.

A full collection would be wild... but I don't really have the space, money or patience for that.  Really I'm just making 100% sure I get physical copies of any games I can going forward, and occasional dabbling in more rare/limited collector's editions of games... so long as I have at least a passing interest in playing them someday, or really enjoyed them when I played them previously.

Though I will periodically trim the collection down (trading in, selling on eBay, etc) if there are any games I find I'm no longer thrilled to own for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Terra said:

As early as three years old in the good year of 2000. Once my father got a new computer, he put his old one, a Gateway 2000 in our tiny bedroom and let us use it when we had nothing else to do. It only ran Windows 95 and was a bit slow but it did the job right. While early on was a bunch of educational games, I did play some great point and click adventure titles at the time and it got me introduced to gaming. Here are some of the earliest games I've played on the PC.

• The Neverhood (Gave me nightmares as a young child. I found the claymation to be unusual and terrifying. The game got lost sometime between 2002-2003 and I've never found it since)
  • Myst 
  • Hot Wheels Crash
  • Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver
  • SimCity 3000 Unlimited 

Around that time, whenever my parents took us to McDonald's they had machines set up in the children's play area where you could play N64 games. The only three that I can remember that they had there that I played were Dr. Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. (When I visited that same McDonald's two years ago, the machines were there but no longer N64 sadly) 

Oh man, I spent so much time playing Stunt Track Driver.  That game was the shit back in the day. xD  Same with LEGO Island, the first one.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jrdemr said:

...why would I just collect games for no reason?

For the same reason people collect coins, or stamps, or sports memorabilia, or anything really.  They aren't using the stamps, or spending the coins, or playing with the sports equipment... but they often come with a certain sentimental/historical value, and a collection can be a fun little challenge in and of itself to track down everything you need to "complete" it (whatever that means to them).  Especially if you don't have unlimited resources to spend and need to be a little savvy about it.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 1 month later...

My parents say I started gaming when I was around 2 years of age with the Super Nintendo. Haha I do remember playing Mario's Missing, The Lion King and couple others :P Possibly also Castlevania oh yes I loved those games xD

Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, Playstation 1, PsOne, Playstation 2, Sega Dreamcast, Xbox, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS

Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, PSVita, New Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS

What do you have set up and currently

play?

The PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, N3DS and Ps Vita

I don't tend to collect anything per se, I like playing games that interest me.

Full collection of games? No that would be to expensive and you need a lot of space. I tend to just have games I liked and played. I am a simple gamer heehee

9 hours ago, Terra said:

I figured I would post some pictures of my collection to add on to my previous posts. This is only a portion of what I have,

Ccl1ClZ.jpg

4638qg7.jpg

woTX3vW.jpg

J1jq8gx.jpg

uLurA16.jpg

lP8XA8W.jpg

kACEg1i.jpg

xlm68rp.jpg

5KJJyvz.jpg

ztObhOp.jpg

R1U90iC.jpg

OhTC1MB.jpg

Vnl6T0z.jpg

I see a distinct lack of PS1 games, unimpressed until I see them! ;) lol

But seriously where are they!!! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I see a distinct lack of PS1 games, unimpressed until I see them! ;) lol

But seriously where are they!!! 

I only have a small collection of PS1 games left sadly :(. I do have a sizeable PS2 collection though!

y2hcyDc.jpg

0k6Fqsw.jpg

KvCeiC8.jpg

KFNYHVB.jpg

7yCGGOR.jpg

Can't forget the Vita and 3DS!

Mb4pnLS.jpg

WAqKvgO.jpg

Xbox and GameCube Stuff

61gZOgt.jpg

bekzYEm.jpg

5TFSul8.jpg